Final 35 game record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Final 35 game record

Ill keep this thread bookmarked and we can revisit again on sept 30th. Post your guess for the Sox record the rest of the way.

Mine is    21-14

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Final 35 game record

Tough looking schedule the rest of the way,but I'll guess 23 - 12

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ill keep this thread bookmarked and we can revisit again on sept 30th. Post your guess for the Sox record the rest of the way.

Mine is    21-14

+1 

95 wins seem very reachable.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

11 series left after SF, out of those 8 of them involve teams fighting for Play-offs, and you never know with Toronto. 19-16.

Team that gets hot in Sept. will win the AL East. Hope its the Sox. 9 games with Baltimore, 7 with the Yanks, lot of baseball left.

Except for Detroit, maybe the Dodgers, every team has question marks, or weaknesses, ought to be fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like southpaw777's 21-14, which to me is optimistic but doable.  Tough schedule, but the rotation ain't bad especially if Buchholz's returns to form.  Lineup against righties is good and against lefties might be OK.  Middlebrooks a nice late season surprise.  Dempster and doubront are concerns, but Workman looks good.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

19-16

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

As long they dont face too much left handed pitchers.  Playing the Yankees for two more series, as long Sabathia is in it while Pettitte is not.  

I think Boston should focus on trying to go 4-2 against Yankees and 7-2 against Orioles along with 2-1 against Tampa for the total of 13 wins or more against these three teams!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I'm pretty sure Orioles have a worse record against Lefty Starters, in fact a losing one. Yep, 18-21. Sox are 22-19 holding their own, wish it was better though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The reason I feel better going forward with a 21-14 record Is Buchholz' return and Middlebrooks looking so much better at the plate. Maybe Bogaerts can help out from the right side as well. Optomisitc? yeah, for sure. Realistic? absolutely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

On A Thread At The Start Of  Season I Believe I Said The SOX Would Win 96,

With That Said, 22-13......Wink....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

After this week's 6-game road trip (4-2), the Sox play 18 @ home, 12 away, with 22 vs the division in which they hold the best W-L record. I say they finish out 22-13.

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

24-11 going in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

My realistic opinion is that Sox as they are today ( including Buch expectations) could  do 20-15 at best...  Beware of Rays... First place is a MUST because WC playoff is a Russian roulette... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

21-14 seems not only about right but is statistically right on the Money....Sox have played about.635 ball at home so with 18  Games remaining that is 11+ wins, they have played .534 call on the Road so with 17 games remaining that is 9 wins....with as South mentioned the return on Buch and Middlebrooks resurgence and the fact that they have played .555 ball versus the East...I think rounding them up to 21 wins is reasonable....95 win season.....and hopefully more in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I will go with 20-15, or 94 wins. 95 wins is a little optimistic, IMO, but certainly doable.

Just as a point of reference, here are the projections, as of today, from some of the computer models:

Coolstandings - 93.7 wins

Davenport - 93.1 wins

Baseball Prospectus - 92.7 wins

Pythagorean W/L - 94.4 wins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I will go with 20-15, or 94 wins. 95 wins is a little optimistic, IMO, but certainly doable.

Just as a point of reference, here are the projections, as of today, from some of the computer models:

Coolstandings - 93.7 wins

Davenport - 93.1 wins

Baseball Prospectus - 92.7 wins

Pythagorean W/L - 94.4 wins

That looks good to me.

With the remaining schedule, thats winning most of the remaining series, but not all of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

im with Southpaw. definitely realistic and probably pretty accurate too.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

19-16, ending with 93-69.  I think 25 of the 35 are against > .500 teams.

We'll probably lose 2-3 at TB, and TB should go 20-16 v everyone else, for a total of 22-17, for a full year record of 93-69.  We have a better record H2H.

BA goes 23-15 to finish at 90-72

IMHO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

19-16

You got it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hard to say. If we don't wake up and return to playing good baseball, we will not even play .500 ball the rest of the way. Yet another pathetic performance tonight. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Farreell keeps making completely boneheaded moves like he did tonight, I might have to reverse my prediction.

Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth and you bring in the new guy with known control issues? Really? Good managers dont make dumb moves like that with their closer available, and good managers dont set their players up for failure. That was not the time to see if Villareal could handle things. My God are you kidding? That move was beyond a head scratcherUndecidedYell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

19-16, ending with 93-69.  I think 25 of the 35 are against > .500 teams.

We'll probably lose 2-3 at TB, and TB should go 20-16 v everyone else, for a total of 22-17, for a full year record of 93-69.  We have a better record H2H.

BA goes 23-15 to finish at 90-72

IMHO.

Have to agree. Only TB has much better chance of getting hot w/ all there starters back. If Buchholz can return in couple of weeks and pitch the way he did earlier could make for a very interesting finish. Right now a Buch/Lester/Lackey/Peavey would look pretty darn good. Beginning of yr I said 90 wins was a good year, so this team has definately been better than most expected. Just win baby! WC I don't care just make playoffs, because you can't win it if you don't get there. But would be nice to go in as division winner.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think 20-13 is doable for the last 33. That includes losing 2 of 3 to LA this weekend, losing 2 of 3 to TB, taking 6 of 9 from Bal., and taking 4 of 7 from NY.

Sections
Shortcuts