Favorite All Star Game moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Favorite All Star Game moment

My favorite moment of the All Star Game was when Adrian Gonzalez hit a Home Run over the power alley in Right field off a Halladay pitch that missed over the center of the plate right after Tim McCarver said A) Adrian Gonzalez is hitting a lot of balls to left field and B) Halladay never misses over the center of the plate.  He'll miss to the inside or to the outside, but never missed over the center of the plate.

I have never seen a sport announcer miss as much as Tim McCarver. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Favorite All Star Game moment

Kruk vs Big Unit 1993

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

1999 Fenway Park all the greats meeting Teddy...

2002 Bud Selig scrathing his hair piece trying to figure out the extra innings of the game and what to do...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

When I turned off the Fox feed and didn't have to listen to McCarver anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Pete Rose smashing into Ray Fosse.

Hey , the guy was ahead of his time...he played the game as if it "really counts" even though back then, it didn't. But, after the introductions are over, why play a game if you aren't going to play at full speed ahead?

Rose was criticized for this , but Pete only knew one way to play the game. The lesson should have been vote for All Stars, and then don't play a meaningless game in midseason when teams can least afford to lose supertstar players, especially a game involving only "star" players.

But instead the lesson is , if people will pay money to see it, play it. Who cares if guys get hurt?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Watching Bellsbury strike out twice in his first and last All-Star ABs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I can't stand the guy, but Shaughnessy called Gonzalez' HR. Did it in print. Kudos for that you curly haired goof.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Didn't AGON homer off of Cliff Lee, not Halladay? fav moment was Yaz homering off Seaver in 75 game. in his baseball cap after asking umpire if he cared that he wasn't wearing a helmet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Pedro in '99 5 K's in 2 innings, 2nd inning ending on stikeout em out throw em out DP, all in Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts