Fare Well and Thank You

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Fare Well and Thank You

Or is it Fair Well ?

What the heck.

Indeed, I hope you all have a great off season.  It is not what I bargained for, but I couldn't possibly feel worse than the members of the Red Sox themselves/itself.  

I hope you all who are pushing the coronary boundary can cool off soon, before that stroke strikes or embolism embolls....

I enjoyed the season, and the board, minus a few chunks and trolls.

I want to warn you all not to choose against Moon.  Some of you made fun of his Tampa will not fade line ... And while I know it was the Red Sox who faded, Tampa Bay was right there to take advantage.  Simply put, Moon proves himself over and over.  Sometimes to my gripping sadness ... Remember the Moon always has it's hold over the earth ... and I am sounding like a lunatic.

I learned pitching is never, ever, ever something we can have too much of.  Didn't I already know that?  Didn't you?  Yes, but sometimes lessons come back in spades ....

I also learned, even in the last game, that pitching REALLY counts on the defense behind it.  Jon Lester is a very fine pitcher, but three plays behind him last night kept him from being lit up like a chinese firecracker.

I appreciate Rick Sutcliffe's commentary on pitching.  Orel Hershiser is fine but he's snotty and preachy sometimes.  Sut just seems common man, down to earth.  I am so glad we don't have to hear that old Reds secondbaseman much anymore.  His hatred of the Red Sox is palpable (Joe Morgan be the name.)

I do want to thank my Red Sox, the Red Sox.  I enjoyed the promise of the season, the recovery from the dark side, getting to know the absolute pleasure of Adrain Gonzalez and watching a monster come to life in Jacoby Ellsbury.  (Will somebody please find a desert retreat for Scott Boras, and leave him there ... and get him to leave Ells alone?)  The usual scrambling charm of Pedey, the solid gutsy play of Scut, the promise of Josh Reddick ... and the sudden powerful promise of Lavarnway!  Welcome back, Big Papi!  We missed you!  Josh Beckett, marvelous year -thanks.  Bard, we wore you out, sorry - but thanks for the great stuff before that.  Paps, welcome back!  Mr. Aceves, wow!!!  Thank you!  I know I left out too many, but some people think my posts are overlong ... so I will end soon.  Youk ... get better!  You and Pedey are still the ultimate Dirt Dogs ...  Carl ... your time is coming and I'm excited to see it ...

Friends, the HoneyDo List can now be given full attention.  My goodly wife might just pass away in disbelief and pleasure ... 

Sheriff, Harness, Promise, J-Bay, Hammah, Zac (you little pinstriped imp), Summer, Tcal, JoeBreidy, Jete, Burrito, Halifax, Zilla, Kim, Spaceman, Dottie, Roy & Jim in FL,  ...  and all the rest (please forgive as the mind turns to mush if I didn't mention you) - fare well .... I won't be completely gone (ok, I already am completely gone), but I will be a stranger ...

As a true Red Sox fan ....

There is ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413377. Show user_4413377's posts

Re: Fare Well and Thank You

bye

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Fare Well and Thank You:
    Or is it Fair Well ?    What the heck.    Indeed, I hope you all have a great off season.  It is not what I bargained for, but I couldn't possibly feel worse than the members of the Red Sox themselves/itself.     I hope you all who are pushing the coronary boundary can cool off soon, before that stroke strikes or embullism embulls....    I enjoyed the season, and the board, minus a few chunks and trolls.    I want to warn you all not to choose against Moon.  Some of you made fun of his Tampa will not fade line ... And while I know it was the Red Sox who faded, Tampa Bay was right there to take advantage.  Simply put, Moon proves himself over and over.  Sometimes to my gripping sadness ... Remember the Moon always has it's hold over the earth ... and I am sounding like a lunatic.        I learned pitching is never, ever, ever something we can have too much of.  Didn't I already know that?  Didn't you?  Yes, but sometimes lessons come back in spades ....    I also learned, even in the last game, that pitching REALLY counts on the defense behind it.  Jon Lester is a very fine pitcher, but three plays behind him last night kept him from being lit up like a chinese firecracker.    I appreciate Rick Sutcliffe's commentary on pitching.  Orel Hershiser is fine but he's snotty and preachy sometimes.  Sut just seems common man, down to earth.  I am so glad we don't have to hear that old Reds secondbaseman much anymore.  His hatred of the Red Sox is palpable (Joe Morgan be the name.)   I do want to thank my Red Sox, the Red Sox.  I enjoyed the promise of the season, the recovery from the dark side, getting to know the absolute pleasure of Adrain Gonzalez and watching a monster come to life in Jacoby Ellsbury.  (Will somebody please find a desert retreat for Scott Boras, and leave him there ... and get him to leave Ells alone?)  The usual scrambling charm of Pedey, the solid gutsy play of Scut, the promise of Josh Reddick ... and the sudden powerfil promise of Lavarnway!  Welcome back, Big Papi!  We missed you!  Josh Beckett, marvelous year -thanks.  Bard, we wore you out, sorry - but thanks for the great stuff before that.  Paps, welcome back!  Mr. Aceves, wow!!!  Thank you!  I know I left out too many, but some people think my posts are overlong ... so I will end soon.  Youk ... get better!  You and Pedey are still the ultimate Dirt Dogs ...  Carl ... your time is coming and I'm excited to see it ...     Friends, the HoneyDo List can now be given full attention.  My goodly wife might just pass away in disbelief and pleasure ...      Sheriff, Harness, Promise, J-Bay, Hammah, Zac (you little pinstriped imp), Summer, Tcal, JoeBreidy, Jete, Burrito, Halifax, Zilla, Kim, Spaceman, Dottie, Roy & Jim in FL,  ...  and all the rest (please forgive as the mind turns to mush if I didn't mention you) - fare well .... I won't be completely gone (ok, I already am completely gone), but I will be a stranger ...         As a true Red Sox fan ....     There is ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!     
    Posted by SinceYaz

Very well articulated; especially all those quick text bites of the players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Or is it Fair Well ?    What the heck.    Indeed, I hope you all have a great off season.  It is not what I bargained for, but I couldn't possibly feel worse than the members of the Red Sox themselves/itself.     I hope you all who are pushing the coronary boundary can cool off soon, before that stroke strikes or embullism embulls....    I enjoyed the season, and the board, minus a few chunks and trolls.    I want to warn you all not to choose against Moon.  Some of you made fun of his Tampa will not fade line ... And while I know it was the Red Sox who faded, Tampa Bay was right there to take advantage.  Simply put, Moon proves himself over and over.  Sometimes to my gripping sadness ... Remember the Moon always has it's hold over the earth ... and I am sounding like a lunatic.        I learned pitching is never, ever, ever something we can have too much of.  Didn't I already know that?  Didn't you?  Yes, but sometimes lessons come back in spades ....    I also learned, even in the last game, that pitching REALLY counts on the defense behind it.  Jon Lester is a very fine pitcher, but three plays behind him last night kept him from being lit up like a chinese firecracker.    I appreciate Rick Sutcliffe's commentary on pitching.  Orel Hershiser is fine but he's snotty and preachy sometimes.  Sut just seems common man, down to earth.  I am so glad we don't have to hear that old Reds secondbaseman much anymore.  His hatred of the Red Sox is palpable (Joe Morgan be the name.)   I do want to thank my Red Sox, the Red Sox.  I enjoyed the promise of the season, the recovery from the dark side, getting to know the absolute pleasure of Adrain Gonzalez and watching a monster come to life in Jacoby Ellsbury.  (Will somebody please find a desert retreat for Scott Boras, and leave him there ... and get him to leave Ells alone?)  The usual scrambling charm of Pedey, the solid gutsy play of Scut, the promise of Josh Reddick ... and the sudden powerfil promise of Lavarnway!  Welcome back, Big Papi!  We missed you!  Josh Beckett, marvelous year -thanks.  Bard, we wore you out, sorry - but thanks for the great stuff before that.  Paps, welcome back!  Mr. Aceves, wow!!!  Thank you!  I know I left out too many, but some people think my posts are overlong ... so I will end soon.  Youk ... get better!  You and Pedey are still the ultimate Dirt Dogs ...  Carl ... your time is coming and I'm excited to see it ...     Friends, the HoneyDo List can now be given full attention.  My goodly wife might just pass away in disbelief and pleasure ...      Sheriff, Harness, Promise, J-Bay, Hammah, Zac (you little pinstriped imp), Summer, Tcal, JoeBreidy, Jete, Burrito, Halifax, Zilla, Kim, Spaceman, Dottie, Roy & Jim in FL,  ...  and all the rest (please forgive as the mind turns to mush if I didn't mention you) - fare well .... I won't be completely gone (ok, I already am completely gone), but I will be a stranger ...         As a true Red Sox fan ....     There is ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!     
    Posted by SinceYaz
    Yaz-o, enjoy your time away my friend, you are an absolute gent and it's great to have you back stateside...Cheers.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Fare thee well and be safe, my friend.

And DON'T be a stranger.

This hurts, I know. I am taking some time off after today.

See you on the flip side.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Yaz,
    Well said, I enjoy your humor and witt.

Though we fell short of expectations and will bemoan our fate long into the winter...Once the calendar turns and the New Year is upon us. The count down to a new season of promise will begin and with that, the sting of a lost season will begin to dull...I for one can't wait til next year! 

Go Sox!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

We will have a decent off season to fix the bullpen problems.We will be a good team again next year. Keep in touch Yaz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

have a good winter yaz my friend. this was a tough pill to swallow for sure. I/we will get over it and all we can hope for is that our boys come to spring training in better physical shape next year. I'll check in from time to time so keep in touch. To my yankee fan friends I just want to say good luck to you and your team in the post season....as for me?

GO PATRIOTS
    BO BRUINS
    and GO CELTICS.

Hammah out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Posted by SinceYaz

beckett, marvelous year he looked like a pregnant woman at a drug store getting her prenatal prescription filled. He let his team down bigtime if he had stayed in shape they would have won his last 3 starts and been in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

This really was one of the best defensive teams we've seen in Boston in a long time.  That should have helped the pitching.  

It will be interesting what happens to this pitching staff in the off-season. (Not to mention the coaching and conditioning staff.) 

See you next year, Yaz... 

-Daf. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

S.Y. - May the donuts you bake be a constant reminder of the holiness and humbleness of following our great national past-time: bakeball.

May UR winter be filled with preaching and poaching.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Have a great off-season Yaz

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I've heard that Theo is likely gone as well.  If this is true I'm not surprised.

Either way, he brought this team 2 WS Championships and several good seasons.  Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and this past season triggered that.  He'll get another job and will continue on as one of the best managers in the game.

Sections
Shortcuts