Fantasy Baseball Info: bostondotcom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!:
    [QUOTE]Sign me up if there is still room. Sounds like a lot of fun. Never done a Yahoo League, been in several ESPN and one Fantrax.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

i think yahoo is the best..but that's just me...never did fantrax.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I could try.  When are you starting?  Also, head to head?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I think, in order to play fantasy baseball, you have to know all the players on other teams. So, I'm out. lol  Enjoy, though!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Actually, you don't.  They all get ranked and info is provided quite readily...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Head to head is what I was planning on.

joebreidey and notin make 10.

Figuring on having the draft anytime in March, half way through or so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : There were a total of 173 CGs last year out of approximately 5,000 games, but if that's what you want...
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

That is right Joe!  Why would I want to draft Roy Halliday right out of the gate if his 10 complete games are going to be useless to me.  The point is that if you have a pitcher who throws a few of them why not be rewarded for that? 

If we have a lot of teams in the league only 3 or 4 of us will have 45+ homer guys on the team, is that unfair?  Its rare that players hit 45+ homers in a season, I would guess there were only 5 of them..... 

Lets say no one on my team hits more than 30 homers but you have Pujols on your team, golly gee that ain't fair Joe. Maybe we should not count homers over 45 as there are so few of those types of players.

I look forward to playing you this season!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : i think yahoo is the best..but that's just me...never did fantrax.
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]
    Raider, actually Fantrax is not very inutitive at all. Glad we are not using that one. I am sure Yahoo will be just fine. Let the games begin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's the league info:

league ID: 83222
    password: redsox

The draft can be moved, we'll try to get a time that works for all of us.

It's at 10 right now, would everyone else be ok if we didn't get anyone else? I'm still planning on leaving it open for a while.

To avoid confusion, please use your screennames for the team names, that way we know where to direct our sh!t talking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

oh, and as mentioned, thats on yahoo, if anyone has any problems, just ask, it's pretty simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am in. Thanks for CG's. I want to only ask - 14 teams is okay - but if you do allow more it helps so that people will make more trades because we won;t all have drafted a ton of all*stars. 14 is still okay just asking you remain open to say 16 teams or even more - if people want to play.

Miami Juice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Let's get 30 teams so every single MLB  player is invovled

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was in a 20 team league - other than 5 or 6 inactives the rosters were balanced. Hopefully because we all run into each other here on the forum we will all feel obligated to stick with our team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

^ That's my hope, nothing kills a league like inactivity.

I'm definitely open to more teams, the more the merrier! If it did get to 16+ I would probably trim the rosters a little, maybe 1 less UTIL and SP.

Are people here so far OK with waiting to mid-to-late-March for the draft? I know that's still a few weeks away, but it's better to let spring training injuries sort themselves out before someone gets s c r e w e d when their first pick gets hurt early-spring.

I'll shamelessly bump this to the top every other day or so to see if we can get more interest as Spring Training really gets going.

As it stands now, it looks like 10x9 for the stats after I add both CG and OPS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If you get a lot of teams I am for trimming the extra utility and SP... I hate to give you a list of things as you are the idea man, and the man in charge. Lets see if we can get a lot of people in. Thanks for taking charge on this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]You're in Raider, I was hoping for a few fringe posters. Kim, yeah kinda, but there is a board full of people to ask for suggestions. It's all in good fun, either way. 7.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

And the board full of people would be my competitors, right? I just don't think I have enough knowledge to play. Those guys would just talk me into anything. But it does sounds like fun. Maybe next year. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Actually, you don't.  They all get ranked and info is provided quite readily...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

And posters with your intelligence could probably read through all of the stats and make good judgements. Therein lies the difference between you and I when it comes to baseball. I'm definitely more of an emotional fan. Other than that, I think we're exactly the same. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : And posters with your intelligence could probably read through all of the stats and make good judgements. Therein lies the difference between you and I when it comes to baseball. I'm definitely more of an emotional fan. Other than that, I think we're exactly the same. :)
    Not sure if you might be able to do this, I know on ESPN Fantasy Baseball you could...that is share ownership with another person. In that way, it would allow you to share thoughts with possibly a more experienced Fantasy Player and then at some point move on to sole Ownership? Either way Kim, the best way to learn is to participate!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Not sure if you might be able to do this, I know on ESPN Fantasy Baseball you could...that is share ownership with another person. In that way, it would allow you to share thoughts with possibly a more experienced Fantasy Player and then at some point move on to sole Ownership? Either way Kim, the best way to learn is to participate!
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

And I would drive that person crazy with "oh, no, don't trade him, he's a great guy". Or, "I like him, he did a beautiful thing for that player when he helped him out." FTR I liked that guy who got a lot of grief because he consoled a player on the opposing team after making a really bad play when he got to first base. You see what I mean?

I couldn't bring that drama to someone else in good conscience. I think when I know more about the other players from being on a sports board, I'd be curious to see how my logic works out against the others. My team would definitely be about team chemistry as all my players would probably wind up as great guys who looked out for each other. If I won, I'd be the new version of Billy Beane. lol

My team would have heart, drive and the desire to win, not only for themselves, but for their teammates. That, IMO, is what kept the 2004 team going being down 3-0 in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Don't feel bad about sharing ideas, it's not MY league, I just was anxious to start one.

It IS possible to share ownership, for what it's worth.

Also:

The league is publicly viewable so anyone here can mock any/all of us. I hope that's not a problem.

For all you other fantasy geeks (such as myself), you can now trade draft picks. It's a new feature, no idea how it works. The order would obviously have to be set ahead of time. But this intrigues me...I'll offer MY first for YOUR second and third right now! hahaha.

Seriously though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]I think, in order to play fantasy baseball, you have to know all the players on other teams. So, I'm out. lol  Enjoy, though!

Not necessarily, Kim. It's a great way to learn about other teams and other players. Depends on how supportive everyone else could be, though.

But don't say no out of hand, IMO. Just think about it. Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]^ That's my hope, nothing kills a league like inactivity. I'm definitely open to more teams, the more the merrier! If it did get to 16+ I would probably trim the rosters a little, maybe 1 less UTIL and SP. Are people here so far OK with waiting to mid-to-late-March for the draft? I know that's still a few weeks away, but it's better to let spring training injuries sort themselves out before someone gets s c r e w e d when their first pick gets hurt early-spring. I'll shamelessly bump this to the top every other day or so to see if we can get more interest as Spring Training really gets going. As it stands now, it looks like 10x9 for the stats after I add both CG and OPS.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Any chance we could move the draft either up before the 17th or push it out at least a day later?  I'm going to be travelling the 17th - 25th and I'm going to be flying when the draft is scheduled right now.

I could probably make something work while travelling, I'm just not sure how well my new baby will cooperate with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I plan to change it, you just HAVE to choose something when setting up the league. It should be easy enough to work around that.

Enjoy the cub! I wouldn't expect her to accomodate much! I have one too, she'll be 3 in August....knows nothing but Red Sox failure...such an appropriate beginning to the 4th generation of Sox fans hahaha.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Any chance we could move the draft either up before the 16th or push it out at least a day later?  I'm going to be travelling the 16th - 25th and I'm going to be flying when the draft is scheduled right now. I could probably make something work while travelling, I'm just not sure how well my new baby will cooperate with me.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    I too would rather have the draft on the 26th, but will do whatever other members require.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : And the board full of people would be my competitors, right? I just don't think I have enough knowledge to play. Those guys would just talk me into anything. But it does sounds like fun. Maybe next year. :)

Kim - all you have to do is read through the weekly stat sheets as the season progresses. You may need to review the last couple of years so you have a reasonable idea as to how you want to draft your players.

I have never done the Yahoo league. Does the system show all available players at the time of the draft and their rankings from last year?

Are we going to do just an AL league or are we combining leagues. If combining, we need more teams. If just the AL, then 10 -12 teams is good. I hate all-star teams in fantasy baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There used to be a way to bookmark threads but either it has disappeared or the not smoking has affected my sight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I would love to play if there was room!

Sections
Shortcuts