Fantasy Baseball Info: bostondotcom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!

The yahoo draft shows all available, sortable by overall rank, or position.

You can then further sort by: yahoo rank, your rank (if you decide to prerank), average draft position (yahoo-wide), or any stat that we've chosen for the league - those stats showing last years totals, or this year's projections.

Confused? I'm sure there's even more I'm forgetting, it's very extensive.

If you go to our league home page, there is a link amongst all the Yahoo notes front and center that bring you to "MOCK DRAFTS". Fear not, it is not there to mock your poor drafting, it's to keep the rest of us from mocking you.

;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened!:
    [QUOTE]I would love to play if there was room!
    Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

There's plenty of room!

Just please be active, read up on the thread to get the log in and some other general information, it's hosted on Yahoo.

And to anyone else out there, it's open to anyone, don't be shy. In fact, be over-confident!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]oh, and as mentioned, thats on yahoo, if anyone has any problems, just ask, it's pretty simple.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Thanks for setting this up!

FWIW, I was in a league last year that had 16 teams in two divisions. Not sure how that worked, but it didn't seem to make much sense - except for organizing the playoffs.

10 sounds right, but I will defer to you and the public consensus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Just so you have an idea of draft scheduling dates. Friday and Sunday nights are very bad for me. So if you can help me out with that, that would be appreciated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Draft now scheduled for Monday - 3/26, 11:00am.

I like 12 team leagues, personally. I understand the dislike for "all star" teams, but everyone has the same crop to pick from, so all teams should be pretty equal, however loaded or not. The one thing I do not like about deeper leagues is 1 injury to a top player can absolutely cripple a team when there is nobody decent to pick up. I enjoy making tough decisions, looking like a genius sometimes, and a total FOOL others. In the flip, of the flipside though, deeper leagues DEFINITELY encourage trades, wchich are a fun part of fantasy elagues and can be totally lacking in 10/12 team leagues.

We'll see how it goes, I don't like the whole division thing either, it's not really neccessary, some people just like it to mimic the real-life setup. I prefer one league, top to bottom, the best get into the playoffs, no bs. I will concede to majority however on all fronts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Can some please answer my question as to bookmarking threads. My memory is short and I want to bookmark this.

FYI - Everyone in the league - if we are not friends on this site, I will be asking now. I need all the help I can get, friend or enemy Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I have no idea how to bookmark threads. I wonder if that was removed due to people abusing it?

For me, I click on my own name, and find it in my comments section, and just click on the thread title there. Maybe someone else knows a more effeciant route, but it works for me. In fact, you can bookmark your profile page to your computer memory, and go straight there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea how to bookmark threads. I wonder if that was removed due to people abusing it? For me, I click on my own name, and find it in my comments section, and just click on the thread title there. Maybe someone else knows a more effeciant route, but it works for me. In fact, you can bookmark your profile page to your computer memory, and go straight there.

Thanks Dragon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Could we move the draft to not be during normal business hours?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Can some please answer my question as to bookmarking threads. My memory is short and I want to bookmark this. FYI - Everyone in the league - if we are not friends on this site, I will be asking now. I need all the help I can get, friend or enemy
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Moi aussi, mon ami.

We'll just all survive it together!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Fantasy baseball minds actually think they have a clue, which is a fantasy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Fantasy baseball minds actually think they have a clue, which is a fantasy.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Such a pleasant fellow.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Such a pleasant fellow.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Funny he's not involved.  Do you think it's his misanthropy or arrogance that keeps him from joining in?  Maybe it's his high-powered job as a lawyer....where he only has 4 hours/working day to post here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As the draft date gets a little closer, and we have a better idea of who's in, we'll settle on a time.

I don't foresee any problems finding a time that can accomodate most, if not all, of us.

Hank, feel free to sign up and show us just how clueless we are!

Spaceman and chilli, your invovement would be welcome.

I'm not one to make personal plees, but I'd like to see moonslav and his volumes of stats join up. And, no, that's not a dig, I don't always agree with him, but I respect the always statistical responses he provides. A thinking man's poster, if you will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! Recruiting more players!

Any room left in this? I had pretty much given up on FB because none of my leagues where active but I'd love to join one that has people checking all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Dragon, I am tempted, and thank you for the invitation, but I don't think I have the time.   I certainly don't want to join then screw things up for others if I don't have the time to manage it properly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

NU - come on in! Log in info is somewhere in this thread...

Chilli - Totally understandable, thanks for being reasonable. It was mentioned before, it is possible to share a team between two people, so if you know someone more active, or between the two of you can make it work, all the better!

Last I checked 6 had already signed up on Yahoo (1 of you missed my "use your forum name" plea haha, Burrito, how about 'Miami JuiceT'?)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I joined up, didn't use my name exactly but snuck it in there :P

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Signed up, don't worry about being active, I do a pay league every year. Love fantasy baseball!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

9 teams are logged in already.

I guess I will change my avatar here to match my team avatar and name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : Any chance we could move the draft either up before the 17th or push it out at least a day later?  I'm going to be travelling the 17th - 25th and I'm going to be flying when the draft is scheduled right now. I could probably make something work while travelling, I'm just not sure how well my new baby will cooperate with me.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Well I am away on the 17th can we move it to April 1?  lol  Just kidding.... auto draft always works best. I am in either way

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : And the board full of people would be my competitors, right? I just don't think I have enough knowledge to play. Those guys would just talk me into anything. But it does sounds like fun. Maybe next year. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think you could handle it.  If nothing else, there are dozens of writers all over the web telling you who to drop and pick up, and who has recently started hitting, etc.  And there is alot of info on the site.  It's actually a good way to learn about other players, although you do sometimes tend to think of them in terms of fantasy value and not really how they are as players...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Draft now scheduled for Monday - 3/26, 11:00am. I like 12 team leagues, personally. I understand the dislike for "all star" teams, but everyone has the same crop to pick from, so all teams should be pretty equal, however loaded or not. The one thing I do not like about deeper leagues is 1 injury to a top player can absolutely cripple a team when there is nobody decent to pick up. I enjoy making tough decisions, looking like a genius sometimes, and a total FOOL others. In the flip, of the flipside though, deeper leagues DEFINITELY encourage trades, wchich are a fun part of fantasy elagues and can be totally lacking in 10/12 team leagues. We'll see how it goes, I don't like the whole division thing either, it's not really neccessary, some people just like it to mimic the real-life setup. I prefer one league, top to bottom, the best get into the playoffs, no bs. I will concede to majority however on all fronts.

I like a more active league.  I was in a 10 team league last year using all of MLB as a talent pool.  The entire season, we had 7 trades in that league, which is actually a lot for a Yahoo league.

The problem was, I made all seven trades...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Is it to late to sign up?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fantasy Baseball has opened! : I like a more active league.  I was in a 10 team league last year using all of MLB as a talent pool.  The entire season, we had 7 trades in that league, which is actually a lot for a Yahoo league. The problem was, I made all seven trades...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

notin I always push for trades, happy to make some with you if they make sense. If there are only 12 teams or less everyone gets so stacked they never make a move other than off waivers... 16 teams od more will force someone to have to trade a key player to fill a need.

Look forward to it.

Sections
Shortcuts