1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Fire all the training staff tonite

Why stop with the training staff.

FIRE EVERYONE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lester has a left lateral strain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

And did you see lackey after he hit his double last week? He looked like he was about to die. A little conditioning would be nice too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tn0213. Show tn0213's posts

Doesnt anyone think that it is more than just coincidence that Lester hurts a back muscle after he has to bat in NL parks the last two weeks?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Injuries happen...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ive been saying this all winter long -it was my tag line....as usual I was ahead of the curve - our players looks like co-ed softball players - big guts, no flexibility, and as fragile as fine china

think Yaz -  5'-10', lean, wiry, and could put the smack down on the ball and play the field like a kid in his 40s (even as a smoker)

why?
    because his body was athletic and not pear shaped (like our fatazz players today)

thank you Tito for your spring training/retreat nonsense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

he was wiry because he was a smoker... duh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Fire all the training staff tonite:
    [QUOTE]ive been saying this all winter long -it was my tag line....as usual I was ahead of the curve - our players looks like co-ed softball players - big guts, no flexibility, and as fragile as fine china think Yaz -  5'-10', lean, wiry, and could put the smack down on the ball and play the field like a kid in his 40s (even as a smoker) why? because his body was athletic and not pear shaped (like our fatazz players today) thank you Tito for your spring training/retreat nonsense
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Incredible; I guess smoking doesn't affect you on the ball field as much as I would think, or doesn't really kick in until later on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I used to use a smoker.

It always took hours and hours to cook anything.

But, M M M M, it was worth the wait ... which became weight ... if you ate too much from the smoker.

PS ... I am wondering about the conditioning some, too. 

Lackey shouldn't be sucking air.  All my life I've heard that once a pitcher loses his legs, he's done for.  Shouldn't John be in running shape by now?  I know it was a sprint and not a jog ....

Maybe it was for comic effect only ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Fire all the training staff tonite:
    [QUOTE]I am so damn tired of red sox injuries and poor start of seasons. Part, or perhaps a lot of, the problem must be laid at the doorstep of the training staff. Get rid of them or at least investigate and see if they are getting paid by the yankess. This is damn horrific.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

i think the red sox are in the stone age when it comes to fitness, medicine and overall health. if the guys had excellent bodyworkers ie A.R.T., did yoga, saw excellent chiropractors (especially S.O.T.) weekly, had cutting edge nutrition, they would be 3 times less likely to get injured, more healthy and fit. take it from an athlete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Fire all the training staff tonite:
    [QUOTE]I am so damn tired of red sox injuries and poor start of seasons. Part, or perhaps a lot of, the problem must be laid at the doorstep of the training staff. Get rid of them or at least investigate and see if they are getting paid by the yankess. This is damn horrific.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

In a way you may have a point.  There have been a lot of injuries "some poorly diagnosed" in the past couple of years which does make you wonder if changes should be made.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The RS are all a bunch of malingerers. In the service, we called them sick-bay commandos!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

young tinkering with the way they pitch might be contributing to the injury problems,but i agree that the overall trainig is poor starting way back in the spring

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Doesnt anyone think that it is more than just coincidence that Lester hurts a back muscle after he has to bat in NL parks the last two weeks?
    Posted by tn0213[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

Something to think about. The pitchers aren't necessarily accustomed to batting and running bases. Heck, if they get a hit and have to run out a ground ball, they can strain something.  Become victims of their own success.

Whatever conditioning program the Red Sox have should take this into account.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]he was wiry because he was a smoker... duh
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

who cares what he smoked..his body was fit for playing ALL SEASON LONG...our team looks like a MASH unit

once again i was 100% correct - this time about conditioning/spring training nonsense