Fantasy Baseball Info: bostondotcom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP!:
    [QUOTE]This is bull!  I resign!  lol.... 10th pick... I will not get my AGon has planned, blast!!!!!!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

We can discuss he a trade. You have the 10th pick and I can live with that. Sweeten the deal here and lets see what we can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol. No thanks. I lead my leagues every year in trades but I think Ill auto draft (12 hour time difference here) and then make whatever trades I can. I have no shot at getting Cabrera now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

March Madness is coming up. Will the BDC forum be starting a pool for that also?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 17 signed up, room for 3 more MAX!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 17 signed up, room for 3 more MAX!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 17 signed up, room for 3 more MAX! : Very good point. To people not familiar with Yahoo...their pre-rankings are OK, but some of them will downright baffle you. It's a good idea to give it a quick glance and at least move people you like UP the board so you don't forget about them. You think it won't happen, but there will be 100 players taken at the BEGINNING of round 5. At that point, there may be little difference between 101 and 140. Even less after another 100 players go.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

One of the nice things of having 18 people in the league is, in a 10-team league, you're mostly finished after 200 players have been drafted.  With 18, you need to go through 360 players to get to the same point.  You be using guys picked #270 everyday.  It's a nice challenge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

and to reiterate with -16 teams nearly everyone gets a stacked team and nobody bothers to be creative with trades... now we will all have to make moves via trade if we want to win, and of course pay strict attention to the waiver wire.

Dragon are you going to drop one of the utility positions? I hope so but up to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : Shoot, a washington woulda gotten it done. Fear not, 21 comes very fast! That's the beauty of a snake draft, it all balances out, it's about who falls, who reaches, and who gets lucky...or unlucky.

Having the wrap around picks is usually nice.  Sometimes draft kind of veer off in one direction or another, and maybe SPs aren't being picked.  So a couple fall for a couple of rounds, you pick them B2B, and that sets a run with other teams not wanting to be caught short.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I'm going Ty Wiggington for my 1st round pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

How does the pick trading work?  I'd be willing to listen on trading out of the 1st round (#15).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]How does the pick trading work?  I'd be willing to listen on trading out of the 1st round (#15).
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Do you want the 1st pick in the draft? If you do I will swap 1st round picks with you and accept your 2nd round pick for my 6th round pick.

Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Have a fun year guys! I'm a huge fan of fantasy sports, and have many an NBA, NFL, and MLB season under my belt. It's good clean fun, and very helpful in keeping fans abreast of talent on teams they may not normally follow closely. May your speculative dice rolls all work out, and your studs steer clear of the injury bug all season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Trading picks works like anything else, just let me know, the commish has to adjust the pick order. At the end of the day, all teams must have the same amount of picks.

ROSTERS:

Thanks for reminding me, IM PLANNING TO DROP 1 UTIL AND 1 SP. That will cut us from 23 overall to 21 leaving 1 UTIL, and 4 SP. With 4 SP slots per week, thats a guaranteed 72 unique starting pitchers per week without any daily changes, going to the 3rd starter on almost half the MLB teams, that seems sufficient.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is a great idea Commish

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Trading picks works like anything else, just let me know, the commish has to adjust the pick order. At the end of the day, all teams must have the same amount of picks. ROSTERS: Thanks for reminding me, IM PLANNING TO DROP 1 UTIL AND 1 SP. That will cut us from 23 overall to 21 leaving 1 UTIL, and 4 SP. With 4 SP slots per week, thats a guaranteed 72 unique starting pitchers per week without any daily changes, going to the 3rd starter on almost half the MLB teams, that seems sufficient.
    Commish,
    Just so I make sure I understand, are our settings going to be that each team may only have four starting pitchers per week? If so, are you going to be able to monitor that, insuring that an Owner does not stream starters and go over four in any one week? I ask because I have been in ESPN leagues whereby there were strict starting pitcher limits but the ESPN software does not automatically stop the streaming. Now having said all that, I would suggest there be no limit to the number of starting pitchers in any one week, as we are a daily update league and some owners may want to focus on pitching categories rather than hitting. Please know that either way, I am way okay with whatever the settings are, as we all are under the same rules.
    Also, I just went over the settings again and noticed in the pitching scoring categories that Holds are not included. Is that category something we might consider? It obviously would add huge value to the 7th and 8th inning guys and allow owners who missed out on closers and opportunity to maximize holds. Again, I am way okay if Holds are or are not included.
    Very much looking forward to this league. Should be a lot a fun and create some great BDC banter!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey, for some reason, I couldn't reply to the email message that was going around.  Is there really the possibility of changing the draft date?  I am down in Ft. Meyers on the 25th for some Spring Training action and it is gonna be really hard for me to draft that day.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, for some reason, I couldn't reply to the email message that was going around.  Is there really the possibility of changing the draft date?  I am down in Ft. Meyers on the 25th for some Spring Training action and it is gonna be really hard for me to draft that day.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

SpaceAce - you want me to draft for you. I know how much you want your roster filled with Pirate and Met players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : SpaceAce - you want me to draft for you. I know how much you want your roster filled with Pirate and Met players.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey, a predominantly Buc roster might not be so bad.  Those whipper snappers are gonna make some noise.  The Mets would be my sticking point.  I mean, are they still going to be a franchise by opening day?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : Hey, a predominantly Buc roster might not be so bad.  Those whipper snappers are gonna make some noise.  The Mets would be my sticking point.  I mean, are they still going to be a franchise by opening day?
    I agree, especially A.J. Burnett  Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : I agree, especially A.J. Burnett 
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Burnett will have to wear a pirate eye patch when he gets back.  That would be cool.  He could be the mascot on his off-days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : I wonder if Burnett will have to wear a pirate eye patch when he gets back.  That would be cool.  He could be the mascot on his off-days.
    Okay, that is very funny....in fact it could be possible as he rehabs, if he is like Lackey, he will be standing on the dugout steps literally with an eye patch on. Epic stuff...might be the Bucs 2013 Media Guide front cover picture.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

There is no limit to SP innings. The active roster will be:

SP
    SP
    SP
    SP
    P
    P

On any given day, you could potentially run 6 starters out there because this is a daily league. You can also leave spots empty if you have nobody going, and find it not worth making a waiver move. And yes, in a 7 game week, you could, if you wanted, get 42 starts (6 starts per day x 7 days).

DRAFT DATE:

I have no problem moving it, it's tough to get a cumulative list of who's planning to auto draft, and what dates work. I was actually think it makes sense to move it up a week or so. That would give teams a little more than a few days to consider trades before the season starts.

It's close either way. I'm open to suggestions, and I'll keep the league message board abreast of the situtation...let's see if that sneaks by the word filter...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, for some reason, I couldn't reply to the email message that was going around.  Is there really the possibility of changing the draft date?  I am down in Ft. Meyers on the 25th for some Spring Training action and it is gonna be really hard for me to draft that day.  

It's not an email message, you just get an email sent to you whenever something is changed, a post is made, or someone offers a trade to you. It's a computer generated thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : It's not an email message, you just get an email sent to you whenever something is changed, a post is made, or someone offers a trade to you. It's a computer generated thing.

Right.  But when I clicked on 'reply to this message', which ostensibly would take me to the message board within the league, it just was a blank page, and then I couldn;t find the string anywhere ... maybe softy is right, I am a mental midget.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]There is no limit to SP innings. The active roster will be: SP SP SP SP P P On any given day, you could potentially run 6 starters out there because this is a daily league. You can also leave spots empty if you have nobody going, and find it not worth making a waiver move. And yes, in a 7 game week, you could, if you wanted, get 42 starts (6 starts per day x 7 days). DRAFT DATE: I have no problem moving it, it's tough to get a cumulative list of who's planning to auto draft, and what dates work. I was actually think it makes sense to move it up a week or so. That would give teams a little more than a few days to consider trades before the season starts. It's close either way. I'm open to suggestions, and I'll keep the league message board abreast of the situtation...let's see if that sneaks by the word filter...

TO correct my own mistake, the pitching rosters now are:

SP
    SP
    SP
    SP
    RP
    RP
    P

So that leaves potential for 5 starters on a given day, not 6. And 35 over the course of a week, not 42. Oops.

Rosters are updated to reflect one less UTIL and SP. Draft now has 21 rounds, not 23.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : Right.  But when I clicked on 'reply to this message', which ostensibly would take me to the message board within the league, it just was a blank page, and then I couldn;t find the string anywhere ... maybe softy is right, I am a mental midget.

Not sure where it brought you...that was an almighty COMMISSIONER'S NOTE, replying to such notes is not possible. It's kind of like speaking directly to God.

There is a regular message board as well, kind of like the Church, where all the underlings may discuss my words.

How's that for some sports and religion!

In all seriousness, not sure if it was an embedded 'reply', or just the reply function of your email....either way. I'm seeing about moving it up a few days to give people more time to trade anyway, which should cover you as far as the 25th.

This should all be sorted out by the weekend now that we have our 18 decided.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has LOCKED! Draft order IS UP! : TO correct my own mistake, the pitching rosters now are: SP SP SP SP RP RP P So that leaves potential for 5 starters on a given day, not 6. And 35 over the course of a week, not 42. Oops. Rosters are updated to reflect one less UTIL and SP. Draft now has 21 rounds, not 23.
    Thanks, Commish...I got it on the pitching roster spots. Did you have any thoughts about considering adding Holds as a pitching scoring category?