Final 35 game record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Final 35 game record

In response to slasher9's comment:

At 35 to go when Lefty started this thread the sox were 74-53 and 1 game up on the Rays.

As of today with 15 to go the sox are 89-58 and 9-1/2 up on the Rays.

they are 15-5 over those 20 games.  hot, hot, hot....

well, i am happy to say my 19-16 prediction was way undervalued.

Well, ya never know. Heck, pumpsie's 17-18 prediction isn't wrong yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I told my buddy they'd go from zero to heros this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Fascinating thread, especially in retrospect.  I especially like pumpsie-green, who was/is dead wrong (and wrongheaded--he thinks the Sox stink), but who made his position on this team crystal clear.  I, on the other hand, simply piggy-backed on southpaw777's prediction of 21-14, so I get almost no credit for being sort of right. 

Last night's game, 7-3 Sox in 10 innings, is kind of emblematic of the season.  They won very much as a team and with a role player, Carp, getting the decisive hit.  Worth noting:  he swung at the first pitch and would still have had the game-winner if it was caught in deep center because the go ahead run was on 3B.  Along the way the pitching staff was again stretched when the starter, Dempsey, reluctant to challenge hitters, only went 5 innings, but he also only gave up one run.  Well done.  Morales had a good inning, then Workman tried to give the game away with a run each in the 7th and 8th, followed by the indomitable Uehara with still another perfect relief inning, and finally Tazawa finishing with a semi-clean 10th. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I will admit that I was wrong now, and avoid the wait and please no insults.

I am almost never right when trying to predict sports, so by predicting doom and gloom I am actually helping the team out...in my own special way.Smile

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Kind of amazing to speculate at the beginning of this period and see that they started the last 35 games at 15-5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I say again, absolutely no dishonor in not getting this right.  Before the season, if asked, I would have said 70 wins, but no one asked.  Lots of credit to southpaw777 for starting this thread. 

A special commendation to zillagod for using reverse mojo to keep the Sox on the right track. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

A special commendation to zillagod for using reverse mojo to keep the Sox on the right track.

Why do I get the feeling that Zilla wil have company in line to pick up that award?

Wink

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now the Sox are basically off the map.  Too fast for 1:50,000, they need 1:250,000 (UTM Grid of course). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I think 20-13 is doable for the last 33. That includes losing 2 of 3 to LA this weekend, losing 2 of 3 to TB, taking 6 of 9 from Bal., and taking 4 of 7 from NY.

We're actually three games ahead of my projected pace so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

22-10 with 3 to go.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Not too shabby.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If the Red Sox win today,SoxNewMex picked it right at 24-11 for the last 35 games.If the Sox lose today,my prediction of 23-12 would be the correct guess.

I hope I'm wrong and the Boston wins their last game of the season.

"Another day closer to the parade"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

If the Red Sox win today,SoxNewMex picked it right at 24-11 for the last 35 games.If the Sox lose today,my prediction of 23-12 would be the correct guess.

I hope I'm wrong and the Boston wins their last game of the season.

"Another day closer to the parade"

I guessed 21-14...Glad I was wrong

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I guessed 21-14...Glad I was wrong

I guessed 20-15.  Glad I was wrong too.

I have been high on this team since spring training, but they exceeded even my expectations as to how good they would be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

19-16, ending with 93-69.  I think 25 of the 35 are against > .500 teams.

We'll probably lose 2-3 at TB, and TB should go 20-16 v everyone else, for a total of 22-17, for a full year record of 93-69.  We have a better record H2H.

BA goes 23-15 to finish at 90-72

IMHO.

Have to agree. Only TB has much better chance of getting hot w/ all there starters back. If Buchholz can return in couple of weeks and pitch the way he did earlier could make for a very interesting finish. Right now a Buch/Lester/Lackey/Peavey would look pretty darn good. Beginning of yr I said 90 wins was a good year, so this team has definately been better than most expected. Just win baby! WC I don't care just make playoffs, because you can't win it if you don't get there. But would be nice to go in as division winner.

Sorry Gary, but you're an idiot for agreeing with that Joebreidey character.  Seriously, how often is he right about anything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

19-16, ending with 93-69.  I think 25 of the 35 are against > .500 teams.

We'll probably lose 2-3 at TB, and TB should go 20-16 v everyone else, for a total of 22-17, for a full year record of 93-69.  We have a better record H2H.

BA goes 23-15 to finish at 90-72

IMHO.

Have to agree. Only TB has much better chance of getting hot w/ all there starters back. If Buchholz can return in couple of weeks and pitch the way he did earlier could make for a very interesting finish. Right now a Buch/Lester/Lackey/Peavey would look pretty darn good. Beginning of yr I said 90 wins was a good year, so this team has definately been better than most expected. Just win baby! WC I don't care just make playoffs, because you can't win it if you don't get there. But would be nice to go in as division winner.

Sorry Gary, but you're an idiot for agreeing with that Joebreidey character.  Seriously, how often is he right about anything.

About 50% of the time, just like everybody else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I think 20-13 is doable for the last 33. That includes losing 2 of 3 to LA this weekend, losing 2 of 3 to TB, taking 6 of 9 from Bal., and taking 4 of 7 from NY.

They are 22-10 pedning todays final game. My projection will be within either 1 or 2 of correct, erring on the win side. 

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts