Fantasy Baseball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball

Nope, just do research on yahoo Ice. They have pretty much whatever I need. I had a .570 winning % and still 30 games behind Notin. Just picked up Aceves for a spot start and that kid from the Mets to spot start tomorrow.

I had to put Anibal Sanchez on the DL for shoulder problems. Thats why I didnt want the Sox to go get him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

So I pick up Aceves for todays start and now Morales looks like he was chosen at the last minute? Did they trade Aceves or just decide on Morales for some reason?

EDIT: No change. Just appeared like Morales was doing the starters routine of going to the BP and sitiing with the catcher talking about things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Kind of stinks in the league when people drop out.........they have kept players that otherwise  would have been good on the active teams rosters. Makes you wonder why they go through the trouble of creating a team and signing up. Some of them had a better draft then me and if were just active in the league..might be winning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

[QUOTE]

That Machado trade was dumb on my part...I didn't think he would crush like this

Neither did I.  I just figured I was hampered with my only 3B-eligible player as Jedd Gyorko...

[/QUOTE]

He was on waivers in my other league.  I had Youk, and this was pretty early, so I didn't feel an immediate need to move him.  Moved Youk before he collapsed, but still needed a 3B.  I made several moves before I wound up with Wright, but that would've been an awesome pickup for nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

anybody follow any particular sites to stay on top of their moves in the fantasy league? Just wondering.......don't have to give up any secrets.....

Yahoo is not bad for data.  I try to figure out how people have done over their past 7/14/30 days to see if they are trending up or down.  And there seems to be more decent pitching available on waivers than hitting.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

[QUOTE]

anybody follow any particular sites to stay on top of their moves in the fantasy league? Just wondering.......don't have to give up any secrets.....

Yahoo is not bad for data.  I try to figure out how people have done over their past 7/14/30 days to see if they are trending up or down.  And there seems to be more decent pitching available on waivers than hitting.

[/QUOTE]

Yahoo is OK if you completely ignore the nonsensical rankings.

I had Prado as my SS in my other league and wanted to upgrade . One other guy had Asdrubal Cabrera and Desmond.   I figured I could deal.  Then I looked at their numbers.  

They were virtually identical except Cabrera had 10 more RBIs.  Yet Cabrera was ranked 370 places higher!

There are only 750 players in MLB!  Yahoo was saying that nearly ONE HALF of all of MLB fell into that 10 RBI span..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

south you know u would still make the play-offs as it stands now.... 

Yeah, I know. I guess I should just be happy being 30 games behind notin. Im in the wrong division.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

south you know u would still make the play-offs as it stands now.... 

Yeah, I know. I guess I should just be happy being 30 games behind notin. Im in the wrong division.

[/QUOTE]

Notin is the Verlander to our 2011 John Lackey....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Wait.  Is this a keeper league??

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think I am scaring them off.  

I will lighten up and have my team hold back over the next couple of weeks....

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

are any of those guys posting right now?