Felix Doubront....he is really claimed by someone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Felix Doubront....he is really claimed by someone

Been a day that I havent heard who was the mystery un-named team that have put a claim on Doubront.  And also was he placed on waiver twice?

Look alike bunch of medias misprinting stories about him.

What is really going on cuz I cant find anything about him in the last 36 hours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Felix Doubront....he is really claimed by someone

I think there's huge possibility that the Dodgers again have put claim on Doubront.  Billingsly is done for the season I think and they need to fill his position for the playoff.  But If Sox don't get over paid for Doub, he's not going and Dodgers have less than 2 days to make decision..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I would think that every team would have put in a claim for Doubront as he is young, very inexpensive and still has lots of upside.

If such a pitcher appeared on the waiver wire and my team was not interested I would be very disappointed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The entire A.L. and much of the N.L. would have to pass before the Dodgers could claim him.  Very doubtful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Senseless letting Doubie go ...

unless there is real value in return.

But arms being what they are ...                                                                                                                            

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im pretty sure he only went on waivers once. Makes no sense to do it twice as they would have to accept the claim the second time and would lose a young, very good, cost-controlled LHP. Im sure he didnt get very far in the AL unless some teams were sleeping at the wheel. No way he would make it to the NL, nevermind all the way to the Dodgers..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Dodgers have a pretty clear shot at Shaun Marcum - we'll probably see that deal announced next.

The Giants would love Cody Ross back, but I doubt he'd make it that far.

I wonder if anybody has claimed Dice-K.  I could see Texas taking a shot at him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Felix Doubront....he is really claimed by someone:

Im pretty sure he only went on waivers once. Makes no sense to do it twice as they would have to accept the claim the second time and would lose a young, very good, cost-controlled LHP. Im sure he didnt get very far in the AL unless some teams were sleeping at the wheel. No way he would make it to the NL, nevermind all the way to the Dodgers..

Exactly.  That was why I am now questioning on this move by Ben C.  

I still cant find the story on whether Doubront was really claimed nor he was placed on waiver twice.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Heck, if I were a GM, ALL of my players would be placed on waivers. Why not test the waters and see what is out there? If the Sox didnt put Gonzalez on waivers, they never would have been able to work the trade they did. If a team puts a claim in on him, why not talk and see what they are willing to give up to get him? If you dont like what you hear, you pull him back and move on.

It also could have been some side thing where BC had talked with another GM who had pieces BC wanted so he put him on waivers in the hopes that he made it to this team and obviously, since no deals are being discussed, he didnt make it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

if this season is shot anyways........why not bring Wakefield back?                     jk

Sections
Shortcuts