Final 35 game record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Final 35 game record

17-18

We have become a .500 team, and thats pretty much what I expect for the rest of the year. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox win won more game they will have a .500 road trip. I can live with that. They need to pick it up a little at home. A nice little winning streak right about now would be nice. 4 or 5 games get the juices flowing again.

They can win the next 2 against Dodgers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

All I wanted was  one of three against the Dodgers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

17-18

We have become a .500 team, and thats pretty much what I expect for the rest of the year. 

You already made your prediction in May when you said the season was over.

You don't get a do over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If Farreell keeps making completely boneheaded moves like he did tonight, I might have to reverse my prediction.

Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth and you bring in the new guy with known control issues? Really? Good managers dont make dumb moves like that with their closer available, and good managers dont set their players up for failure. That was not the time to see if Villareal could handle things. My God are you kidding? That move was beyond a head scratcherUndecidedYell

--That's correct; unfortunately, the SOX have Farrell. He almost makes me miss Tito.

"Good managers don't make dumb moves"

If that's the case,this would prove that Joe Maddon isn't a good manager:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2009/05/st_petersburg_fla_a.html

A mistake on manager Joe Maddon's lineup card cost the Rays their designated hitter entering the bottom of the first inning Sunday against the Indians at Tropicana Field.

The Rays had two third basemen listed on their lineup card -- Evan Longoria and Ben Zobrist. Longoria was supposed to DH, while Zobrist played third.

After the Indians batted in the first, manager Eric Wedge had a long discussion with the four umpires. When the umpires went over to talk to Maddon, Wedge pulled his team off the field because he didn't want rookie left-hander David Huff, making his big league debut, standing on the mound with nothing to do.

The Rays were forced to put left-hander Andy Sonnanstine, their starter, in the No.3 spot in the lineup where Longoria was originally scheduled to hit. Longoria was still eligible to play in the game, but the Rays could not use the DH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'll go along with pumpsie's 17-18....and that's being optimistic!

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I'll go along with pumpsie's 17-18....and that's being optimistic!

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

no surprise there between you two. Among the first to jump ship at the first signs of trouble. Hell, pumpsie bails 3 pitches into the game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

[/QUOTE]

Only a fool remains inflexible in the face of changing conditions, wouldn't you agree?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

17-18

You don't get a do over.

Only a fool remains inflexible in the face of changing conditions, wouldn't you agree?

How have you been flexible?

You've been down on this team since Day 1 -- even when things were going well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

except you've only had 1 opinion.... the sox suck. If they play bad it's the end of their season if they play well it's only a matter of time before they flop.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

How have you been flexible?

You've been down on this team since Day 1 -- even when things were going well.

[/QUOTE]

You have not been paying attention. In July, before the ASB, I wrote several posts that were upbeat about this team. They WERE a good team, or at least a team that was playing good ball. That is no longer the case. Its not even debateable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

except you've only had 1 opinion.... the sox suck. If they play bad it's the end of their season if they play well it's only a matter of time before they flop.....

[/QUOTE]

17-18 or 18-17. Mediocre. Might make the playoffs; might not. Won't win the ALE. This is a prediction thread and I am standing by mine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't get flexibility in predictions.  I predicted that my KQ would hold up on a board of Kxx.  The guy with the pocket aces thought otherwise.  I told the dealer that I thought he should allow me some flexibility to change my mind.  For some reason, he and and the other player felt differently.

I mean, if you can change your mind as you go along, I feel confident that you'll guess our year-end record pretty good by the time October comes around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

17-18

You don't get a do over.

You don't get flexibility in predictions.  I predicted that my KQ would hold up on a board of Kxx.  The guy with the pocket aces thought otherwise.  I told the dealer that I thought he should allow me some flexibility to change my mind.  For some reason, he and and the other player felt differently.

I mean, if you can change your mind as you go along, I feel confident that you'll guess our year-end record pretty good by the time October comes around.

So don't leave us hanging. What happened?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm a little late for this party.  There are now 31 left.  Is it too late for me to get involved in this?

The Sox are playing .580 ball right now and I see no reason why it should get worse.  In fact I think it might get better.  .580 from here on in will give them 18 more wins for a total of 94.  Since they've been rock-steady all year long with no long streaks either way I'm going to say they go 18-13 for 94 wins.

Whether 94 wins it remains to be seen but I've always said that if when this season started someone guaranteed you 94 wins you'd take it and take your chances. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

17-18

You don't get a do over.

You don't get flexibility in predictions.  I predicted that my KQ would hold up on a board of Kxx.  The guy with the pocket aces thought otherwise.  I told the dealer that I thought he should allow me some flexibility to change my mind.  For some reason, he and and the other player felt differently.

So don't leave us hanging. What happened?

[/QUOTE]

I still think I made the right move.  But one of life's little lessons is that it is okay to admit someone outplayed you, that someone flatout beat you.  I tipped my hat to the guy and bid everyone a fond adieu.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If Farreell keeps making completely boneheaded moves like he did tonight, I might have to reverse my prediction.

Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth and you bring in the new guy with known control issues? Really? Good managers dont make dumb moves like that with their closer available, and good managers dont set their players up for failure. That was not the time to see if Villareal could handle things. My God are you kidding? That move was beyond a head scratcherUndecidedYell

--That's correct; unfortunately, the SOX have Farrell. He almost makes me miss Tito.

"Good managers don't make dumb moves"

If that's the case,this would prove that Joe Maddon isn't a good manager:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2009/05/st_petersburg_fla_a.html

A mistake on manager Joe Maddon's lineup card cost the Rays their designated hitter entering the bottom of the first inning Sunday against the Indians at Tropicana Field.

The Rays had two third basemen listed on their lineup card -- Evan Longoria and Ben Zobrist. Longoria was supposed to DH, while Zobrist played third.

After the Indians batted in the first, manager Eric Wedge had a long discussion with the four umpires. When the umpires went over to talk to Maddon, Wedge pulled his team off the field because he didn't want rookie left-hander David Huff, making his big league debut, standing on the mound with nothing to do.

The Rays were forced to put left-hander Andy Sonnanstine, their starter, in the No.3 spot in the lineup where Longoria was originally scheduled to hit. Longoria was still eligible to play in the game, but the Rays could not use the DH.

Hey, I admit it was an unusual emotional post from me. I think Farrell has done a fine overall job. That particular move I mentioned WAS a completely boneheaded move though.. I will NOT back down from that. As you can see, I was very frustrated with that game.

Im still sticking with my original prediction of 21-14 I believe. This team hasnt lost more than 4 in a row all year. Im not sure why some here get all in a panic because they lose a couple. You hear that PG?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Im still sticking with my original prediction of 21-14 I believe. This team hasnt lost more than 4 in a row all year. Im not sure why some here get all in a panic because they lose a couple. You hear that PG?

It's not about being in a panic.

It's about being first in the "I told you so" line.

It seems to be a big deal for some..

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

17-18

".500" team went 16-12 in August. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, went 11-15, so if the Red Sox have become a .500 team, I guess the Rays have become a cellar-dweller.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It's not about being in a panic.

It's about being first in the "I told you so" line.

It seems to be a big deal for some..

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

+1.  So true!  Smile

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

so, 8-4 so w/ 23 to play?  that's the score on this so far.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Since 8/20 when I created this thread, the Sox have gone 13-4 with 18 left to go and the final game of the NYY series today...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

At 35 to go when Lefty started this thread the sox were 74-53 and 1 game up on the Rays.

As of today with 15 to go the sox are 89-58 and 9-1/2 up on the Rays.

they are 15-5 over those 20 games.  hot, hot, hot....

well, i am happy to say my 19-16 prediction was way undervalued.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

btw - after reviewing all the predictions it looks like soxnewmex is destined to win the crystal ball award...

Sections
Shortcuts