Farrell just lost another game for us

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Farrell just lost another game for us

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Lester needs to win today...1 run in 2 games means it's not all the pitching's fault and he has to be a bit pressured just worrying about giving up 1-2 runs !!!

Bats need to wake up too.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to youkillus' comment:

Somebody save this to their hard drive, Geo expects 81 wins, got it. C'mon Geo, pitching and defense is funtastic!

.500 is still 13 games better tha  last year

23 games better is expecting too much...youre drinking the kool aid methinks

I agree with you Geo; I predicted a .500 team, roughly, at the beginning of the season and I am sticking with it despite the fast start. Thats a significant improvement over last year, and if our young pitching propects pan out in a year we could compete for the playoffs and in two we could compete for a ring.

If they play.500 ball from here on out, they will have 86 wins. .530 ball and they have 90. They would have to be about a .470 team the rest of the way to only win 81 games. Id like to think they are better than .470.

I think .470 is quite doable by this team. I'd like to think that they are better than that, but I don't believe it. If they are still winning in July I will change my mind. Softy is right on this: its way too early to get too excited about this team's chances of making the playoffs.

I can understand that.

Personally, Im not getting too excited, just encouraged from what Ive seen so far. There are going to be issues that arise and I want to see how those are handled. I like our depth if a couple injuries should accour like they usually do. I am confident they have the talent to win 90 though. We'll see come the ASB.

this team is easy to root for...and even SDrew doesnt ruffle my feathers too  much because unlike Beckett, he's not a cancer and not signed to a five year contract....no need to sweat it out

86-90 wins would be a very good season

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I think .470 is quite doable by this team. I'd like to think that they are better than that, but I don't believe it. If they are still winning in July I will change my mind. Softy is right on this: its way too early to get too excited about this team's chances of making the playoffs.

Their current record says that they are a .667 team.  You've said many times that a team is exactly as good as its record.  Why does that only apply when the team is playing badly?

I don't expect the team to continue at a .667 pace, but I can certainly see them winning .530 the rest of the way out.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Don't you guys know? It's Ferrel's fault when we lose but he never gets the credit when we win. 

Hey, name a couple of games he won by a brilliant move. I know of six he has lost on his own and I have called it out during the freaking game. He has to have a stomach window to know what is going on and half the time the window is closed and pretty smelly.

So he's blown 6 games, meaning our record should be 26-4.  Maintaining that pace over a full season, would imply that our full-season record would be 140-22.

Do you really think we have the capacity to win 140 games?  Personally, unless WMB and Doubront improve their production, the best we can hope for is 130 wins, 135 tops.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No manager in the history of MLB would satisfy some of these Monday morning QBs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So much for the 5-run HR that Carp was supposed to hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Their current record says that they are a .667 team.  You've said many times that a team is exactly as good as its record.  Why does that only apply when the team is playing badly?

I don't expect the team to continue at a .667 pace, but I can certainly see them winning .530 the rest of the way out.

As of right now they are doing very well-they are the best team in baseball, or close to it. When we start talking about expectations for the future, you indicated that you expect that they will not continue to play .667 baseball. Neither do I. Where we differ is in our expectations for future performance, and I can see .470 baseball, given this roster, more than .530 baseball. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Don't you guys know? It's Ferrel's fault when we lose but he never gets the credit when we win. 

Hey, name a couple of games he won by a brilliant move. I know of six he has lost on his own and I have called it out during the freaking game. He has to have a stomach window to know what is going on and half the time the window is closed and pretty smelly.

Please. The Red Sox are 20-11. Why? Good team and good manager.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

No manager in the history of MLB would satisfy some of these Monday morning QBs.

Agreed 100% Moon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

putting mortenson in the 9th inning was a dumb move and ultimately cost us the game. hanrahan should have been brought in to pitch the 9th, if it goes to extras, then use mortenson. not complicated. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Walking Berkman to face Beltre was questionable.  Batting Salty for Ciriaco made no sense at all.  Using Mortensen in the ninth was logical. You want to keep Hanrahan for a possible save situation.   Anyway , I had the sense that the Sox were not going to score again , even if it went twenty innings. Their offense was pitiful throughout this series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Farrell waits to long to decide to take out a pitcher Lester was out of gas after 6. Just like his mentor his thought process is that he can squeeze another inning but just like his mentor he's wrong! Not pinch running for Papi in the 8th inning was just stupid. Hanrahan warming up in between bottom of 8th inning and the start of the home half of the ninth in comes Mortenson? What the heck is Farrell smoking because I need me several bags of that stuff. I'm not trying to cherry pick but these are the facts. Send mortenson back to the little leagues and bring up another lefty Rowland-Ryan Smith has been untouchable at Pawtucket, maybe Breslow is ready. To many righties in this pen and only Miller from the left side. Also while I'm ranting please send Doubrant to the DL and get Webster back up to the bigs,ASAP!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i defended JF yesterday in this thread but I do believe yesterday's loss was on him....Lester was losing gas and accuracy and yet he left him in to start the inning and kept him there until they tied is....is Hanrahan crippled? why is he not out there facing the best team in MLB?  Morteson? deciding to pitch to Beltre?

yea this is on the manager...with a little bit of proactive pitching and hitting moves, we couldve won this game...shades of francona...a day late and a dollar short w/all the moves

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

i defended JF yesterday in this thread but I do believe yesterday's loss was on him....Lester was losing gas and accuracy and yet he left him in to start the inning and kept him there until they tied is....is Hanrahan crippled? why is he not out there facing the best team in MLB?  Morteson? deciding to pitch to Beltre?

yea this is on the manager...with a little bit of proactive pitching and hitting moves, we couldve won this game...shades of francona...a day late and a dollar short w/all the moves

Bailey is injured and Tazawa and Uehara are getting burned out...what was your pitching plan from the 6th inning on?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Ellsbury is not going to come close to getting his 20M per deal. Sorry, but hes more like a 14-16M guy without the power. And now without a high BA and OBP, hes not even worth that.

They hit theball hard last night a number of times. Problem is, they went right at someone. Also, it seems the Kzone changed a bit for texas. just sayin.

This could be a good thing for those of us who want "the reverse pivot man" back.  I wonder how either he or JBJ feels about playing a corner OF position. 

I'm not usually one to complain about "Home jobs" from umps but IMO the home vs. away splits for the umps has been ridiculous in this series. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that in both games the umps have given a Rangers player an "extra" strike with two outs and in both situations that player has delivered a two-run-scoring hit in that AB.  I'm not making excuses for the loss - the Sox haven't scored enough runs to win - but the losses (and the ERA's)  shouldn't have looked as bad as they did.   

The ump also gave Pedroia a walk ahead of Ortiz in the ninth Sun--the pitch clearly  painted the corner, no matter Ortiz grounded out--just before the Ranger walk-off. Calls even out if you are patient--not always to ones liking.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Bailey is injured and Tazawa and Uehara are getting burned out...what was your pitching plan from the 6th inning on?

Who's call is it to put someone on the DL???? Bailey hasn't pitched in 6 days--we are 6 pitchers in the pen and one short reliever--Wilson is shot after Fri.--so for Sat & Sun--againt a tough team, you are down to 5 relievers and a one inning closer.

BenC is trying to look calm and cool in his TV interview--when he should have acted like a GM and stuck Bailey on the DL Tuesday night when Bailey was twiddleing his thumbs in Toronto then again Fri. after Wilson throws 2 2/3 and is done for the weekend in Texas. Things like that and his unwillingness to part with minor leaguers or ML that are not high quality enough players to help. EX--Salty--great guy but not the catcher or hitter they need. Become "Trader Ben" like "Trader Billy"--at least be on the phone looking for players--even if you are just  talking to Theo.

Minn. is going to come in looking for a sweep---we've got 2,3 and 4 starters. I'm good with Buch and Dempster---I'm looking for Webster on Wed in place of Doubie. Let Doubie know his efforts have not been good enough and stick him in the pen for a couple of turns.