Farrell just lost another game for us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Farrell just lost another game for us

Somebody save this to their hard drive, Geo expects 81 wins, got it. C'mon Geo, pitching and defense is funtastic!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Relax...Farrell didn't "lose this game". Games that hinge on the performance of one player or one decision are often doomed anyhow.

The Sox still have a slightly better record than Texas. Texas is pretty strong at home..so I certainly wouldn't have expected the Sox to take this series.

It's going to be a very long season for some people if we are going to have panic attacks every time the Sox lose a game. No team wins them all...and we are in first place at the moment. When we drop to third after the all star break ...then it will be time to worry. For now..we should just enjoy the ride.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Relax...Farrell didn't "lose this game". Games that hinge on the performance of one player or one decision are often doomed anyhow.

The Sox still have a slightly better record than Texas. Texas is pretty strong at home..so I certainly wouldn't have expected the Sox to take this series.

It's going to be a very long season for some people if we are going to have panic attacks every time the Sox lose a game. No team wins them all...and we are in first place at the moment. When we drop to third after the all star break ...then it will be time to worry. For now..we should just enjoy the ride.

There is far too much that goes on in any game to ever blame the game on one call, one play,  or one player.  Even if Farrell had pinch hit for Salty, the chances are the Sox would have still lost that game.

Texas is a good team with good pitching.  While it's disappointing and frustrating to lose, it's not really that unexpected, especially playing in their home park.

Losing streaks and slumps are going to happen no matter how good a team or players are.  You just have to hope that they are not prolonged.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Somebody save this to their hard drive, Geo expects 81 wins, got it. C'mon Geo, pitching and defense is funtastic!

.500 is still 13 games better tha  last year

23 games better is expecting too much...youre drinking the kool aid methinks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

There is far too much that goes on in any game to ever blame the game on one call, one play,  or one player.  Even if Farrell had pinch hit for Salty, the chances are the Sox would have still lost that game.

Texas is a good team with good pitching.  While it's disappointing and frustrating to lose, it's not really that unexpected, especially playing in their home park.

Losing streaks and slumps are going to happen no matter how good a team or players are.  You just have to hope that they are not prolonged.

All Carp had to do is to hit a grand slam with two guys on, and then when no one was looking, circle the bases again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

.500 is still 13 games better tha last year

If the Sox play .500 ball the rest of the season they will end up with 86 wins.

To reach 90 wins, they need to play .530 ball.   That's not a given, by any means, but certainly reasonable and doable, don't you think?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

To reach 90 wins, they need to play .530 ball.   That's not a given, by any means, but certainly reasonable and doable, don't you think?

Sounds reasonable to me...lol..but I withhold all judgement and panic regarding the Sox until a week or so after the All Star break. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

All Carp had to do is to hit a grand slam with two guys on, and then when no one was looking, circle the bases again.

LOL Joey.  Unbeknownst to yourself, you've been cracking me up all morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sounds reasonable to me...lol..but I withhold all judgement and panic regarding the Sox until a week or so after the All Star break. :-)

Yeah, I usually stay pretty level headed until we get into August/Sept.. Then I might get slightly emotional without thinking first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I agree with you Geo; I predicted a .500 team, roughly, at the beginning of the season and I am sticking with it despite the fast start. Thats a significant improvement over last year, and if our young pitching propects pan out in a year we could compete for the playoffs and in two we could compete for a ring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Assuming that Carp would have pinch hit a three run homer is quite a leap of faith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I agree with you Geo; I predicted a .500 team, roughly, at the beginning of the season and I am sticking with it despite the fast start. Thats a significant improvement over last year, and if our young pitching propects pan out in a year we could compete for the playoffs and in two we could compete for a ring.

If they play.500 ball from here on out, they will have 86 wins. .530 ball and they have 90. They would have to be about a .470 team the rest of the way to only win 81 games. Id like to think they are better than .470.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

teddy, i watched the game carefully last night...the only thing i saw was a superior team playing at home that benefitted from some errors and an ump who widened the strike zone for the home team...

That's about right.  We have the best record in BB, but Texas is tough to play at.  For some reason, some posters think we are going on the road to face a very good team, put up our #4 and #5 SPs, and that our opponents will collapse at the mere sight of our awesomeness.

I think we're a good 90-win team, but we are still an underdog against good teams on the road.  That's just the way it is.

90 wins would be quite a feat considering last season...i am still sticking with 81....i just dont thimk were that good yet...but def moving in the right direction and if the pitching holds up, then you may be right

Geo, 

I was predicting 75-81 but after the hot start I'm thinking 85-89. I love the start but still think this team still has too many question marks. Again I look at this year and next as rebuilding which I understand in Boston according to some is not allowable, but we had a great run, mistakes were made as no front office is perfect and now is rebuilding time.

Hetch

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If they play.500 ball from here on out, they will have 86 wins. .530 ball and they have 90. They would have to be about a .470 team the rest of the way to only win 81 games. Id like to think they are better than .470.

I think .470 is quite doable by this team. I'd like to think that they are better than that, but I don't believe it. If they are still winning in July I will change my mind. Softy is right on this: its way too early to get too excited about this team's chances of making the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lester needs to win today...1 run in 2 games means it's not all the pitching's fault and he has to be a bit pressured just worrying about giving up 1-2 runs !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think .470 is quite doable by this team. I'd like to think that they are better than that, but I don't believe it. If they are still winning in July I will change my mind. Softy is right on this: its way too early to get too excited about this team's chances of making the playoffs.

I can understand that.

Personally, Im not getting too excited, just encouraged from what Ive seen so far. There are going to be issues that arise and I want to see how those are handled. I like our depth if a couple injuries should accour like they usually do. I am confident they have the talent to win 90 though. We'll see come the ASB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't give Softy any credit.  He's just being sour.  If we had gotten off to a bad start he wouldn't be preaching patience - he'd be ripping everything in sight.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Kimmi, 

I've said the same thing all too many times. So many post on this board the minute we lose a game, any game and have to blame someone. If any team was so good no mistakes were made they'd win 130-140 games but some don't seem to understand the other teams are trying to win as well.

Ells had one great year but he's still a table setter for the power guys, but with that one great year I guess some expect him to do this every year. Players in MLB can have years where everything comes together and they have a Career Year, then go back to their lifetime norms which is what Ells is doing.

Just a few thoughts, 

Hetch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

mryazz, I must say you are on a roll lately.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

the only thing ms softy is RIGHT about is his politics. WAY RIGHT.

Yazz, 

I respectfully disagree on the Great Soft One. He's beyond WAY RIGHT, he fell off the planet to the RIGHT, what ever that means !!

Cheers,

Hetch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

LOL Joey.  Unbeknownst to yourself, you've been cracking me up all morning.

Whenever I go to a comedy show, should the opportunity avail itself, I always make sure that the comic knows I come from The Bronx.  That's usually worth about 15 minutes of comedic fodder.  Everyone has a Bronx joke in their repertoire.

Some of the posters in here are kind enough to set up their own type of BB-related comedic fodder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

What is a 'pitch hit'?

That's when the pitcher throws the ball and the batter gets hitWink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

How many times must I tell him to pitch hit for dirt bag salty. For Christ's sake why do you have Carp. We would have been leading 4-3. Neither dirt bag or middle100ba or drew should ever hit for themselves when the game is on the line. It is plain stupid. Of course, none of them should be playing. Has salty had a meaningful hit this year?

Fickle again

Hey,

I'm dissapointed that our thread was deleted.  I had some great answers to your questions!

I hope we can move on and have some great baseball discussions, I really do think you are a good poster.Smile

Thx, but thread was not entirely deleted, just in some sort of purgatory, which I couldn't blame the moderators for. (You seem like a good person, and we just have different POVs.) In fact, It appears you made the last response.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/jason-collins/100/6620851?ia=17342796

I did just to see if it would come up but it didn't.  Probably just as well.