Fenway fest for AL West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Fenway fest for AL West

After opening an 11-game homestand by splitting four games with the Houston Astros, the Red Sox will host two more AL West clubs at Fenway Park this week, facing C.J. Wilson, Jered Weaver, Garrett Richards, Matt Shoemaker, Felix Hernandez, Chris Young and Roenis Elias/Hisashi Iwakuma in seven games against the Los Angeles Angels and Seattle Mariners. 

Tough matchups, but the Sox have an opportunity to play the spoiler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Fenway fest for AL West

I remember when King Felix was like Stanton to Sox fans on this board.  

"There is no try.  Do or Don't"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oakland just coughed up first place, and have lost 5 in a row..... I bet Cespedes could have helped them.

[/QUOTE]

This is a good post, if only because it points out the old conundrum of building a team.  Which is more important?  A stud pitcher who only goes out every five days or a middle of the order hitter who hits for power?

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oakland just coughed up first place, and have lost 5 in a row..... I bet Cespedes could have helped them.

[/QUOTE]

right.   Cepedes is now helping boston offense, but now pitching is the problem lately.  Before that was the offense, and pitching was great.

Well, i am sure that Ben C will realize that not all rookies or young vet like Workman will be part of the five starting pitching rotation.  Ben may need to try bringing back Lester and sign another talent pitcher like Shield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Hill, I'll be there on Saturday to watch the hometown nine take on your Mariners. Your boys have had a decent season so far. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Hill, I'll be there on Saturday to watch the hometown nine take on your Mariners. Your boys have had a decent season so far. 

Have a great time regardless of the game's outcome. Seattle's projected starter is veteran righthander Chris Young, who sports an ERA of 3.07 with a 12-6 record.

The Mariners, who are currently in a virual tie for the second Wild Card slot with a 67-57 record, have been somewhat unlucky according to their Pythagorean record of 74-50 based on a run differential of +96, the second best in baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Chris Young is having a great year for the Mariners.  I though he retired years ago.   lol  

As for the A's, they are struggling at the worst time.  Losing three out of four to the Royals and then getting swept by the Braves. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Fenway Fest  = Fenway Festivus.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts