Farrell's Coaching Staff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Farrell's Coaching Staff

Who do you think it will consist of?  I know he is high on Brian Butterfield, might he be the bench coach? What about our next pitching and hitting coaches?  Might we get the guy from the Rangers?  Will Tuck come back to the bullpen? 

What are your predictions?

I'm HOPING the Sox hire Ausmus as the Bench Coach and Rick Peterson as the Pitching coach.

I'm guessing either Bogar or Butterfield is named Bench Coach and we hire a no name PC.

I have no clue about the rest of the hires.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Farrell's Coaching Staff

I wonder if Demarlo Hale would come back as Bench Coach or Base Coach?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I Imagine the Manager will hire HIS staff, not the Sox FO...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Maybe Farrell will hire Bobby Valentine as his bench coach...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Would it make sense for the RS to have Tek be on the bench somehow.  If he had his hands in calling all or parts of the game would be a good thing.  Maybe even helping with the pitching staff.  He and Farrell must of had a pretty good relationship before, why not now?  While I am at it I only hope he gets to put his own staff in place.  No excuses...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to never1954's comment:

Would it make sense for the RS to have Tek be on the bench somehow.  If he had his hands in calling all or parts of the game would be a good thing.  Maybe even helping with the pitching staff.  He and Farrell must of had a pretty good relationship before, why not now?  While I am at it I only hope he gets to put his own staff in place.  No excuses...

Im sure Tek will have a lot of interaction and involment with both players and the maganer/coaches. Its probably the best move for him to be in the position hes in now. He can still spend time with the family and learn the other side of the busines as well. In another couple years, maybe make a move once hes got his feet wet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I read that Farrell asked Tuck to be his bench coach when he was hired in Toronto, so maybe a change in roles for Tuck.

I like the idea of having Ausmus on board in some capacity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to notin's comment:

+2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

Notin, 

Now you're being a smartazz. They should hire from within the Globe's comment section. I nominate Bill806 and his buddy Idiots2004. 

Kidding most likely !!

Best choice for me in any capacity, V-Tek

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Notin, 

Now you're being a smartazz. They should hire from within the Globe's comment section. I nominate Bill806 and his buddy Idiots2004. 

Kidding most likely !!

Best choice for me in any capacity, V-Tek

Hetch

Or SHUCKS, again I am so humbled   !!!!  Idio will be my bench coach, Forrest FORREST GUMP, pitching coach, and Jenny JENNY DELL THE STRENGTH COACH !!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I suspect Farrell took the job with the understanding he would have final say on the coaches.  He would be smart to hire at least one guy with Red Sox connections.  It's time to shake things up though.  BV got things started.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to notin's comment: Maybe Farrell will hire Bobby Valentine as his bench coach...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From MLBTraderumors.com:

There are suggestions that first base coach Torey Lovullo, third base coach Brian Butterfield, and extra coach Luis Rivera may now follow Farrell to the Red Sox, writesShi Davidi of Sportsnet.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

It's not about the Staff, it's about the players the GM brings in and ships out. Most Red Sox fans are so gullable. Simply hiring a new manager every year is how easy it is to change the narrative from the real problem with spending a fortune on big labor and getting loser baseball for nearly a half a decade.

With all the posts here abut what we need to do to improve the team I would think that you would have realized that we do understand the team needs improving as well. But once again, this is your schtick...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

The most important hire will be the pitching coach.  I think a great hire would be Orel Hershiser, if they could convince him to leave his cushy broadcasting gig.  Smart, young former pitcher who has kept himself involved in the game since he retired.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

since this organization like to replace former staff with clones (see:  cherrington clone of epstein / farrell clone of tito) they will hire whoever is the pale comparison to who they had 2004-2011....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to notin's comment: Maybe Farrell will hire Bobby Valentine as his bench coach...

I can't decide what's funnier; Notin's statement or your response!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think he should hire Tim Wakefield as Pitching Coach!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I read that Farrell asked Tuck to be his bench coach when he was hired in Toronto, so maybe a change in roles for Tuck.

I like the idea of having Ausmus on board in some capacity.

that mmight be good, but optimistic, if hes in line for a mgr job, why would he come in under farrell. should have hired him maybe in the first place

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure why everyone is talking as if Ben C and LL decide who the coaches are. Thats up to John Farrell.

I understand they did it last year for BV, But that wasnt the normal way its done. JF will pick his staff, not the FO.

Ive read Gary Tucks name (who was asked by Farrell to be bench coach in Toronto), Lovullo, Riviera, and Butterfield (the 3 that were with him in Tonronto).

JF will have the final say on who HIS coaches are.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

The most important hire will be the pitching coach.  I think a great hire would be Orel Hershiser, if they could convince him to leave his cushy broadcasting gig.  Smart, young former pitcher who has kept himself involved in the game since he retired.

I would like this too.

I've been promoting him all along.

• Sections
    Shortcuts