Farrell Impressing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Farrell Impressing

I think the Sox made the right choice in Farrell to manage this team.  He seems very grounded and business like in his approach to handling the team.  I see more indivual work and analysis of players technique , especially pitchers, already.  I am not sure how the team will do overall but there will be a big difference this season in attitude on this team.  I heard many negatives about his time in Toronto but I think he knows Boston and the media scrutiny and can handle it.  I am now officially excited about the Sox again this season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Farrell Impressing

I figured you would softy....lol.  Performance results are the end all but a good working enviroment can enhance performance and attitude.  That is all I have to go on.  So I am going with it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I understand. I have some land I want to sell you, through the mail.

LMAO....very good

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

i am not sure blind is the word but with that said I am impressed so far with what I am hearing and seeing.  Yes it is early and there will be some rough spots but after last year at least there seems to be a real leader in the dugout now.  Softy a 1 in 3 chance.  Who is the blind optomist now.  lol    I still don't think they are playoff bound but I will go with your 1 in 3 chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BOBBY V. , we hardly knew thee  !!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Last year was the first year in a long time I actually stopped watching games.  Thank you BV.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Last year was the first year in a long time I actually stopped watching games.  Thank you BV.

BV had very little to do with the failure in 2012.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

No, but his DRAMA contributed to the ALOOFNESS, known as the 2012 Red Sox ......   Other than that, he did help with the "TRANSFORMING" that was surely needed !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

hahahahahaaha.  no doubt, that is as strong a defense as you can muster for ya boy.  I will grant you that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I think the Sox made the right choice in Farrell to manage this team.  He seems very grounded and business like in his approach to handling the team.  I see more indivual work and analysis of players technique , especially pitchers, already.  I am not sure how the team will do overall but there will be a big difference this season in attitude on this team.  I heard many negatives about his time in Toronto but I think he knows Boston and the media scrutiny and can handle it.  I am now officially excited about the Sox again this season.

I think we did a great job with our chemistry issues but only time will tell.  I also think we have a solid "not great" bunch of hungry ballplayers which should also be a plus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Ben finallly dealt with the stench of 2011...too bad BV was overcomed by fumes....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Ben finallly dealt with the stench of 2011...too bad BV was overcomed by fumes....

Hey, that is as good a rationale for Bobby's lunacy as I have heard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Bobby V was the leaky tailpipe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Definitely wait and see.  Of course.  But I like the fact he was a pitching coach in Boston, and that is what needs the most fixing.  He and his pitching coach just might get Bard turned around, for example.  In the end, it's the players who win and lose games.  Managers work the angles, but can only do so much. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Definitely wait and see.  Of course.  But I like the fact he was a pitching coach in Boston, and that is what needs the most fixing.  He and his pitching coach just might get Bard turned around, for example.  In the end, it's the players who win and lose games.  Managers work the angles, but can only do so much. 

I agree max, Farrell, Ross, Victorino and Dempster should bring a little more leadership to the club at the very least and thats a good start.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

as Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction said....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

As I always said when Tito was manager, When you have injuries, there isn't a lot a manager can do to overcome that.

OTOH, Valentine had what will come to be known as the worst managing season in the history of baseball.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm going to reserve excitement for performance results. Thank you, my friend.

Not that it matters but your name rhrymes with COLDSLAW !!

Just an astute observation.  

Hetch