Fangraphs Sox top 15.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Fangraphs Sox top 15.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2014-top-10-prospects-boston-red-sox/

Here it is for you all you prospect loving people. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Fangraphs Sox top 15.

Finally someone recognize Jon Denney.  Excited for his first full season!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finally someone recognize Jon Denney.  Excited for his first full season!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he has lost a lot of steam because he has looked very suspect since being drafted.  He could have just been worn out and it was a small sample size but he struke out WAY too much for a top prospect with that pedigree in rookie ball.

Still last time Marc Hulet ranked a guy high that head everyone scratching their heads it was Mookie Betts.  So lets hope Denney is the next Mookie Betts (in terms of being on the prospect radar that is) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Denney is young and I never usually use a tiny smaple like he had last year. All the tools are there and hes still very young. Just needs some fine tuning is all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice link, thanks.  Nothing new about JBJ but it is good to see fangraph behing him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice link, thanks.  Nothing new about JBJ but it is good to see fangraph behing him.

[/QUOTE]

He's in the 2-3 range on just about everyones list.  He doesn't have the MVP ceiling that Bogaerts has but he also has a much higher floor than most prospects.  He has a great chance of being an above average player with plus plus defense in center field.

I'll take that...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It's funny...we don't often see pitching described as an "area of weakness" in this organization. I guess if they're talking just about high-ceiling guys who are close to the majors, that makes sense -- I don't see the next King Felix or Kershaw down there -- but I still don't think that makes pitching a weakness.

Just in AAA/AA we have a number of guys who could pretty easily end up mid-to-back of the rotation starters (Workman, Webster, Ranaudo, Barnes, Owens), plus those who will most likely go to the bullpen but could still start as well (De La Rosa, Britton). I'll take that kind of depth over having one or two high-ceiling guys who also have very high bust potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

awesome stuff.  thanks for sharing hugh...

Sections
Shortcuts