Final Sox Season Positional Numbers and Our 2012 Needs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Final Sox Season Positional Numbers and Our 2012 Needs.

In Response to Re: Final Sox Season Positional Numbers and Our 2012 Needs.:
    In Response to Re: Final Sox Season Positional Numbers and Our 2012 Needs. :  not FRIED, just chicken and another good measure of potential "clutch" is consistency which of course, averages do not measure....
    Posted by andrewmitch

I've always viewed clutch as someone doing much better than they normally do when it counts. It's hard to use stats to measure this. Not all late and close games are the same. Not all playoff PAs are the same "clutchness".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Final Sox Season Positional Numbers and Our 2012 Needs.:
    [QUOTE]Remember how Boggs had his daily routines? One was fried chicken; I believe.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

The other was...chicks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, with no undies...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Bottom line regardless of who the Sox get in the position players...pitching will tell the story next year just like it does every year.  Beckett and Lester have got to be better than good all year.  If the Sox are stuck with Lackey, perhaps a manager who doesn't let him give up 6 or 7 runs a game will help somewhat - that said - he is still a .500 pitcher with durability and that is not a terrible thing unless one dwells on his contract.  They MUST get 2 starters that are consistent and will put up 10-12 victories and give the Sox 160-180 innings without trips to the DL.  Obviously these must come from the FA list ala the Yanks with Garcia and Colon.  I can't see them going after a top pitching prospect who will command a long term contract.  Without the pitching - both BP and starting...they will not compete well in the AL East. 

Sections
Shortcuts