Farrell and Morales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Farrell and Morales

When Morales can't even get a pitch over the plate and his fastball is 3 or 4mph less than last season why give the game away by keeping him in?  Our team had enough trouble getting one run across the board.

Please don't anyone say Farrell didn't want to waste the pen with another game tonight because it was a dumb move.  Now Mortensen, it can't get any better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Farrell and Morales

He had 2 outs and thought he could get through it. There wasnt anyone warming. It happens craze. Im sure farrell didnt think Morales would be that bad. Mort is the pitcher that is used in this type of situation. I wouldnt waste Taz, Miller or Koji right now either. Morales did good his last time out. He certainly didnt look good today.

Personally, I thought Doubie would have pitched the 7th. 3 innings to score 5 runs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He had 2 outs and thought he could get through it. There wasnt anyone warming. It happens craze. Im sure farrell didnt think Morales would be that bad. Mort is the pitcher that is used in this type of situation. I wouldnt waste Taz, Miller or Koji right now either. Morales did good his last time out. He certainly didnt look good today.

Personally, I thought Doubie would have pitched the 7th. 3 innings to score 5 runs.

I know it happens southpaw but Mortensen doesn't belong on the big club in my opinion and Morales is the last guy to bring into a one run game.  They have clocked his fasball topping out at 93 the last two outings and he really hasn't had any control in either game. 

We need more effective long relief than Mortensen and Morales.  Yes, if anything with another game tonight keep Doub in one more inning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He did good in his spot start last time out. 5IP 4H and 2ER. I didnt see anything wrong with using him on a double header day. Mortensen is a mop up guy. thats his role, to come in with either a big lead or down by a lot so not to waste the better guys. Everyone has one in their pen.

I dont like losing either, but to me, its a waste of time to start throwing blame around. It wasnt the wrong move, but the results werent good. It happens. The offense hasnt got the job done either. Lots of LOB.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

He did good in his spot start last time out. 5IP 4H and 2ER. I didnt see anything wrong with using him on a double header day. Mortensen is a mop up guy. thats his role, to come in with either a big lead or down by a lot so not to waste the better guys. Everyone has one in their pen.

I dont like losing either, but to me, its a waste of time to start throwing blame around. It wasnt the wrong move, but the results werent good. It happens. The offense hasnt got the job done either. Lots of LOB.

i agree with this...and our offense shold have hammered hanson...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

11 runners left on base doesn't help but even in the Philly start Morales was lucky to get off throwing 92/93 and getting them to swing at bad pitches.  Morales isn't going to help this club until his velocity and control is back.  In a one run game in the 7th, it should have been Doub, or Tazawa regardless of another game tonight.  We could be up by five runs tonight, thats when you give a guy like Morales a chance to get things right.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

[QUOTE]

11 runners left on base doesn't help but even in the Philly start Morales was lucky to get off throwing 92/93 and getting them to swing at bad pitches.  Morales isn't going to help this club until his velocity and control is back.  In a one run game in the 7th, it should have been Doub, or Tazawa regardless of another game tonight.  We could be up by five runs tonight, thats when you give a guy like Morales a chance to things right.  

[/QUOTE]

agree to disagree.

Hopefully we can have a split today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

11 runners left on base doesn't help but even in the Philly start Morales was lucky to get off throwing 92/93 and getting them to swing at bad pitches.  Morales isn't going to help this club until his velocity and control is back.  In a one run game in the 7th, it should have been Doub, or Tazawa regardless of another game tonight.  We could be up by five runs tonight, thats when you give a guy like Morales a chance to things right.  

[/QUOTE]

this is just me..but i think morales should be in the minors...if middlebrooks is there to work his bat back..so should be morales.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

This from a fan who wants Braun....

Hey Conan, lets meet for lunch somewhere.  You can even bring your monkey for protection I would love to meet the little flake hiding behind the computer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is just me..but i think morales should be in the minors...if middlebrooks is there to work his bat back..so should be morales.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he has any options left raider, like Mort and Miller. Thats why they are here. Its a case of roster management. Do you take a chance and put him through waivers? No, because someone will probably snag either one up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he has any options left raider, like Mort and Miller. Thats why they are here. Its a case of roster management. Do you take a chance and put him through waivers? No, because someone will probably snag either one up.

[/QUOTE]

yeah..sorry i forgot about that...not thinking again....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Morales was all over the place in Philly as well but they swung at a lot of poor pitches.  He has stuck in the majors because of his 96/97mph fastball which is nowhere in sight at the moment.  Yes, he was brought back up too soon.  Mort has the highest era in the pen, there has to be someone better out there to pitch long relief until Morales is ready.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Miller has done a lot better than Mortensen recently and has major league stuff.  Mort is a guy you throw into a game we are winning big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Miller has done a lot better than Mortensen recently and has major league stuff.  Mort is a guy you throw into a game we are winning big.

[/QUOTE]

I would try and get something for Morales before I put him through waivers, If I chose to go that route. Either wayhe has to stay in MLB unless he gets hurt again. But that does nothing for his value, IF you do want to trade him. The funny thing with bullpen guys is that they can change from month to month or year to year.

Mort is under control and can be an effective pitcher. Weve seen it before. Thats why you dont just get rid of these guys if they are having a rough time. Mort was solid for us last year. Bullpen arms are tricky and its a crap shoot at best. Usually your 7-8-9th Inning guys are the reliable ones and everyone else, well, can be erratic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

I would try and get something for Morales before I put him through waivers, If I chose to go that route. Either wayhe has to stay in MLB unless he gets hurt again. But that does nothing for his value, IF you do want to trade him. The funny thing with bullpen guys is that they can change from month to month or year to year.

Mort is under control and can be an effective pitcher. Weve seen it before. Thats why you dont just get rid of these guys if they are having a rough time. Mort was solid for us last year. Bullpen arms are tricky and its a crap shoot at best. Usually your 7-8-9th Inning guys are the reliable ones and everyone else, well, can be erratic.

/QUOTE]

I can understand keeping Miller because of the nasty fastball and curve he can bring to the table.  I don't see anything special in Mortensen as his RH compliment.  Morales has really lost velocity, if anything that needs to be worked on "off" the field along with his control before coming back up or being placed in a one run game.  Some fans thought his outing in Philly was pretty good but it was obvious, even with the announcers he was struggling with control and velocity.

Morales is actually a pretty nice compliment to Miller at 96/97mph but not right now.  After all the runners stranded and a nitmare of an outing like this for Morales I really hope Clay is lights out tonight and we get this one back.  Also, lost in my dissapointment/anger was Doubs performance, I thought he did pretty well today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

I can understand keeping Miller because of the nasty fastball and curve he can bring to the table.  I don't see anything special in Mortensen as his RH compliment.  Morales has really lost velocity, if anything that needs to be worked on "off" the field along with his control before coming back up or being placed in a one run game.  Some fans thought his outing in Philly was pretty good but it was obvious, even with the announcers he was struggling with control and velocity.

Morales is actually a pretty nice compliment to Miller at 96/97mph but not right now.

Well, if they want to send him back to AAA they will have to put him back on the DL or through waivers because hes out of options. Hes had back issues, so that probably has a lot to do with his velocity this year.

Im sure there will be some moves over the next 2 months.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

Morales is actually a pretty nice compliment to Miller at 96/97mph but not right now.

Well, if they want to send him back to AAA they will have to put him back on the DL or through waivers because hes out of options. Hes had back issues, so that probably has a lot to do with his velocity this year.

No doubt, we need to get this one back tonight, especially the offense who could have very easily put the Angels away early today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

No doubt, we need to get this one back tonight, especially the offense who could have very easily put the Angels away early today.

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess if i was trying to look on the bright side, they finished with some offensive momentum going into tonight. Whatever thats worth

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess if i was trying to look on the bright side, they finished with some offensive momentum going into tonight. Whatever thats worth

[/QUOTE]

momentum is a good thing....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

2nd game we got to hit wilson LHP...and you know how that goes LHP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Gomes finally had a good game, if hes going to help this club it needs to continue.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

At most, he kept him one batter too long.  Walking Kendrick on a 7-pitch 3-2 count is not indicative of someone that lost the plate.  After he walked Callapso, then you have cause to take him out, because then he's lost the plate.  Basically, you'd have saved one run in the inning.  The best you're getting out of the inning is down 5-2.

100 games left, so I assume we'll lose at least another 40.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

Gomes finally had a good game, if hes going to help this club it needs to continue.

[/QUOTE]

this is what he is here for....LHP...