Farrell just lost another game for us

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Farrell just lost another game for us

Hate  to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure JF isn't on this board. Certainly not during games. Wireless is pretty spotty in Arlington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Salty already had a double in the game and Ross played 2 in a row...seriously, are you going to blame farrell all the time now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Salty already had a double in the game and Ross played 2 in a row...seriously, are you going to blame farrell all the time now?

The dude has snapped.  He complained about Farrell sending Iggy down, even though he is not the GM.  Blamed Farrell for throwing 75 more innings last year than he had ever thrown before, even though the number is actually 31.2, and you know, Farrell wasn't really here last year.

He also thinks we should've been 25-4 going into tonight's game, a nice 139-win pace.  Seriously, it's been a while since we won 139 games in a season, or anyone opened up 25-4, so I'm kind of rooting for it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If Ells wants to become a $17+ Million dollar man, he better start playing like it!  He's gotta do a little bit more than steal bases.  He simply is not contributing like a top tier player. 

Before the whiner patrol starts in....  I had been thinking during the game that I didn't have a great deal of confidence when Ells came to the plate that he was going to MAKE something happen.  Later, I was looking at Salty's stats, as I was irritated that he had not been pinch hit for on either of his last two plate appearances.  It struck me that Salty and Ells sat together toward the bottom of the stat sheet.

I love Ells, but it's simply well past time he started playing like the player he wants to get a big contract for!

Jacoby Ellsbury*   28 122 19 34  6  3  1 12 10  16  11  .279   .333   .402   18

Saltalamacchia#   20  69  10 16  5  0  3   8  9   27   0   .232   .321   .435    7

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Don't you guys know? It's Ferrel's fault when we lose but he never gets the credit when we win. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Don't you guys know? It's Ferrel's fault when we lose but he never gets the credit when we win. 

Look!  I LOVE Farrell.  I think he's likely 50% of the reason the Sox are off to such a great start!  Still....  I don't understand why he leaves Salty in for 2 AB's toward the end of the game, both key situations with runners on base.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty was one of our best hitters "late & close" last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bring back Bobby Valentine !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

How many times must I tell him to pitch hit for dirt bag salty. For Christ's sake why do you have Carp. We would have been leading 4-3. Neither dirt bag or middle100ba or drew should ever hit for themselves when the game is on the line. It is plain stupid. Of course, none of them should be playing. Has salty had a meaningful hit this year?

Fickle again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

It is not farrell's fault, the bats went quiet for the sox.

You hit the nail on the head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

How many times must I tell him to pitch hit for dirt bag salty. For Christ's sake why do you have Carp. We would have been leading 4-3. Neither dirt bag or middle100ba or drew should ever hit for themselves when the game is on the line. It is plain stupid. Of course, none of them should be playing. Has salty had a meaningful hit this year?

Fickle again

Hey,

I'm dissapointed that our thread was deleted.  I had some great answers to your questions!

I hope we can move on and have some great baseball discussions, I really do think you are a good poster.Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Fickle again

Hey,

I'm dissapointed that our thread was deleted.  I had some great answers to your questions!

I hope we can move on and have some great baseball discussions, I really do think you are a good poster.Smile

Thx, but thread was not entirely deleted, just in some sort of purgatory, which I couldn't blame the moderators for. (You seem like a good person, and we just have different POVs.) In fact, It appears you made the last response.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/jason-collins/100/6620851?ia=17342796

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

teddy, i watched the game carefully last night...the only thing i saw was a superior team playing at home that benefitted from some errors and an ump who widened the strike zone for the home team...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

teddy, i watched the game carefully last night...the only thing i saw was a superior team playing at home that benefitted from some errors and an ump who widened the strike zone for the home team...

That's about right.  We have the best record in BB, but Texas is tough to play at.  For some reason, some posters think we are going on the road to face a very good team, put up our #4 and #5 SPs, and that our opponents will collapse at the mere sight of our awesomeness.

I think we're a good 90-win team, but we are still an underdog against good teams on the road.  That's just the way it is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Better yet, Trade Salty !!!!   NOW GRASSHOPPER !!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

If Ells wants to become a $17+ Million dollar man, he better start playing like it!  He's gotta do a little bit more than steal bases.  He simply is not contributing like a top tier player. 

Before the whiner patrol starts in....  I had been thinking during the game that I didn't have a great deal of confidence when Ells came to the plate that he was going to MAKE something happen.  Later, I was looking at Salty's stats, as I was irritated that he had not been pinch hit for on either of his last two plate appearances.  It struck me that Salty and Ells sat together toward the bottom of the stat sheet.

I love Ells, but it's simply well past time he started playing like the player he wants to get a big contract for!

Jacoby Ellsbury*   28 122 19 34  6  3  1 12 10  16  11  .279   .333   .402   18

Saltalamacchia#   20  69  10 16  5  0  3   8  9   27   0   .232   .321   .435    7

actually, besides the SLG., Saltys numbers are better than last year, especially the OBP. Salty is what he is, and if you compare him to the other MLB catchers offensively, you'll be happy we have him. Most are pretty terrible at the plate.

Also, he already hit a double. No reason to take him out. some of you would totally lose a team with the way you suggest moves. Salty was very good late in games last year. No reason to PH for him.

Ellsbury is not going to come close to getting his 20M per deal. Sorry, but hes more like a 14-16M guy without the power. And now without a high BA and OBP, hes not even worth that.

They hit theball hard last night a number of times. Problem is, they went right at someone. Also, it seems the Kzone changed a bit for texas. just sayin.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ellsbury is not going to come close to getting his 20M per deal. Sorry, but hes more like a 14-16M guy without the power. And now without a high BA and OBP, hes not even worth that.

They hit theball hard last night a number of times. Problem is, they went right at someone. Also, it seems the Kzone changed a bit for texas. just sayin.

This could be a good thing for those of us who want "the reverse pivot man" back.  I wonder how either he or JBJ feels about playing a corner OF position. 

I'm not usually one to complain about "Home jobs" from umps but IMO the home vs. away splits for the umps has been ridiculous in this series. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that in both games the umps have given a Rangers player an "extra" strike with two outs and in both situations that player has delivered a two-run-scoring hit in that AB.  I'm not making excuses for the loss - the Sox haven't scored enough runs to win - but the losses (and the ERA's)  shouldn't have looked as bad as they did.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

That's about right.  We have the best record in BB, but Texas is tough to play at.  For some reason, some posters think we are going on the road to face a very good team, put up our #4 and #5 SPs, and that our opponents will collapse at the mere sight of our awesomeness.

I think we're a good 90-win team, but we are still an underdog against good teams on the road.  That's just the way it is.

90 wins would be quite a feat considering last season...i am still sticking with 81....i just dont thimk were that good yet...but def moving in the right direction and if the pitching holds up, then you may be right

Sections
Shortcuts