Fans should be in an uproar......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Fans should be in an uproar......

Cmon guys this is a whiny lil thread! The majority of you are showing how young you are when you say incredible remarks like "I dont want to watch AAA prospects, if I wanted to watch a small market team I would pick Kansas City, fans should be in an uproar, they gave up on the season ect." In June or July if you thought this team still had a chance your very gullible!! I would have been in an uproar if the Sox head shed kept trying to convince me they still ahd a chance! This was a great trade! Yes we gave up a very talented player in Agon, but the fact is he wasnt comfortable here and certainly did not have the type of leadership skills you expect from a guy making $20 mil+  The good thinkg about this trade and "only" throwing in $12 mil is that allows the Sox to take some of that savings and throw it at a team to take Lackey from us. Its not the end of the world folks. The Sox bought alot of goodwill with me after 2004 and 2007 and I support them. NEVER in my life would I consider saying "oh this sux I am going to follow Kansas City now!" SPOILED FANS! Remember the t-shirts from 2007......BELIEVE! We will turn it around this trade was only the beginning. Keep the faith!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they absolutely made the right move with the Dodgers trade.  As to whether it was for the sake of a buck, I think that will be better judged based on what they do going forward.

They could have waited until the off-season to make that or a similar deal.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, or maybe the opportunity would have been gone forever.  This was the biggest salary dump in history.  And the Dodgers want players for their stretch run.

[/QUOTE]

It was a no-brainer.  LA was 2 games out at the time.  They had just traded for Hanley and were looking for something to rev up interest in the team.  This was a unique opportunity.  You don't pass up a unique opportunity just because you want to pretend that you are still in a pennent race.  We were 13.5 out on the 25th.  It's hard to believe we just stumbled across this gift, and some people are still complaining about it.

[/QUOTE]

absolutley

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'm in an uproar over our continued massive injuries and cry baby underperformers.

For once, a team finally fired the players not the manager, and I love the paradigm smashing results.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

though lester should have been traded also

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they absolutely made the right move with the Dodgers trade.  As to whether it was for the sake of a buck, I think that will be better judged based on what they do going forward.

And I'll be looking out for what you say if the front office dithers and doesn't anything more constructive than they did last winter.  As you know painfully by now, I have absolutely no confidence in Cherington at all.  To me he is a risk averse second rater who has trouble making decisions.  That story in SI this week has hinted strongly that he had just about NOTHING to do with that big trade except sit by and applaud on cue.  If we have Cook and Morales as our starters next season, if Loneybaloney is our first baseman, and if we don't resign Ross and add a power hitter to the mix I will be looking forward to you joining me in denouncing what has become a total inept front office. There should be no room for pollyannas,  rumpswabs and ball washers on this board because the evidence will be clear.

OTOH, if suddenly we see a different Cherington and some real progress is made towards upgrading our team, a mea culpa will be totally in order and it will be coming forthwith.  As I've seen this year there is no real diminant team in the AL East and if we play our cards right we could actally make a big comeback next season.......but some real changes have to be made.

[/QUOTE]

"  That story in SI this week has hinted strongly that he had just about NOTHING to do with that big trade except sit by and applaud on cue.  "

cmon sea, you had to know that when the trade went down. 
    bc i not the decisionmaker on much smaller scale decisons (and teh general course of bosox operations), never mind this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And I'll be looking out for what you say if the front office dithers and doesn't anything more constructive than they did last winter.  As you know painfully by now, I have absolutely no confidence in Cherington at all.  To me he is a risk averse second rater who has trouble making decisions.  That story in SI this week has hinted strongly that he had just about NOTHING to do with that big trade except sit by and applaud on cue.  If we have Cook and Morales as our starters next season, if Loneybaloney is our first baseman, and if we don't resign Ross and add a power hitter to the mix I will be looking forward to you joining me in denouncing what has become a total inept front office. There should be no room for pollyannas,  rumpswabs and ball washers on this board because the evidence will be clear.

OTOH, if suddenly we see a different Cherington and some real progress is made towards upgrading our team, a mea culpa will be totally in order and it will be coming forthwith.  As I've seen this year there is no real diminant team in the AL East and if we play our cards right we could actally make a big comeback next season.......but some real changes have to be made.

[/QUOTE]

tampa is in teh hunt every year with a tiny payroll.
    and now baltimire.
    soemone in those orgs knows what they are doing, with much less resources.
    this org never did it with "smarts" (even the champinships).
    now would be a good time ot change that.
    (nto that i expect that change)
    more pr, catering to the $ (and not baseball first) and LL hands controlling everything 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i disagree. you dump albatrosses as soon as possible.
    fortunately for the SOX, the dodgers' FO is as stupid as theo. 
    cherry should get executive of the year for being able to unload that pile of cowpies.

[/QUOTE]

they are not stupid... if youve read my [osts on teh issue they are printing money. it has no meaning. they get one good ballplyare that will put a ton of latinas(os) in teh seats and teh publicity that comes with such a huge deal. the bigger the better (a "bad" deal is irrelevent). more media commenting on it, the bigger the tv contract they are going to get, which will be in the billions. (note the dodgers were bought by a 125 billion dollar entity and overbid the nearest bidder by 500 million. money has no meaning to them. they are going to rake big $ and make the yankees look poor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i disagree. you dump albatrosses as soon as possible.
    fortunately for the SOX, the dodgers' FO is as stupid as theo. 
    cherry should get executive of the year for being able to unload that pile of cowpies.

[/QUOTE]

they are not stupid... if youve read my [osts on teh issue they are printing money. it has no meaning. they get one good ballplyare that will put a ton of latinas(os) in teh seats and teh publicity that comes with such a huge deal. the bigger the better (a "bad" deal is irrelevent). more media commenting on it, the bigger the tv contract they are going to get, which will be in the billions. (note the dodgers were bought by a 125 billion dollar entity and overbid the nearest bidder by 500 million. money has no meaning to them. they are going to rake big $ and make the yankees look poor.

[/QUOTE]

They are going to miss the playoffs, just like the yanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

bump

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The fans are not in an uproar.  The fans have slipped into boredom and indifference with the red Sox.

It is magnified by what the Patriots bring to the table.

Believe me, indifference is way more effective in getting the owners to act

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The owners acted... like no other owner in the history of sports.

We should celebrate the breaking of the old paradigm: "You can't fire the players".

Sections
Shortcuts