Farrell/Webster & Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Farrell/Webster & Jays

I'm gone from here for a while.  I just can't take some of the nonsense.  I need a break.

I'm just real tired of all the phony monday morning quarterbacks who really don't have a clue.

For the 'normal' friends I have here, it amazes me that you guys haven't had a meltdown yet.  To you, I wish you the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'd say Bailey is now Cherington's problem.  His last 1-2-3 inning was on April 24.  They keep giving him opportunities and he keeps blowing them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teamguy. Show teamguy's posts

Buccholz out since the 8th and now Lester with a tweak.

theres even more pressure on lackey and dempster now.  l think its a better rotation with Aceves starting regularly until buch is 100%.  At least that gives you some cushion for the inconsistency you can see from Lester and lackey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to teamguy's comment:

theres even more pressure on lackey and dempster now.  l think its a better rotation with Aceves starting regularly until buch is 100%.  At least that gives you some cushion for the inconsistency you can see from Lester and lackey.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! THATS WHAT A CLOSER IS SUPPOSED TO DO, BIG WIN GUYS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm gone from here for a while.  I just can't take some of the nonsense.  I need a break.

I'm just real tired of all the phony monday morning quarterbacks who really don't have a clue.

For the 'normal' friends I have here, it amazes me that you guys haven't had a meltdown yet.  To you, I wish you the best.

It was nice here while you were gone. You should do it more often.

[/QUOTE]

What has amp ever done to deserve this b--- s---?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What inconsistency from Lackey? Lackey's last eight starts:

6 IP, 0 ER
    7 IP, 0 ER
    6 IP, 3 ER
    6 IP, 1 ER
    5.2 IP, 4 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER

Seems to me, Lackey has been very consistent -- all year in fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What has amp ever done to deserve this b--- s---?

ampoule is a really good contributor here.  I think mjagger's problems with him are all because of l-r splits, the political kind. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

Alfredo is a problem child and I bet that's why NY wanted nothing to do with him.  This is pure speculation but I wonder if the Sox promised to keep I'm in the starters role and explore trades with destinations that would give I'm thatopportunity....I say he's goes by the all starbreak.

It would be a mistake to trade Aceves. In fact, i believe he should be starting tonight. He's earned it; Webster hasn't. And no, i will not apologize to Farrell.

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing...Aceves has been lights out...Webster is nowhere near ready to start...at least we won despite the fact we started Webster and pitched bailey...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I hope you rethink this.  We all go through this at one time or another, when the naysayers and  "nattering nabobs of negativism" get to us.  Please take a deep breath, then put yourself on the three-day-disabled-list for an emotional adjustment.

You're a good, level headed contributor and I, for one, would hate to see you leave. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

June 28 start for Webster:

6 IP/ 4 RUNS ON 6 HITS.

Not Bad, we've seen worse from veterans like Beckett and Wakefield in the past.

How about that apology to Farrell ,craze4sox?

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Aceves, I won't argue that he can be a starter.  I still think and I'd be willing to bet he's trade bait.  I'll concede I could lose this bet if a few starters go down, otherwise I think he top brass want him gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

6 IP/ 4 RUNS ON 6 HITS.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

Your funny ZILL, Webster is clearly not ready to start and Farrell once again put Bailey in with a one run lead so what should I aplogize for?

It's a good thing our team can hit!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you Blue Jays for sweeping the O's last week.  And thank you for allowing Farrell to pursue his "dream job".  Now be prepared to get swept by us.  So much for your 11-game winning streak.   LOL   Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's not get all excited about Aceves. He is not all that good. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

6 IP/ 4 RUNS ON 6 HITS.

Is this a joke?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Well, sometimes he is and sometimes he isn't.  He's kinda like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.  You never know what you're going to get until you try one.  He's the guy who might give you seven good innings as a starter or might give you a good inning as a reliever.  Or he might not.

Right now he's "insurance".  He's a pitcher with proven ML experience who might give you a good outing, which is more than you can say for most of those guys pitching in Pawtucket. 

Of course, he's also a head case which means you never know for sure which AA is going to show up.  Thus far he's done everything that can be asked when being called up so I'd hold onto him at least for a while.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Webster may not have thrown a gem, but , he clearly put the team in position to win the game....which they did.

How is Farrell's judgement wrong for giving a promising prospect a chance to gain experience and confidence by pitching (reasonably) well in an early season game?

If you don't throw these kids into the fire, they never learn to adapt to the pressure.

Farrell , once again shows why is is a MLB manager and the posters here are not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I think he just got lit up in AAA last night...

Some mentioned him as trade bait. I think he stays since he and Webster are the only starting depth they have right now. Unless they think Workman is ready for a start, but he was just recently promoted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

What inconsistency from Lackey? Lackey's last eight starts:

6 IP, 0 ER
    7 IP, 0 ER
    6 IP, 3 ER
    6 IP, 1 ER
    5.2 IP, 4 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER

Seems to me, Lackey has been very consistent -- all year in fact.

[/QUOTE]

The guys that post things like that are not real RS fans.  He might be a casual fan, and there is nothing wrong with that.  But even the most modest of the fanatics would have had a good inkling of how well Lackey has been pitching.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

When the good posters leave, the drama kings and queens win.  You need to stay and contribute.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Webster may not have thrown a gem, but , he clearly put the team in position to win the game....which they did.

How is Farrell's judgement wrong for giving a promising prospect a chance to gain experience and confidence by pitching (reasonably) well in an early season game?

If you don't throw these kids into the fire, they never learn to adapt to the pressure.

Farrell , once again shows why is is a MLB manager and the posters here are not.

I'd say it was spot-on what I was looking for.  He pitched 4 scoreless, then weakened.  He just needs to be stretched a tiny bit to be able to give a QS on a regular basis.  Expecting anything more from your minor league #6 is a bit far-fetched, it's actually been a few years since we even had this good an option in the minors.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Webster didn't pitch well enough to be kept in there for another inning. Bailey pitched better but hasn't changed anything as far as I can see. If he faces 3 batters and gives up the HR to Encar--tough luck--I don't feel sorry for him; he has been pitching no better than Mort and Mort was DFA'd.

The guy I really feel sorry for is RDLR--pitching very competitively the last several outings: 0 runs in roughly 11-12 inn--11-12 K's , no BB's that in his last two outings. There must be a reason --perhaps he has to stay down for 10 days--just like WMB. Who , by the way, does not deserve to see the light of day in the majors until he can show some progress over an extended period.