Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge

Just my opinion but the Sox have some question marks here and should have been a bit more active then they seem to be.
    I would have gone out and signed Michael Cuddyer for RF and the fact he is a great clubhouse guy ala Pedroia makes it a no brainer and bonus he can play 1st to  if Gonzales needs a day off.
    Then I would have gone out and signed Bell or Madson for my closer. And Posted a legit offer for Yu Darvish to bolster the rotation. You need Pitching (see 2011 season).

Add to it that Fenway turns 100, MLB's most storied ball park and I say most beautiful... and I have been to most others and I am seriously upset they are not putting in my opinion a world serries capable winner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge

In Response to Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge:
    Just my opinion but the Sox have some question marks here and should have been a bit more active then they seem to be. I would have gone out and signed Michael Cuddyer for RF and the fact he is a great clubhouse guy ala Pedroia makes it a no brainer and bonus he can play 1st to  if Gonzales needs a day off. Then I would have gone out and signed Bell or Madson for my closer. And Posted a legit offer for Yu Darvish to bolster the rotation. You need Pitching (see 2011 season). Add to it that Fenway turns 100, MLB's most storied ball park and I say most beautiful... and I have been to most others and I am seriously upset they are not putting in my opinion a world serries capable winner.
    Posted by DaBlade

Thats why you are here and they are there.Thats my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Cheap ownership?  Go root for the Pirates.  

Your suggested moves would put the payroll well over 200 million, be real.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We spent big in 2009 and 2010. If the pockets are somewhat empty this year, so be it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Darvish will require a posting fee of $50 mil. and then you'll need another $60 mil. to sign him long term. RS have been burnt on such dealings with Dice-k.

A few moves will be made but  they really don't have more than $10 mil. to play with. Aren't all of you happy with last year's shopping spree. how soon the spoiled fans forget. You criticize the Yanks for years for getting the best team that money can buy then you turn around and act just like them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Don't see how spending the 2nd largest amount of money in MLB is considered being scrooge...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's comical to me when fans complain that this team wastes too much money signing bad players to ridiculous contracts, only to complain that there isn't enough cash left for Michael Cuddyer.

The guy turns 33 in March, and he really isn't that good...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and Buehrle turns 33, stinks vs the Yanks, and has poor numbers pitching in Fenway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I really do not know what some are expecting. We have a huge payroll and why should the FO do anything more than hire a new manager to hopefully change the culture of the clubhouse to which helps with team performance.

Bullpen help and one starter is all the team needs, and those players do not have to be all*stars.

Tampa has done squat to improve its offense, New York has not done a thing, and Toronto along with Baltimore are not exactly spending.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We lose Paps.
    We lose Drew. (a gain from 2011)

We gain Buch.
    We hopefully gain Youk for more games.
    We hope for Lava, Reddick, Kalish, Doubront, and other kids to help.

If we move Bogar to 1B coach, we'll gain 2-3 wins right there.

What's the problem?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Moon, the pockets are not empty--the men who wear the pants that have the cash in the pockets are smarter than they were two to four years ago. They know they can make just as much money and now find some players that can help the team win from those players non tendered or trade for what they need.
    I think JH was much more  disappointed in what went on in the clubhouse in Sept. than he has let on. Disappointment in the character of the team and the leadership--Mgr, coaches and team leaders. I don't know whether he has had time to recover from that.
    I think the two acquisitions dablade mentioned, Cuddyer and Yu plus Hanley and Anabel and somehow getting Garza would make Christmas in RS Nation Merry--but definitely John's and Tom's pockets will be empty after that heist. Happy 100!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge:
    We spent big in 2009 and 2010. If the pockets are somewhat empty this year, so be it.
    Posted by moonslav59

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, the pockets are not empty--the men who wear the pants that have the cash in the pockets are smarter than they were two to four years ago. They know they can make just as much money and now find some players that can help the team win from those players non tendered or trade for what they need. I think JH was much more  disappointed in what went on in the clubhouse in Sept. than he has let on. Disappointment in the character of the team and the leadership--Mgr, coaches and team leaders. I don't know whether he has had time to recover from that. I think the two acquisitions dablade mentioned, Cuddyer and Yu plus Hanley and Anabel and somehow getting Garza would make Christmas in RS Nation Merry--but definitely John's and Tom's pockets will be empty after that heist. Happy 100!!!!!!!! In Response to Re: Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge :
    Posted by MadMc44

I never said the "pockets are empty", and I don't for once believe that the team lost money in 2010. There is much hidden profits in MLB. 

I wish Henry would spend big every year, but I try to be realistic. He's not going to spend as much as the Yanks, but many posters here are putting forth plans that would put us over $200M. The 40% luxury tax would put a $200M budget at about $205M. Yes, Henruy could do it and still make money, but I won't demand that he do so, like you and others are doing. The guy just got burned on CC and Lackey, and you are asking him to outbid other teams for guys like Wilson or Buehrle? 

Wanting Cuddyer is insane. He's not even all that good. He's DH pretneding to be an OF'er. We need 3-4 pitchers more than a RF'er. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge:
    Posted by moonslav59

Ownership loves fans like you.

I have been highly critical of management at times. I'm glad they aren't listening to fans like you who want to spend huge amounts of cash on marginal talent. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is a limit to the payroll spending. It's easy for you and others to ask filthy rich people to "make less", so you can be happy with a Sox ring in 2012.

Tell you what, why don't you and all the other "fans" who want us to overpay on guys like Cuddyer and Wilson all contribute 10% of your salary to the Sox, so they can increase payroll.  Now, that would show what a great "fan" you are!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

If the Sox payroll went to 200 mil. it would be $22 mil. over the luxury tax threshhold. The penalty would be .4 X 22 or $8.8 mil.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If the Sox payroll went to 200 mil. it would be $22 mil. over the luxury tax threshhold. The penalty would be .4 X 22 or $8.8 mil.
    Posted by UticaClub

Not only that, add posting fee for getting Darvish!!!

I just do not understand why these people are bitching over Boston's managements for not able to spend money.  Either they just dont understand $$$$$ or just cant understand how good or bad are these free agents this year!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Yankees were burned once before.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Posted by UticaClub

True. Thanks for the correction.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

I see all of the people with common sense and a grasp for baseball operations are missing on the board. Hopefully they are just taking a break til the season and didnt leave for good

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

You did say "the pockets are somewhat empty" that's what I attached my reply to.
    I didn't mention Wilson or Buerhle in my reply. 
    I do feel strongly that a trade for Hanley and Anabel plus picking up Garza and getting into the bidding for Darvish would rejuvinate John Henry and get him into the Holiday Spirit. If he could move Beckett and Buch, two of the participants in the Sept clubhouse barbeque, he might be willing to be the Jolly Old JH that we have known and loved. 

I do think for the Centenial it's an odd time to cut the spending--they will make more money with the new $75 coffee table book in addition to anything that LL can sell that doesn't move.

In Response to  Re: Fenway turns 100 Ownership turns scrooge : We spent big in 2009 and 2010. If the pockets are somewhat empty this year, so be it. Posted by moonslav59 Ownership loves fans like you. I have been highly critical of management at times. I'm glad they aren't listening to fans like you who want to spend huge amounts of cash on marginal talent. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is a limit to the payroll spending. It's easy for you and others to ask filthy rich people to "make less", so you can be happy with a Sox ring in 2012. Tell you what, why don't you and all the other "fans" who want us to overpay on guys like Cuddyer and Wilson all contribute 10% of your salary to the Sox, so they can increase payroll.  Now, that would show what a great "fan" you are!
    Posted by moonslav59

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The Red Sox will be allright next year.  We'll start out with a new manager and hopefull all the players will be healthy..It's not like we have a bunch of bums.

Sections
Shortcuts