Feats of Mookie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Feats of Mookie

Mookie Betts continue to shine in AAA. Tonight he is 3 for 4, 3 runs scored, an RBI. His average is
    now at .341 and his OPS is over .900.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Feats of Mookie

Mookie Betts is really really good at baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

THose are big feats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Let Mookie bat leadoff:

Betts/ Bradley, Holt, Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap, Nava, Xander, AJ, Drew/Herrera

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

All the Pawsox players had a good game last night.  I think even the bat boy got a hit.  Ryan Roberts is heating up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    PawSox @PawSox  ·  20m
    The PawSox add OF Andres Torres to their roster and send OF Shannon Wilkerson to Portland. Torres starts in CF. Mookie Betts in RF tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let Mookie bat leadoff:

[/QUOTE]

I would play Napoli only against LH pitching, and Drew only against RH pitching. Either way, still missing a big bat behind Ortiz against RH pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mookie Betts continue to shine in AAA. Tonight he is 3 for 4, 3 runs scored, an RBI. His average is

[/QUOTE]

I would keep this kid at all costs, he's still perfect playing the OF and continues to hit very well.  If our FO liked Bogy they must be thrilled to watch this kid develop so quickly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

I told you all this kid will be our mini Trout for the next 10 years. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would keep this kid at all costs, he's still perfect playing the OF and continues to hit very well.  If our FO liked Bogy they must be thrilled to watch this kid develop so quickly.

[/QUOTE]

The FO liked Bogey enough to move him from a position he worked hard at for a guy hitting 0-24.  The most impressive thing about Xander is he is built like a power hitter and even though he is in a funk at the moment, he has the weight and swing to be a power hitter.

I was a little shocked to see how small Mookie is.  As well as he is doing, playing in the parent club is a different animal.  I hope they don't rush this kid, september will be soon enough or right after the fire sale.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let Mookie bat leadoff:

[/QUOTE]

I would play Napoli only against LH pitching, and Drew only against RH pitching. Either way, still missing a big bat behind Ortiz against RH pitching.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree but if someone could convince Nap and Xander  and Drew to go to the opposite field and not try to pull everything we would not have any offensive woes. There is so much power wasted trying to "pull " every pitch it gets me crazy.

It's too discouraging to watch. It's like no batting coach is watching these guys. Gomes is futile, Drew is ridiculous, Xander for a young guy with power--it's a sad commentary. I've been saying for two years Nap just doesn't watch the ball to contact.

Mookie knows how to get on base and should be at the top of the order. Holt knows how to move runners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

I told you all this kid will be our mini Trout for the next 10 years. 

I'm a fan of Mookie Betts, but Red Sox fans should temper their expectations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Garin C was the big star down there tonight.  He hit a grand slam and with power.  He is quickly losing his bambi look and has a fierce determination on his face.

Monty did the color on the Pawsox game.  Good to see him and I always loved him doing games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Bring him up!  We need guys who can hit in the worst way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bring him up!  We need guys who can hit in the worst way.

[/QUOTE]

The pawsox game was on nesn with a night off for the sox, so hopefully the right people were watching.  Yes, we need hitters and the pawsox guys have been lighting up this week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There's a good chance these youngsters make the 25 man roster next year:

7 Sure or near sure: Bogaerts, Holt, de la Rosa, Workman, JBJ, Vazquez, Middy

4 Probable: Betts, Ranaudo, Britton, Webster

10 Maybe at some point in 2015: Cecchini, Swihart, Owens, Barnes, Marrero,  Coyle, T Shaw, Ramos, Wilson, Ramirez

That's 21!

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Feats don't fail me now."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garin C was the big star down there tonight.  He hit a grand slam and with power.  He is quickly losing his bambi look and has a fierce determination on his face.

Monty did the color on the Pawsox game.  Good to see him and I always loved him doing games.

[/QUOTE]

Based on what? one game?

Garin has a .263/.340/.343 stat line in Pawtucket this year with only 3 HR's and in the last 10 games he is batting .235/.278/.382 with only 3 homeruns.

I wouldn't exactly say he is doing anything to show he is shaking off the no power label based on a 1-4 performance with one big hit in one big game.  

I like Garin, and think he is going to be a good MLB regular, but I think people should temper their expectations for now, especially seeing how his defense at 3rd has been pedestrian by all accounts. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not sure anyone w/ the name Mookie can ever be embraced in Boston but we'll see........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Cecchini can get on base like he has throughout the minors, I don't care about lack of power. I do care about defense, but maybe hiding him in Fenway's LF or maybe eventually DH once Papi leaves or maybe 1B after 2016 could lessen that part of his game. He's also young enough to improve his defense.

sox prospects dropped him to 7th (from 4th) with Betts, Owens, Swihart, Webster, Ranaudo and barnes ahead of him, but I'd list our top 15 prospects like this:

1) Betts

2) Owens

3) Ranaudo

4) Cecchini

5) Swihart

6) Devers

7) Vazquez

8) Marrero

9) Webster

10) Johnson

11) Barnes

12) Margot

13) Rijo

14) L Diaz

15) Coyle

7) Dev

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Cecchini can get on base like he has throughout the minors, I don't care about lack of power. I do care about defense, but maybe hiding him in Fenway's LF or maybe eventually DH once Papi leaves or maybe 1B after 2016 could lessen that part of his game. He's also young enough to improve his defense.

sox prospects dropped him to 7th (from 4th) with Betts, Owens, Swihart, Webster, Ranaudo and barnes ahead of him, but I'd list our top 15 prospects like this:

1) Betts

2) Owens

3) Ranaudo

4) Cecchini

5) Swihart

6) Devers

7) Vazquez

8) Marrero

9) Webster

10) Johnson

11) Barnes

12) Margot

13) Rijo

14) L Diaz

15) Coyle

7) Dev

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I saw an interview w/ Cecchini this Spring.  He seems like a punk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

1) Betts

2) Owens

3) Ranaudo

4) Cecchini

5) Swihart

6) Devers

7) Vazquez

8) Marrero

9) Webster

10) Johnson

11) Barnes

12) Margot

13) Rijo

14) L Diaz

15) Coyle

7) Dev

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Moon - I like the list. I would question Webster being ahead of Johnson but that is semantics. Also, Coyle being so far down the list, but maybe the size and with 2014 being a potential break out year. We shall see. 

The key point is: get out the dead wood.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Betts

2) Owens

3) Ranaudo

4) Cecchini

5) Swihart

6) Devers

7) Vazquez

8) Marrero

9) Webster

10) Johnson

11) Barnes

12) Margot

13) Rijo

14) L Diaz

15) Coyle

7) Dev

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I saw an interview w/ Cecchini this Spring.  He seems like a punk.

[/QUOTE]

Really? can you please elaborate?  Everything I've ever heard about him is how good his baseball makeup is.  I've heard him on the Soxprospects podcasts, I've heard them rave about him, same thing on Dennis and Callahan, Jim Calis, Keith Law, the Sox front office....literally every single person in the baseball know world raves about this kids coachability and baseball makeup, the all powerful debbie downer Andrew Mitch seems to be the only guy in the world who thinks he's a punk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Garin Thugs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Betts

2) Owens

3) Ranaudo

4) Cecchini

5) Swihart

6) Devers

7) Vazquez

8) Marrero

9) Webster

10) Johnson

11) Barnes

12) Margot

13) Rijo

14) L Diaz

15) Coyle

7) Dev

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Moon - I like the list. I would question Webster being ahead of Johnson but that is semantics. Also, Coyle being so far down the list, but maybe the size and with 2014 being a potential break out year. We shall see. 

The key point is: get out the dead wood.

[/QUOTE]

Why? based on what?? Webster is putting up stupid good stats a whole level above Johnson and just about every scouting body in America has slapped the high floor/low ceiling tag on Johnson.  Websters pure stuff is indisputably better and he has seemed to have solved his control issues and is doing it a step above Johnson.  I don't think ANYONE would question having Webster above Johnson at this point. 

Sections
Shortcuts