Felix the Cat y'all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Felix the Cat y'all

In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all:
    In Response to Felix the Cat y'all : Harry "The Cat" Brecheen got that moniker because he was canny, like a feline. That description doesn't seem to fit Doubront. He's a big, strong young man. Maybe he isn't a second "King Felix," but neither is he cat-like.
    Posted by expitch

No but Felix the cat is a cartoon reference point, and, if it suits you better, I will call him Felix the Big Ol' Slow-hand Cat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

jimedfred started calling him el chato. I kind of like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

and you want to have it both ways on the one hand, you say "don't judge Buck based on this season" but on the other hand you want us to judge Taz because of what he has done this season......which one is it - career #'s or today????
    Posted by andrewmitch

Hmm, could it be because Taz has all of 28 IP in the MLB (and they were mostly pre-TJ surgery) whereas Buchholz has about 500 IP (and he was pretty damn good before his last 4 starts)?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

and you want to have it both ways on the one hand, you say "don't judge Buck based on this season" but on the other hand you want us to judge Taz because of what he has done this season......which one is it - career #'s or today????
    Posted by andrewmitch

Healthy career numbers are best for predicting performance going forward.  Taz was injured in 2009 much like Lackey was injured in 2011.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have much in the way of MLB numbers to go by for a healthy Tazawa.  While we have ~2 full seasons of numbers to go by for Buch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Even with his poor start to this season, he still has a career ERA of 3.89.

You're telling me he's going to post an ERA over double that this year based on 4 starts????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Felix the Cat y'all : No but Felix the cat is a cartoon reference point, and, if it suits you better, I will call him Felix the Big Ol' Slow-hand Cat
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    I'm sure you can be more inventive than relying on a cartoon reference point.

Sections
Shortcuts