Farrell and Morales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Farrell and Morales

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2nd game we got to hit wilson LHP...and you know how that goes LHP.

Gomes finally had a good game, if hes going to help this club it needs to continue.

[/QUOTE]

this is what he is here for....LHP...

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if farrell will sit Drew tonight vs a LHP and play Ciriaco and Iggy. Personally, I wouldnt. Id play Iggy at 3b and Drew at SS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gomes finally had a good game, if hes going to help this club it needs to continue.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if farrell will sit Drew tonight vs a LHP and play Ciriaco and Iggy. Personally, I wouldnt. Id play Iggy at 3b and Drew at SS.

[/QUOTE]

i don't want ciriaco playing....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I kind of like having Iggy at 3B and Drew at SS defensively.  They both have pretty strong accurate arms and cover decent ground.  My one fault with Middy defensively is how far off the bag he was playing and his lack of quickness to recover on balls hit down the line.  He was getting better before going down but I still like Iggy there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A manager has to have some trust in his entire bullpen. You can't use the same guys every day.  It would not surprise me to see Morales go back on the DL soon. He certainly does not have the same live arm that we saw last year. As for Mortensen , I am sure that he is on the bubble as far as being released.  Bullpens change during the season. You don't wind up with the same guys you started with.  I don't fault Farrell for today.

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i'm not sure how far rafael perez is??? but chris martin and alex wilson have been good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It almost doesn't pay to try to figure these things out, especially the RS.  They'll pound good pitchers, then disappear against guys you never heard of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

It almost doesn't pay to try to figure these things out, especially the RS.  They'll pound good pitchers, then disappear against guys you never heard of.

[/QUOTE]

exactly...kind of drives me crazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

SSS, but Drew is 2-3 v Wilson, Ciriaco is 2-7, and Iggy is 0-3.

Papi is 1-13 with a 5/0 K/W.  Does he sit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

SSS, but Drew is 2-3 v Wilson, Ciriaco is 2-7, and Iggy is 0-3.

Papi is 1-13 with a 5/0 K/W.  Does he sit?

I dont think I could ever sit Papi unless he was hurt. Im guessing Iggy3b, DrewSS and papiDH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

RED SOX (37-25)
    Victorino CF
    Gomes LF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Nava RF
    Ross C
    Drew SS
    Iglesias 3B
    Pitching: RHP Clay Buchholz (8-0, 1.62).

ANGELS (25-34)
    Trout CF
    Hamilton RF
    Pujols DH
    Trumbo 1B
    Kendrick 2B
    Hawpe LF
    Callaspo 3B
    Conger C
    Aybar SS
    Pitching: LHP C.J. Wilson (4-4, 3.93).

Game time: 7:15 p.m.

TV/Radio: FOX / WEEI.

LIVE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A manager has to have some trust in his entire bullpen. You can't use the same guys every day.  It would not surprise me to see Morales go back on the DL soon. He certainly does not have the same live arm that we saw last year. As for Mortensen , I am sure that he is on the bubble as far as being released.  Bullpens change during the season. You don't wind up with the same guys you started with.  I don't fault Farrell for today.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Exactly, Southpaw..

The trouble is when starting pitchers can't go deep in the game.  Relievers aren't machines, they tire and lose sharpness unless they rely on a sinker.  Actually, a sinker ball pitchers big concern is being too strong and losing their natural sink.

Someone, for sure, will go on the DL and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Aceves is brought back up soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I put most of the blame on Farrell, we had a double header and were only down by one run with three innings left to score a couple more runs.   

#1 If anything Farrell should have left Doub in for seventh.  It would have given our pitching staff and Doub more confidence, knowing he made it through 7 strong innings.  

#2 Farrell chose a rusty Morales over Taz or U even though Morales hasn't really had his control or velocity since returning.  If he didn't choose Morales it looks like it would have been Mort with a one run lead.  Wrong again!

#3 Farrell still didn't pull Morales after failing the first time to get the third out and only being down by two.  The game was still in reach.

#4 Farrell again chose to leave Morales in after loading the bases knowing he was nowhere near the strike zone.  As a result, Morales walks in a run

#5 Then left Morales in again to walk another before being pulled.

Why is it Farrell isn't to blame through this entire process?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]

He had 2 outs and thought he could get through it. There wasnt anyone warming. It happens craze. Im sure farrell didnt think Morales would be that bad. Mort is the pitcher that is used in this type of situation. I wouldnt waste Taz, Miller or Koji right now either. Morales did good his last time out. He certainly didnt look good today.

Personally, I thought Doubie would have pitched the 7th. 3 innings to score 5 runs.

I know it happens southpaw but Mortensen doesn't belong on the big club in my opinion and Morales is the last guy to bring into a one run game.  They have clocked his fasball topping out at 93 the last two outings and he really hasn't had any control in either game. 

We need more effective long relief than Mortensen and Morales.  Yes, if anything with another game tonight keep Doub in one more inning.

Perfect post. The 2 of them are a pain. they are liabilities. Ace is is a pain,but he is more consistent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

[QUOTE]

He had 2 outs and thought he could get through it. There wasnt anyone warming. It happens craze. Im sure farrell didnt think Morales would be that bad. Mort is the pitcher that is used in this type of situation. I wouldnt waste Taz, Miller or Koji right now either. Morales did good his last time out. He certainly didnt look good today.

Personally, I thought Doubie would have pitched the 7th. 3 innings to score 5 runs.

I know it happens southpaw but Mortensen doesn't belong on the big club in my opinion and Morales is the last guy to bring into a one run game.  They have clocked his fasball topping out at 93 the last two outings and he really hasn't had any control in either game. 

We need more effective long relief than Mortensen and Morales.  Yes, if anything with another game tonight keep Doub in one more inning.

Perfect post. The 2 of them are a pain. they are liabilities. Ace is is a pain,but he is more consistent.

The sad part was the fact we scored three more runs.  One more strategic move during all these AB's could have still given us a chance to win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The sad part was the fact we scored three more runs.  One more strategic move during all these AB's could have still given us a chance to win.

You'd have seen the closer in the 9th and we wouldn't have scored 3 runs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

You'd have seen the closer in the 9th and we wouldn't have scored 3 runs.

Good point Joe but our team has made a few nice comebacks so you never know.  Its over and done, we just need this game tonight to help erase it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I do fault Farrell. Doubront should have started the 7th and I was thinking that before the Morales implosion. Especially when you're playing two games in one day, you want to ride your starter for as long as possible. Doubront had only thrown 97 pitches. I don't mind having someone warm up behind him, just in case, but he should have been out there for a batter or two, if not the whole inning. It was a 3-2 game at that point and the Red Sox had been pounding Angels pitching despite the score.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

I do fault Farrell. Doubront should have started the 7th and I was thinking that before the Morales implosion. Especially when you're playing two games in one day, you want to ride your starter for as long as possible. Doubront had only thrown 97 pitches. I don't mind having someone warm up behind him, just in case, but he should have been out there for a batter or two, if not the whole inning. It was a 3-2 game at that point and the Red Sox had been pounding Angels pitching despite the score.

I agree david, Farrell putting in Morales was questionable enough.  The moves he never made afterwards could of very well cost us a game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

Good point about the DH.  I'm not seeing anything that says he couldn't go 110-115.  It could be that Farrell talked to Dubront about it, but outside of that, it would've been a good spot for an extra inning.  Still, you can't be afraid to use your BP.  And that is a good slot for Morales.  If the idea is that we have to use all of the key guys for every close games, they'll each have 120+ IPs for the year.

25. This post has been removed.