Felix..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Felix..

no thread here on how well he pitched...his pitch count is always high but he's still learning...a good choice to give this kid the ball every five days...let's hope Sir Bard can keep it going...

also, better times ahead now that Dice K is ready?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Felix..

In Response to Felix..:
    [QUOTE]no thread here on how well he pitched...his pitch count is always high but he's still learning...a good choice to give this kid the ball every five days...let's hope Sir Bard can keep it going... also, better times ahead now that Dice K is ready?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I was just beaten to the punch on this georom.  Great effort by Felix, exactly what our entire staff needs to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Best part was throwing 107 pitches without disintegrating into a puddle on the mound. Giving up runs late, however, is far better than giving up a bunch early on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Felix..:
    [QUOTE]no thread here on how well he pitched...his pitch count is always high but he's still learning...a good choice to give this kid the ball every five days...let's hope Sir Bard can keep it going... also, better times ahead now that Dice K is ready?
    Fully agree with you on Felix. I like him alot. Maybe his performance has been overshadowed by the lousy showings of Beckett & Buch. Bard seems to be doing much better. As far as Dice K being ready...he got lit up pretty good for 5 earned runs in 5.3 innings last nite in AAA. He needs more time. We already have a couple of pitchers that can pitch like that right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Would like to see him go deeper in games without relying on relievers to throw 3-4 innings in his start, especially that Buchholz pitch the night before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Felix..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Felix.. : Fully agree with you on Felix. I like him alot. Maybe his performance has been overshadowed by the lousy showings of Beckett & Buch. Bard seems to be doing much better. As far as Dice K being ready...he got lit up pretty good for 5 earned runs in 5.3 innings last nite in AAA. He needs more time. We already have a couple of pitchers that can pitch like that right now.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

but as don/jerry said last nite, he was excellent at the start - im thinking fatigue got him....he should be put on the roster and do long relief until he's ready to start...either way it will be good having another arm - i always liked dice even though i understand why folks hate on him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

personally, i like dice-k.

he had 2 GREAT years, 2 bad years and last year he was so-so before going down so in my mind he broke even.. hes too far gone to live up to his contract now but getiing a few months of production from him could be HUGE down the stretch. in september EVERY pitcher was worn out. a fresh arm would have been a fantastic boost last year and we never got it.

idk about dice-k as middle/long relief. he throws too many balls IMO. he would give my pops a heart attack pitching relief LOL. it would be nice to get bard back to the BP though and lose fat albers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Did not get to SEE last night's game, but results look great !
    However, looks like a LOT of pitches for only three hits allowed in 6 innings + pitched.
    Were they fouling him off , or just a lot of close but out of zone stuff ?
    Did he look tired or just start to really lose it location-wise ?

Overall I still think El Chato is a future ace, not like Pedro but still capable of 18-20 wins once confidence fully gained.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I am hoping for some positive outings from Dice-K, but I am also waiting for you guys to begin ripping into him the moment he fails. It's amazing how some players get nitpicked to death but others are a sign of good things to come.

Dice-K's style of pitching is not suited well for the AL-East at all and truly hope he can come up and help this team. But watching this guy pitch is like pulling teeth, everything has to be dramatic and to the wire.

"i always liked dice even though i understand why folks hate on him"
    SAY WHAT!!!!? really, really? I have been trying to say this to you and others for weeks about A-Gon and you never got it, the irony is hysterical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]I am hoping for some positive outings from Dice-K, but I am also waiting for you guys to begin ripping into him the moment he fails. It's amazing how some players get nitpicked to death but others are a sign of good things to come. Dice-K's style of pitching is not suited well for the AL-East at all and truly hope he can come up and help this team. But watching this guy pitch is like pulling teeth, everything has to be dramatic and to the wire. "i always liked dice even though i understand why folks hate on him" SAY WHAT!!!!? really, really? I have been trying to say this to you and others for weeks about A-Gon and you never got it, the irony is hysterical.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

free??? i may have criticized him a bit during this last coma he was in but i like agon, ive said it a million times, i liked his signing....maybe youre thinking of someone else?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Felix.. : but as don/jerry said last nite, he was excellent at the start - im thinking fatigue got him....he should be put on the roster and do long relief until he's ready to start...either way it will be good having another arm - i always liked dice even though i understand why folks hate on him

Putting him on the roster for long relief makes sense. I agree that we could use another arm...as soon as possible.