Fantasy Baseball Info: bostondotcom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players! : If it were up for a vote, I'd certainly prefer daily.  You say weekly prevents people who have more computer access from having an advantage, I say daily rewards active teams.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

It is open to a vote. Everything is. I just threw the structure out there that I'm familiar with, especially the extended categories, 5x5 is far too limited to me.

The immediate reaction seems to favor daily. And yes, that's daily as far as lineup changes, it is a head-to-head league, and the week runs monday-sunday for scoring. I do not intend to put roster move limits, nor do I intend to use games played, or innings pitched caps either, for the week, or season. If you want to cycle guys daily, and risk losing someone, I see no problem with that/ It's the whole risk/reward thing. Guys that are very aggressive on the waiver wire usually end up with a few diamonds in the rough, but also cut a few guys before they really hit their stride (Bumgarner was a perfect example of this last year, HORRIBLE start after being a mid-late round pick, and really strung together a solid season, I picked him up beginning of May and rode him form about June on).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 14 signed up, room for 6 more MAX!

More on draft pick trading, as descibed by yahoo:

"Increase the level of strategic competition in your league by allowing managers to trade draft picks for next year’s draft. When this setting is enabled, managers can trade draft picks in any round for players and/or other draft picks. Once a trade involving a draft pick is made, this setting cannot be disabled. Draft pick trading is not available for auction draft leagues."

I can not figure out if you can do it strictly for picks THIS YEAR, it's kind of unclear.

I think if, say, I wanted Andrew Bailey, and he went 4 picks ahead of me, I'm thinking I could trade a few picks in THIS draft for him, or a player and a pick. That's how I take it, but we won't know until the teams are locked in. I can then throw everyone's name in a hat and figure out the order if everyone agrees (Yahoo will randomize it, but only 30 mins before the draft starts).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'd like to see how it works.  Once the league is set, can we start offering dratft pick trades even before the order?

If so, dragon - my second and third for your 1st and 4th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am okay with whatever u all decide... what notin is proposing though sounds like something that works best with a carry-over league. Example:  I trade Cliff Lee for your #2 draft spot.

It would be great if we can get through this year and maybe turn it into a league where we can keep 6 to 8 players for 2013.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 14 signed up, room for 6 more MAX!:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see how it works.  Once the league is set, can we start offering dratft pick trades even before the order? If so, dragon - my second and third for your 1st and 4th.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin,
    I think we can sign up for some mock drafts to see how it works, and I'm hoping trading draft picks will be in effect for those mocks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Champion's Prize = Leftover Tomato Plant from Rod Beck's Bullpen Garden

2nd Place Prize = Slightly Used Copy of SK's "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon"

3rd Place Prize = Brand new Coco Crisp Jersey T-Shirt still available at Souvenir Store for $1.99

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 14 signed up, room for 6 more MAX!:
    [QUOTE]I am okay with whatever u all decide... what notin is proposing though sounds like something that works best with a carry-over league. Example:  I trade Cliff Lee for your #2 draft spot. It would be great if we can get through this year and maybe turn it into a league where we can keep 6 to 8 players for 2013.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I'd be on board with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Champion's Prize = Leftover Tomato Plant from Rod Beck's Bullpen Garden 2nd Place Prize = Slightly Used Copy of SK's "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" 3rd Place Prize = Brand new Coco Crisp Jersey T-Shirt still available at Souvenir Store for $1.99
    Posted by cglassanos[/QUOTE]

As luck would have it, I have the pop-up book version of this! I'd be willing to donate it to the league. And for some reason, it being a pop-up book seems oddly appropriate for this league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 14 signed up, room for 6 more MAX! : As luck would have it, I have the pop-up book version of this! I'd be willing to donate it to the league. And for some reason, it being a pop-up book seems oddly appropriate for this league.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

That is fuggin hilarious!  I approve!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The trading of draft picks should be held back until it is decided that the league will go forward into the following season and then those teams in the hunt for first place can make draft picks & PTBN after a certain date during the season.

JMO. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]The trading of draft picks should be held back until it is decided that the league will go forward into the following season and then those teams in the hunt for first place can make draft picks & PTBN after a certain date during the season. JMO. 
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
     +1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Love the fact that our league will be old school straight up 14 or more with no divisions.

I would be for instituting keepers for next year. Given the size of the league I would suggest definately 10 or fewer....say 5. Of course this option can be put up for a vote.

Draft pick trading will be far more of an issue next year, as I hope this league goes forward.

I would be all in for a small prize with an investment of say $5 to $10 and I very much like a "Championship Avatar" that the winner can and must use until he or she loses it to another owner. Of course it can't be BoSox related...maybe someone out there with graphic arts skills could come up with a BDC Fantasy Championship logo for use???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I changed it to a "daily" league, it seems I was the only one really in favor of weekly, where-as many were in favor of daily, and others either didn't chime in or had no preference.

I would like to plan on keeping this going from year-to-year. I'll see if that means anything different in the league settings...I don't think so, honestly. I did notice a change this year on Yahoo in general, in keeper leagues, it is now possible to transfer a team's ownership...something to keep in mind going forward that we can replace someone who no longer wants in.

And really, once people are blinded by the brilliance of the Champions Avatar, they will be CLAMORING for an opportunity to win it for themselves!

And on that end, it would be fun to desing a Stanley Cup style one, where people's names could be added year-to-year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Sounds like fun, I wish I had the time to do another league.  I will enjoy following along and see how well everyone's doing. 

Good luck to everyone.  

Rule # 1.  Don't let a Yankee fan win!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Keeper League Notes:

Nothing has to be changed this year. If enough of us decide to carry-over, there are a few differences in setting up the league (assigning keeper players for the most part), but otherwise it is the same.

Upon further reading, I definitely think trading draft picks for this year alone is allowed. No doubt about it, I absolutely think so hahaha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Funny he's not involved.  Do you think it's his misanthropy or arrogance that keeps him from joining in?  Maybe it's his high-powered job as a lawyer....where he only has 4 hours/working day to post here.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Probably his self-esteem.

I'll occasionally offer to make a tag bet in here.  Usually in response to a ridiculous opinion.  Typically, the bet is not accepted because no one bets against their own interest, and this mostly undermines that opinion.

Likewise, those most confident in their opinion will join a league like this to prove their superiority.  For all the talk, my guess is Softy understands where he is in the food chain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 16 signed up, room for 4 more MAX!

Draft is currently slated for 3/26: 8:30pm.

Am I getting closer to zeroing in on that damn submarine?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 16 signed up, room for 4 more MAX!:
    [QUOTE]Draft is currently slated for 3/26: 8:30pm. Am I getting closer to zeroing in on that damn submarine?

Works for me - here's hoping it works for everyone else, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 16 signed up, room for 4 more MAX!:
    [QUOTE]Draft is currently slated for 3/26: 8:30pm. Am I getting closer to zeroing in on that damn submarine?

That's fine with me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

16, that number would be just fine....if someone would just post #120 I could repost the sign in information at the top of page 7 one last time...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

How convenient!

Here's the league info:
    league ID: 83222
    password: redsox

4 slots left as I'm typing this.

Live Draft - 3/26: 8:30pm

19 stat categories total, 10 hitter/9 pitcher

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I will be on vacation.

So I guess I'll just autodraft and make lots and lots of trades...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! 16 signed up, room for 4 more MAX! : I will be on vacation. So I guess I'll just autodraft and make lots and lots of trades...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

same here.. but no worries

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I will reserve my first trade offer for you, since there is a good chance we are both going to have imbalanced teams...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yes, yahoo...I somehow forgot to mention that...again haha.

The draft HAS to be completed by the 28th, I'm open to other suggestions. I'd like to maximize the number of people that can be present for the draft.