2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Farrell v. Valentine

Thank you selenium.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to selenium's comment:

How many of us would read either article and go down to the local pub, to the office, or elsewhere to vent how much we hate Jon Lester. Should we let a few words uttered during an interview ruin our compassion for the game and hopes for the coming season? Wouldn't it make Georom and ADG better fans if they read less. Do you hate family members because they misspoke several times, must they be perfect.  Of course not and neither does Georom. As Moonslav said; Geo comes here for comic relief. But Geo does it 24/7 which would indicate that he is pretending / trolling. He enjoys creating conflict, stirring the pot, and annoying Red Sox fans. It doesn't sound at all like a Red Sox fan to me.

Sounds like you.

How did that post, that had nothing abusive in it get removed and yet Triumph is still here with his one-line insult routine? A Yankee troll marches on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This whole idea that when a player doesn't do well they deserve to be abused is something I don't get. I don't believe any player goes out on the field intending to perform badly. I'm sure they are just as upset as anyone else -- if not more. The fact that some "fans" feel they should be ashamed and apologetic is ridiculous. They do the best they can. There's no way a guy who has dedicated his entire life to baseball and perfecting his craft goes out in front of millions of fans and just says "I don't care what happens", which is the impression I get from posts like this. 

I hope Lester does not become Geo's new "Beckett" obsession.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

This whole idea that when a player doesn't do well they deserve to be abused is something I don't get. I don't believe any player goes out on the field intending to perform badly. I'm sure they are just as upset as anyone else -- if not more. The fact that some "fans" feel they should be ashamed and apologetic is ridiculous. They do the best they can. There's no way a guy who has dedicated his entire life to baseball and perfecting his craft goes out in front of millions of fans and just says "I don't care what happens", which is the impression I get from posts like this. 

So this should be like little league and reward players on effort?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I can't possibly express the breath of fresh air Farrell provides in comparison to his predecessor!  Yes!  Bobby V. never had a chance coming into the dysfunction of the 2012 team, but it is beyond arguable whether or not he made a bad situation far worse.  Bobby V's time had long since come and gone.  Not only did he command zero respect, but he was a clown to boot.  The clownish bobby v show became a joke within weeks of STing & got progressively worse as the season dragged on.  A constant barrage of self-inflicted, foot in the mouth comments ALL YEAR LONG sealed the deal on a disasterous season.  Perhaps no manager could have brought last year's team together, but bobby v was so obviously one of the biggest clowns in a circus show.

As for this season, Farrell is the one guy in this organization who gives me hope.  I guess we will find out pretty soon whether or not the respect factor, which he so obviously commands, translates to winning on the field?  We will see whether or not the trust and admiration factor Farrell brings can yeild dividends on the field??? 

Two things are certain!

1)  The clown factor is GONE!  & that can't be anything but a positive!!!

2)  Having a manager that the players admire, respect, and trust is always a good thing!

Now.....  Will this be enough to spur the SR to pitch up to & perhaps beyond their capabilities???  We shall see....  I'm praying it makes a difference.  Will the respect, trust, and admiration these players have for Farrell help this team to gel, & help the hodgepodge of new second tier guys step up & play at a high level???  It certainly can't hurt!

I personally think Farrell is the perfect manager for this rebuilding / bridge year / years era!  I think he's the key to getting to most out of our guys!  Whatever the case may be, I'm excited to watch :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I personally think Farrell is the perfect manager for this rebuilding / bridge year / years era!  I think he's the key to getting to most out of our guys!  Whatever the case may be, I'm excited to watch :)

No matter what else happens, I am taking off opening day to watch the game in the local pub.  For people that love the game, and love their team, everything starts anew on opening day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

You seriously need to go outside and get some fresh air.   LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

And you seriously need to put me on ignore. I'm not your cup of tea, apparently, and it's probably not going to change. Why torture yourself?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

And you seriously need to put me on ignore. I'm not your cup of tea, apparently, and it's probably not going to change. Why torture yourself?

Don't worry, I am not torturing myself.   :)

Speaking of tea, it sounds like you could use some.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What's wrong with the Francona Club Med style of Managing?  It led to 2 WS rings.

It could be argued that the loss of Farrell was part of the reason the team fell apart in 2011.  But the 2011 collapse had many causes.