Farrell just like the Tuna

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Farrell just like the Tuna

I like Farrell but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after superbowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I dont care if your a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox is going to hire, come on the sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone would improve the pitching, it couldnt get worse. So dont give credit yet because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization who goes after someone else under contract.  Its bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem, he is old, complains the last two years about his one year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great but its time to dump him. Who your going to sign, how about player development. There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them its not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsberry, he is a cancer also. I will never forgive the tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger then the organization and the Sox has not realize that yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Re: Farrell just like the Tuna

In response to funinCA's comment:

I like Farrell but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after superbowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I dont care if your a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox is going to hire, come on the sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone would improve the pitching, it couldnt get worse. So dont give credit yet because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization who goes after someone else under contract.  Its bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem, he is old, complains the last two years about his one year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great but its time to dump him. Who your going to sign, how about player development. There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them its not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsberry, he is a cancer also. I will never forgive the tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger then the organization and the Sox has not realize that yet.

Farrell is just like Norv Turner, a great pitching coach for Farrell, Norv is a offensive coordinator, but lousy head coachs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Farrell coming over was blessed by the Blue Jay front office. Red Sox asked for permission to talk to him and it was granted. Farrell then decided to negotiate and was happy with the offer. No problem apparently with any of the three parties involved. The only one who is upset is you and I doubt that you really are neither.

Well the Jays wanted him out, Farrell doesnt live up to contracts, and you rather insult then discuss, Im guess you are neither.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I feel like being the grammar police today: 

I like Farrell, but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after Super Bowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I don't care if you're a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox are going to hire. Come on, the Sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone can improve the pitching, it can't get worse. So don't give credit yet, because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization that goes after someone else under contract.  It's bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem. He is old, complains the last two years about his one-year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great, but it's time to dump him. Who are you going to sign? How about player development? There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them. It's not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsbury. He is a cancer also. I will never forgive the Tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger than the organization and the Sox have not realize that yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I like Farrell, but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after superbowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I don't care if you're a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox are going to hire. Come on the sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone would improve the pitching, it couldnt get worse. So dont give credit yet because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization who goes after someone else under contract.  Its bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem, he is old, complains the last two years about his one year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great but its time to dump him. Who your going to sign, how about player development. There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them its not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsberry, he is a cancer also. I will never forgive the tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger then the organization and the Sox has not realize that yet.

Thanks, watching football and typing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I like Farrell, but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after superbowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I don't care if you're a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox are going to hire. Come on the sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone would improve the pitching, it couldnt get worse. So dont give credit yet because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization who goes after someone else under contract.  Its bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem, he is old, complains the last two years about his one year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great but its time to dump him. Who your going to sign, how about player development. There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them its not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsberry, he is a cancer also. I will never forgive the tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger thAn the organization and the Sox has not realize that yet.

You missed one, roy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

I like Farrell, but he had one year remaining on his contact and should have stuck it out. Tuna dumped the Pats after superbowl and went to the Jets. Good coaches with no morals. I don't care if you're a hall of famer or not, you stick with your contact just like any other person who works and signs contacts. You think Farrell is the last manger the Sox are going to hire. Come on the sox had 3 excellent canidates they could have hired. Anyone would improve the pitching, it couldnt get worse. So dont give credit yet because anyone with a half of brain could improve the Sox. What do you say about an organization who goes after someone else under contract.  Its bullcrap. The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup. Work on the farm system, no large contracts. Ortiz is a problem, he is old, complains the last two years about his one year contract, gets paid excellent and ends up hurt as his way to say bullcrap. He was great but its time to dump him. Who your going to sign, how about player development. There is no excuse for ballplayers who make millions to act like spoiled children. Dump them its not worth it. Develop unity. Trade Ellsberry, he is a cancer also. I will never forgive the tuna for what he did,  but nobody is bigger thAn the organization and the Sox has not realize that yet.

You missed one, roy.

I hit the add post instead of the Bold button. I went back and finished.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Now that the grammar police are done how did Farrell not honor his contract. The Jays traded him just like a player. So he has a one year contract and probably will renegotiate it. He did nothing wrong.

Yes they had other very good opportunities but they wanted Farrell. Which is not Farrell's problem.. The rest of the statement is just BS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Now that the grammar police are done how did Farrell not honor his contract. The Jays traded him just like a player. So he has a one year contract and probably will renegotiate it. He did nothing wrong.

Yes they had other very good opportunities but they wanted Farrell. Which is not Farrell's problem.. The rest of the statement is just BS.

It's sort of why I didn't respond to the content. I'm reading the post, and there were so many mistakes in the grammar that it made it hard to take the content seriously. I know we all make mistakes in grammar, punctuation and spelling when we're writing fast. But when the entire post is filled and the content is as you put it, I figured I'd play school teacher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How can you be mad a Farrell. Ultimately if the Jays wanted to keep him they could have just said no. It was a strained relationship from the start. JF and AA didnt see eye to eye on players, development, and philosiphies. It was a bad fit just like BV was here. Toronto realized that and was able to not only rid themselves of Farrell, but gain a body in Mike Aviles for letting him go.

Toronto had the final decision in this deal, blame them if anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Farrell threw away two years of work with a team that should have been his for the next 5+ years. Quitter comes to mind.

The Jays hired him because he hit high on their test score.... the same test the Sox would use. If he failed with the Jays how can the Sox be dumb enough to hire a failed student.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Farrell threw away two years of work with a team that should have been his for the next 5+ years. Quitter comes to mind. The Jays hired him because he hit high on their test score.... the same test the Sox would use. If he failed with the Jays how can the Sox be dumb enough to hire a failed student.

So what if he "threw" away two years of work. If your heart is somewhere else all that you accomplished means nothing.

Farrell wanted the RS job and told the Jays that so the Jays worked out a deal. The "TEST" is not the same for each club because each club has different inputs and directions to which they want to go. The only thing that is the same for every team is getting and winning the WS, which IMHO is the ultimate goal for every team.

BTW if you had a job in Tucson and were the CEO of the company and a job as good or better came up in the place you love the most I do believe you and anyone else would make the move very quickly. To throw Farrell under the bus for going for his dream jobs is pure BS.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Farrell threw away two years of work with a team that should have been his for the next 5+ years. Quitter comes to mind.

The Jays hired him because he hit high on their test score.... the same test the Sox would use. If he failed with the Jays how can the Sox be dumb enough to hire a failed student.

I believe that Farrell's relationship with the front office, players and coaches will help the Red Sox become a better ballclub. 

Farrell was not a good fit with the Blue Jays (just like Francona was not a good fit for the Phillies before coming to Boston). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I am not excited about farrell coming here as coach. Now that the shrimp dustin is happy about the move, I am less excited.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

“This is an incredible privilege to be standing here today,” said Farrell, who added he wanted to return to Boston last year but was not allowed to by the Blue Jays.

no wonder Jays had a lousy 2012.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup.

Roy, should that be a colon in the middle, or at least a semi-colon?  Pretty sure it shouldn't be a comma, or even a semi-comma.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

It is nice that each and every coherent point in the opening post was addressed. Good job folks.

There wasn't much by way of coherent points.  Farrell didn't quit, he got traded.  He says EllsbERry is a cancer, but doesn't say why.  And he doesn't know how to spell Ellsbury's name, which means he isn't even a RS fan.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The Sox had a bad year, they will regroup.

Roy, should that be a colon in the middle, or at least a semi-colon?  Pretty sure it shouldn't be a comma, or even a semi-comma.

It should be a period with a new sentence.  Period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, at least the Tuna won some along the way.  Better to be compared to Tuna than to Pike.  

Sections
Shortcuts