Fire Bobby V today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Fire Bobby V today

In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today:
    In response to "Re: Fire Bobby V today": Fans were wrong to boo him. Nothing but fair rather fans who want Francona back.
    Posted by Alibiike

"fair rather?"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Fire Bobby V today:
    If I was running the front office I would fire Bobby V before Sunday's game.  He is an embarassment who cannot manage a bullpen.  This team is pathetic.
    Posted by soxfan1967

So the problem with that bullpen was mismanagement?  Seriously?  Will you be sticking with that story?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : Reading some of these posts how can anyone complain about removing Doubrant after 98 pitches? How long should he have stayed in for 120? Its only April the season isn't even started he can't burn out Doubrant in April. I think the fans are expecting too much.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Some fans won't be happy as long as this team has a couple players still avoiding the DL...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

you have a 9 run lead, The starting pitcher just gave up a home run and is at 99 pitches, being the manager of a MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM you probably have pitchers that can in all likelyhood keep such a huge lead..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : The only person laughing was Bobby V .Whats up with that. A real manager would be taken this seriously. Tips his cap to fans while smiling ???  Laughing in dugout . Must be funny to him???
    Posted by donrd4

The way the fans are taking this out on him is embarrassing.  He should have flipped them off instead of tipping his hat.  it's hard to root for the Sox these days because of the fans.  

Three weeks into a season with a team half staffed with spoiled personalities and it's the managers fault?  Please!  They are having a hard time accepting that the  ghost of Francona won't be in the locker room rubbing the backs of every player after a loss saying, "don't worry, it's not your fault, nothings your fault".  They need to grow up and so do you.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Don't see how anyone can blame Valentine for this. Today the bullpen reeked.
    Posted by antibody

And not just today.  The bullpen has pulled this at least 3 times this year, this is only the worst time.  If the bullpen holds those three leads of 3 or more runs, the Sox are 7 - 7.  That is not great, but considering their schedule, it is pretty decent, and realistic.

Bobby V is not the problem.  McCLure and the catchers may be part of it, but this is about Aceves (who has NOT been pitching well, at this point his ERA is almost as bad as Melancon's), Albers, Morales (who has pitched well prior to this), Thomas (who is god awful) and Padilla (who has looked good, but is a reclamation project for a reason).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : to find the best guy in the bullpen would require one hell of an imagination.
    Posted by mryazz
    Joe is on a toot. No matter how often "unexplainable" decisions are explained to him by Valentine or by posters, he continues to find "no rationale" (not weak, but no ) for them -- and says the same thing over and over. He must think he knows more about this game than do Valentine and many of the rest of us.
    Valentine is his bete noire. As as result, he's been dealing in understatement
    ( "Valentine can't be blamed for everything" ) and overstatement ( "Every decision is wrong" ), to the point where, IMO, his analyses can't be taken seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I agree, but as the manager, he should know he doesn't have a bullpen. Doubront should have been sent out in the 7th. He had 99 pitches and was throwing well. "

Bosox, you are one of three posters on this forum that never, EVER, gets to complain about the new manager and use of the bullpen. You wanted Tito fired and you got what you wanted, so all you get to do is enjoy when it comes to the managing....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

No matter, it still only counts as one loss.  The Sox will play again tomorrow.  They have 91% of the season yet to play.  They will get better.  BV does not have any more ABs left in the season and so he will go hitless the rest of the season.  He will probably not give up a single run the rest of the season and will have an ERA of 0.00.  BV's only fault so far is guilt by association.  If anyone thinks firing BV is the real solution...you are entitled to your opinion...however the new manager will still have to deal with the same batters in the lineup, the same SP and the same BP... unless they sell the team to Bill Gates.

I am not thrilled with their start, but I am also not willing to judge them on less than 10% of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Like travern's post above I also am not willing to judge them on less than 10 percent but, with that being said, BV and BC had better out how to mix things up in RS nation.  I swear if I didn't know better I would think it's September.  Intensity has to get higher and stay higher.  The bullpen has got to figure out that in Fenway no lead is safe and have to pitch that way.  As a side note......BV didn't screw up that game...Doubront pitched great but the season is young and he needs to save his arm when he gets these opportunities to do so.  The bullpen has blown at least 3 games that I can think of and I am sure that gets deflating for the rest of the team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

In Response to Fire Bobby V today:
    If I was running the front office I would fire Bobby V before Sunday's game.  He is an embarassment who cannot manage a bullpen.  This team is pathetic.
    Posted by soxfan1967

Perhaps we should wait until he HAS a bullpen to decide whether or not he can manage one.  What he has now is a collection of stiffs who would have trouble pitching on a double A roster.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Boston needs to take a stand and put Bard back in the pen where he belongs. Stop this experiment already. Personally, I hope you keep it this way, but then I am a Yankee fan and not seeing Bard and Paps come out of the pen is a wonderful site.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

No, firing Bobby V. today would be a poor, knee-jerk reaction. What is happening this season is not his fault. I would have taken Dubront out, as well.

And those of you on this forum who know baseball are fully aware that we will lose several slugfest games this year with the horrendous state of our pitching staff. It is going to be a season of trying hard to not be in the ALE Cellar and/or the worst team in the American League. That is our reality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

I never wanted Bobby V here but there is no way this disaster is his fault. Plus, w this FO's track record if they were to fire him it would take them until the end of the season to find a replacement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

RTe: Fire Bobby V today

Bobby v was not here for "The collapse" last year. And laughing in the dugout  propably crying inside.
    He called a player up the who was stinking out the dugout and theplayers "feelings   " got hurt. .aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. poor youk.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dicorpo. Show dicorpo's posts

Time to fire Cherington - He will make this worse. What is he going to do? Make a trade? Every one of his trades have been a debacle. We would be better off with Lowrie and Weiland than Triple A Melancon. Better off with Josh Reddick than Mr. DL Bailey. Better off with Theo than DL'd Carpenter. Better off with Scutaro as a team leader than Triple A (whatever his name was). 

What they need to do - Tell Bard - Boo hoo- now go become the closer. Call up Cook. Give up on the Andrew Miller experiment. Call up Middlebrooks and put Youk on notice.  And write a public apology to all of Red Sox Nation for acting like a team searching for change in the couch cushions when constructing their bullpen. If they had acted as if they had money, and signed players that were capable of making the Orioles and Pirates,  the Pen wouldn't have screwed us three times - and this would be .500 club right now waiting for stars to get back  - instead - we look like sellers at the trade deadline.

I bought Sox tickets for my son's 10th birthday. At this rate, I think he might start to cry and ask what he did wrong to deserve this fate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Still a good thread despite the ignorant OP.  Well done, everyone. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I have no control over who the Sox hire and fire, sign or don't sign, but I will continue to follow this team through thick or thin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to "Re: Fire Bobby V today": Fans were wrong to boo him. Nothing but fair rather fans who want Francona back.
    Posted by Alibiike

Please help.... What does a 4-10 record and blowing a 9 run lead have to do with Francona. Maybe we need a Billy Martin type comeback from Tito.. So you are saying that blowing a 9 run lead the fan should have stood up and gave Bobby V a huge standing ovation...Bobby,Bobby,Bobby,.....Smarten up !!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

The manager will get blamed for bad decisions....and he should. But on the flip side, he's not out on the field playing the game. IMO the players are trying their best to get him fired.

Sections
Shortcuts