Fantasy Baseball Info: bostondotcom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!:
    In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : notin I always push for trades, happy to make some with you if they make sense. If there are only 12 teams or less everyone gets so stacked they never make a move other than off waivers... 16 teams od more will force someone to have to trade a key player to fill a need. Look forward to it.
    Posted by BurritoT

Agree with Burrito - if there is no trade action, I tend to lose focus and interest very quickly.

Side bar - I remember back in the 80's before Yahoo and ESPN, we used to run fantasy leagues with stats gathered from the Wednesday edition of USA Today. League fees of $50 and transaction fees of $2.00. The only free transaction was DL moves. And come Sept. 1, we could start making transactions which included your draft picks for the following year along with players. (Trade me Ricky Henderson now, and I will give you Viola and Clemens next year, plus swap my 1st round pick for your 3rd round pick). This was a way for a last place team to strengthen up for the following year. We would save ten players and redraft the other 15 positions. It was a lot of fun. And since we did all calculations, we really learned the whole of MLB.

The final $ total was collected by the first, 2nd & 3rd place finishers and the same 10 guys remained in the league for 10 years.  Memories!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Draft now scheduled for Monday - 3/26, 11:00am. I like 12 team leagues, personally. I understand the dislike for "all star" teams, but everyone has the same crop to pick from, so all teams should be pretty equal, however loaded or not. The one thing I do not like about deeper leagues is 1 injury to a top player can absolutely cripple a team when there is nobody decent to pick up. I enjoy making tough decisions, looking like a genius sometimes, and a total FOOL others. In the flip, of the flipside though, deeper leagues DEFINITELY encourage trades, wchich are a fun part of fantasy elagues and can be totally lacking in 10/12 team leagues. We'll see how it goes, I don't like the whole division thing either, it's not really neccessary, some people just like it to mimic the real-life setup. I prefer one league, top to bottom, the best get into the playoffs, no bs. I will concede to majority however on all fronts.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I too love the old school one division go for it with say the top 4 to 6 making the playoffs. Even scheduling as well is preferred if possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Fantasy baseball minds actually think they have a clue, which is a fantasy.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Softlaw, you above anyone know this to be true.Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players!

For identification purposes it would be great if everyone used a team name that clearly identifies each of us based on our BDC screen name. So if Softlaw joins, his could be say....SoftlawSoftyHankWilliamsHankWilliamsJr or something like that. Or if Babe joins, unfortuneately there is not enough room in the Team Name cell to accomodate the....at least 250+ variations he has run with the past few years, so Babe would have to be it. UticaUticaClubLowelllFt.Meade would also be another nice team name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Miami Juice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Enuff z' Nuff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players!:
    Is it to late to sign up?
    Posted by RSF4Life234

Not at all.

Log in info is somewhere here. I think page 2, not really sure...but I figure if someone is willing to dig it up, they're more likely to be active!

And I'm lazy.

I remember those old fantasy days, basketball was king for me then, pouring over box scores daily, tallying up P-A-R for the likes of Gant Hill, Michael Jordan, Barkley...Grant Hill, one of the best players I'd ever seen, and few will remember what a truly great talent he was. Think Jason Kidd, but half a foot taller and much better scoring.

I've always been interested in keeper leagues, but my regular group of friends were never really interested.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

I'm in, and I love to trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I think, in order to play fantasy baseball, you have to know all the players on other teams. So, I'm out. lol  Enjoy, though!
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    hey Kim, don't let that throw you, once you have your roster, you click on the player and their numbers are always right there for you...more than anything you pretty much just check to see when you have a guy pitching, offensively you ride your starters and work your bench in a couple days a week or when a guy gets hurt...give it a shot, trust me even as a first-timer you wind up having fun because it's with a bunch of people you know..at least think about it..:-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

12 logged on! That's good news.

I expanded it to the max number of teams; 20. We'll see how close we get, I think it should stay one huge division either way.

One very important note: This is set as a WEEKLY league. Again, personal preference, but this tends to balance it out so people with more access to a computer don't get an advantage over others. Everyone is susceptible to guys getting hurt on a Monday, and losing them for the week. It also forces some decisions when guys are "day to day" or due to come back mid-week from an injury.

Again, I'm open to any and all suggestions, this is not MY league, I'm really looking forward to it though. It should be a fun distraction from all things Sox during the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

12 logged on! That's good news. I expanded it to the max number of teams; 20. We'll see how close we get, I think it should stay one huge division either way. One very important note: This is set as a WEEKLY league. Again, personal preference, but this tends to balance it out so people with more access to a computer don't get an advantage over others. Everyone is susceptible to guys getting hurt on a Monday, and losing them for the week. It also forces some decisions when guys are "day to day" or due to come back mid-week from an injury. Again, I'm open to any and all suggestions, this is not MY league, I'm really looking forward to it though. It should be a fun distraction from all things Sox during the season.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

It might not be your league, but I think you would make a fine commissioner.  Now please hire an independent investigator into the Miami Juice. I think they are planning on roiding up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

12 logged on! That's good news. I expanded it to the max number of teams; 20. We'll see how close we get, I think it should stay one huge division either way. One very important note: This is set as a WEEKLY league. Again, personal preference, but this tends to balance it out so people with more access to a computer don't get an advantage over others. Everyone is susceptible to guys getting hurt on a Monday, and losing them for the week. It also forces some decisions when guys are "day to day" or due to come back mid-week from an injury. Again, I'm open to any and all suggestions, this is not MY league, I'm really looking forward to it though. It should be a fun distraction from all things Sox during the season.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

If it were up for a vote, I'd certainly prefer daily.  You say weekly prevents people who have more computer access from having an advantage, I say daily rewards active teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players! : If it were up for a vote, I'd certainly prefer daily.  You say weekly prevents people who have more computer access from having an advantage, I say daily rewards active teams.
    Posted by JB-3

I agree. And, as I am in all my other fantasy leagues which are daily, I plan on being very active. One note, those that don't have access to a computer daily would not be on this board posting...No? Daily = Activity Having said that, whatever the majority or YOU as the Commish works for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I'm in. 

To whom do I send my personal email to, to join?  I wouldn't mind a small wager on the season for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. 

I love auction-style drafts too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No email needed, log in information is in the thread.

If more people prefer daily, I'm ok with that. I actually raked in 1600 in a daily league last year...but I still prefer weekly lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players! : It might not be your league, but I think you would make a fine commissioner.  Now please hire an independent investigator into the Miami Juice. I think they are planning on roiding up.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I can't comment on that situation until the investigation is over. We, as a league, are working dilligently to provide total transparency.

Sanctions for violations will be severe, up to and possibly including a thread dedicated to exposing the truth! What could POSSIBLY be worse than that!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's the league info: league ID: 83222 password: redsox The draft can be moved, we'll try to get a time that works for all of us. It's at 10 right now, would everyone else be ok if we didn't get anyone else? I'm still planning on leaving it open for a while. To avoid confusion, please use your screennames for the team names, that way we know where to direct our sh!t talking.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Had a non-lazy moment, they're fleeting.

Yahoo for those that don't already know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1.  No auction draft.  I figure I might not be available for a live draft as it is, unless you move it closer, and probably later.

2.  I prefer weekly scoring.  As it is we have unlimited transactions per week, so that in itself promotes activity.  And it lets you bring in numerous SP every day to play catch up - or to bury yourself completely.  (Insert diabolical laugh here.)

4. How does the draft pick trade option work?  I'd make offers today if I could figure it out.  Or can you only do that during the draft?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I thought maybe Orlando Juice than my team hat would say "OJ"... and yes we are roiding up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

For trading draft picks:

Once we have a set number of teams, I believe that will open up other options. At the very least I can use commissioner tools to customize the draft order, round by round.

If anyone wants to trade, I would hold people to anything they agree to here. It all kind of hinges on finalizing the number and teams entering. It's tough to trade for a pick when nobody knows where they are slotted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I thought maybe Orlando Juice than my team hat would say " OJ "... and yes we are roiding up.
    Posted by BurritoT

Roiding up in the fantasy world...

You have a T1 connection!?

(T1 is a much faster internet connsction that cable or DSL...now I'll go put my pocket protector back on, and reapply some white tape between the eyes of my glasses)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

1.  No auction draft.  I figure I might not be available for a live draft as it is, unless you move it closer, and probably later. 2.  I prefer weekly scoring.  As it is we have unlimited transactions per week, so that in itself promotes activity.  And it lets you bring in numerous SP every day to play catch up - or to bury yourself completely.  (Insert diabolical laugh here.) 4. How does the draft pick trade option work?  I'd make offers today if I could figure it out.  Or can you only do that during the draft?
    Posted by notin

Yes, scoring would be weekly, but Dragon was talking about setting lineups weekly as well, which limits one's ability to play catchup.  I'm not sure what limits are in place for weekly transactions, but I'm fine with whatever.

Side note:  What happened to your 3rd point Notin?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey, is there a way we can all pitch in for a championship prize, or are we just playing for board bragging rights and pride?  I was thinking something fun like a Popeye's Family Meal and a pony keg of Bud Lite ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm all for throwing in a few sheckles for a champions prize.

I'd vote to pitch in and buy some ridiculous trophy that could go to the winner, and see if we can do it again next year...passing it from weiner to weiner. If I won it, a picture of it would then become my avatar for the year hahaha.

Or maybe something Sox themed, so if j-eric does win, it'd be bitter-sweet?

I think we'd all be mature and accountable enough to be good for 5-15 bucks. Well, accountable enough at least, I'm not venturing far enough to call myself 'mature'.

Will BDC throw in a shirt or something??? No??? Just askin...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

We're up to 14 now, I think that crosses the threshold to keeping most here happy. At this point, I'm kind of hoping for 20, I've never been in a league that big and it'd offer something very new.

Just another reminder, please tie in your team name to your BDC name.

Boston American and Pesky Pole Cats are not immediately reckognizable to me. Or is there a pesky_pole here? I'm not sure.

I posted a note there about it as well, this is publicly viewable as well, I'd like anyone creepers that want to check it out to be able to easily identify us.

Sections
Shortcuts