Felix the Cat y'all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Felix the Cat y'all

Most solid, dependable guy in the rotation, no?  A month in and the kid just keeps looking better.  He has always had the stuff.  Now he has learned what to do with it.  He is pitching with more savvy every start.  He may hit an innings wall at some point this summer.  But, he has the body to carry through the season for sure.  Assuming he stays healthy, I see no reason why he doesn't get better and better as we go.  It doesn't look to me like he is going to be easy for guys to figure out after seeing him once.  He mixes it up too nicely.  The Cat is for realsies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Felix the Cat y'all

boy, your not kiddin Space. taking 3 from the twinkies was ok but watching Felix do to the whitesox last nite going against the kid that pitched the no no last week was in my opinion the official "houston,we have lift off". I really hope that Bard comes out firing tonite space. we could be looking at getting to .500 before april is up which is a helluva better start than last year, agreed?

holy krap! youk went grand salami to right center field last night. whooooooooouh!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Felix has looked great so far. The kid certainly has composure. I am glad that he was given a chance. Maybe it's time to give some of the other's a shot at the ML level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and to look that good in 37 degree weatherSmile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all:
    [QUOTE]boy, your not kiddin Space. taking 3 from the twinkies was ok but watching Felix do to the whitesox last nite going against the kid that pitched the no no last week was in my opinion the official "houston,we have lift off". I really hope that Bard comes out firing tonite space. we could be looking at getting to .500 before april is up which is a helluva better start than last year, agreed? holy krap! youk went grand salami to right center field last night. whooooooooouh!!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah hammah.  When Mr. Brady starts hitting those opposite field gap lasers, you know his swing is coming around.  good sign.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Felix has looked great so far. The kid certainly has composure. I am glad that he was given a chance. Maybe it's time to give some of the other's a shot at the ML level.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

no doubt jrh.  great composure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Felix the Cat y'all:
    [QUOTE]Most solid, dependable guy in the rotation, no?  A month in and the kid just keeps looking better.  He has always had the stuff.  Now he has learned what to do with it.  He is pitching with more savvy every start.  He may hit an innings wall at some point this summer.  But, he has the body to carry through the season for sure.  Assuming he stays healthy, I see no reason why he doesn't get better and better as we go.  It doesn't look to me like he is going to be easy for guys to figure out after seeing him once.  He mixes it up too nicely.  The Cat is for realsies.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE] i still shudder to think what might have been had his PC been in say the low 70's that Saturday..Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

WHO BOSTON WILL GIVE UP FOR HIM?

Kalish, Middlebrook, Lavarnway, and Iggy.....maybe Barnes, etc too?

Come on, forget it!!

Boston is doing well with three highest paid players on DL.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Most solid, dependable guy in the rotation, no?  A month in and the kid just keeps looking better.  He has always had the stuff.  Now he has learned what to do with it.  He is pitching with more savvy every start.  He may hit an innings wall at some point this summer.  But, he has the body to carry through the season for sure.  Assuming he stays healthy, I see no reason why he doesn't get better and better as we go.  It doesn't look to me like he is going to be easy for guys to figure out after seeing him once.  He mixes it up too nicely.  The Cat is for realsies.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about an innings cap at this point, I'm more worried about the toll he's taking on the bullpen only averaging 5 1/2 innings per start.  Still, no denying that from his quality start last night he raised his ERA to 4.09, which is as good as we could really expect from him in his rookie season.  Hopefully as the season goes on, he'll be more efficient with his pitches.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Felix the Cat y'all : I'm not worried about an innings cap at this point, I'm more worried about the toll he's taking on the bullpen only averaging 5 1/2 innings per start.  Still, no denying that from his quality start last night he raised his ERA to 4.09, which is as good as we could really expect from him in his rookie season.  Hopefully as the season goes on, he'll be more efficient with his pitches.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

No doubt JB.  He is a work in progress.  But, to your point, last night was a great step in the right direction.  Top of the sixth, looked like he might be a little gassed, his control scattershot.  But he settled down, made smart, efficient pitches and got through six with an easy inning.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I always liked dubront papi has been amazing should I /we be giving agon even more credit for influencing him into going to LF more ?  
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

aw man.  now i'm hungry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ZAC! you never cease to amaze me man! lol. I would definately give Agon credit for getting papi to hit to left field. I am really starting to love our line up. especially salty getting into the swing of things. however, that said, will somebody tell jeter to slow down alittle bit. he needs to act his age for cripes sake...sheesh! jk Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all : No doubt JB.  He is a work in progress.  But, to your point, last night was a great step in the right direction.  Top of the sixth, looked like he might be a little gassed, his control scattershot.  But he settled down, made smart, efficient pitches and got through six with an easy inning.  

For sure.  That being said, I'll admit that I was screaming for Bobby V to pull Felix after he allowed a baserunner in the 6th.  At least it worked out this time.

How about Tazawa last night?!  Bringing back the 3 inning save!

3 IP 4K's 2 H

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all : For sure.  That being said, I'll admit that I was screaming for Bobby V to pull Felix after he allowed a baserunner in the 6th.  At least it worked out this time. How about Tazawa last night?!  Bringing back the 3 inning save! 3 IP 4K's 2 H
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

no doubt.  loving taz-mania.  And, jb, i too was a little skittish after the first batter of the sixth.  Felix looked gassed for sure.  But, since Bobby has been much maligned in these hallowed forum pages for erring on the side of letting his guys go too long in the spirit of letting them finish strong, lets give it up for letting the kid do just that.  A really good something-to-grow-on for Felix in April.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all : no doubt.  loving taz-mania.  And, jb, i too was a little skittish after the first batter of the sixth.  Felix looked gassed for sure.  But, since Bobby has been much maligned in these hallowed forum pages for erring on the side of letting his guys go too long in the spirit of letting them finish strong, lets give it up for letting the kid do just that.  A really good something-to-grow-on for Felix in April.  

On the one hand it certainly is a good experience for Felix, but hasn't Bobby learned his lesson yet?  I'd be more annoyed if there was a reliable alternative in the pen (hopefully Taz!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He has very good mound presence and doesnt seem to get to get raddled. He has a good arm motion and looks like its difficult to pick up from opposing batters.

With the bottom 1/3 of Red Sox line-up producing runs early, it enables the pitcher to throw more early count strikes. Sox are on a roll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Been pretty solid but has some control issues, particularly to the guys he shouldn't have a problemn getting out, LH. Perhaps trying to be too fine with them. They hit him pretty well last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Great six innings last night because the cold was clearly affecting him.  I do think we have liftoff, or is the lowest ERA among the five starters, including the esteemed Beckett and Lester, a meaningless stat? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

some of you are amazing

4 starts is not a large enough sample if you are doing poorly (Buck)???

but it's just fine if you are pitching well (Doubrant or even Tazawa)???

Hello...............

Yes, Doubie looks good and as I 've said, I've always been a big fan

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Harry "The Cat" Brecheen got that moniker because he was canny, like a feline.
    That description doesn't seem to fit Doubront. He's a big, strong young man. Maybe he isn't a second "King Felix," but neither is he cat-like.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]some of you are amazing 4 starts is not a large enough sample if you are doing poorly (Buck)??? but it's just fine if you are pitching well (Doubrant or even Tazawa)??? Hello............... Yes, Doubie looks good and as I 've said, I've always been a big fan
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

He's pitching as well as his minor league career numbers indicate he should.  Buch is pitching far outside of his career numbers.  No one is saying Felix will certainly pitch this well all season just that he's been the "best" starter thus far, meanwhile you are advocating for doing away with Buch based on 4 starts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

According to your logic we can judge Tazawa since he has roughly 13-14% of the innings of a typical in-season call-up reliever.

Again, no one is saying he's going to have  a 0 ERA this year, just that he could help stabilize the pen.  Meanwhile you claim that Buch will finish the season with a 9 ERA because small sample size stats are projectable.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

and you want to have it both ways

on the one hand, you say "don't judge Buck based on this season" but on the other hand you want us to judge Taz because of what he has done this season......which one is it - career #'s or today????