Farrell v. Valentine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Farrell v. Valentine

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

This whole idea that when a player doesn't do well they deserve to be abused is something I don't get. I don't believe any player goes out on the field intending to perform badly. I'm sure they are just as upset as anyone else -- if not more. The fact that some "fans" feel they should be ashamed and apologetic is ridiculous. They do the best they can. There's no way a guy who has dedicated his entire life to baseball and perfecting his craft goes out in front of millions of fans and just says "I don't care what happens", which is the impression I get from posts like this. 

I hope Lester does not become Geo's new "Beckett" obsession.

You seriously need to go outside and get some fresh air.   LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

This whole idea that when a player doesn't do well they deserve to be abused is something I don't get. I don't believe any player goes out on the field intending to perform badly. I'm sure they are just as upset as anyone else -- if not more. The fact that some "fans" feel they should be ashamed and apologetic is ridiculous. They do the best they can. There's no way a guy who has dedicated his entire life to baseball and perfecting his craft goes out in front of millions of fans and just says "I don't care what happens", which is the impression I get from posts like this. 

And you seriously need to put me on ignore. I'm not your cup of tea, apparently, and it's probably not going to change. Why torture yourself?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

And you seriously need to put me on ignore. I'm not your cup of tea, apparently, and it's probably not going to change. Why torture yourself?

Don't worry, I am not torturing myself.   :)

Speaking of tea, it sounds like you could use some.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What's wrong with the Francona Club Med style of Managing?  It led to 2 WS rings.

It could be argued that the loss of Farrell was part of the reason the team fell apart in 2011.  But the 2011 collapse had many causes.

Sections
Shortcuts