Fire Bobby V today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Fire Bobby V today

In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today:
    [QUOTE]Time to fire Cherington - He will make this worse. What is he going to do? Make a trade? Every one of his trades have been a debacle. We would be better off with Lowrie and Weiland than Triple A Melancon. Better off with Josh Reddick than Mr. DL Bailey. Better off with Theo than DL'd Carpenter. Better off with Scutaro as a team leader than Triple A (whatever his name was).  What they need to do - Tell Bard - Boo hoo- now go become the closer. Call up Cook. Give up on the Andrew Miller experiment. Call up Middlebrooks and put Youk on notice.  And write a public apology to all of Red Sox Nation for acting like a team searching for change in the couch cushions when constructing their bullpen. If they had acted as if they had money, and signed players that were capable of making the Orioles and Pirates,  the Pen wouldn't have screwed us three times - and this would be .500 club right now waiting for stars to get back  - instead - we look like sellers at the trade deadline. I bought Sox tickets for my son's 10th birthday. At this rate, I think he might start to cry and ask what he did wrong to deserve this fate.
    Posted by dicorpo[/QUOTE]
    Highlighted above is the best part of this whole thread.  I KNOW Bard wants to be a starter but what's that got to do with it?  I want to take over the CEO's job where I work too, but they won't let me.  Who's running this outfit, the players or the FO?  If the players are going to be making those decisions let's be thankful that Youk doesn't want to play CF, Ells doesn't want to catch and Gonzales doesn't want to play SS.

Will someone PLEASE step up and tell Bard, 'We know you want to start but this team NEEDS a closer and you're the one here with the most success in that role.  Therefore you're the closer.  You get paid to 1) do whatever is necessary to help this team win, and 2) to do what you're instructed to do.  So close.  And if that doesn't work out we'll try something else". 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To be totally objective; the Sox are getting beat by better teams. Like it or not, that is the case. Just look at the lineups. The Sox do not match up with the Tigers , Yankees or Rangers. Of course , injuries are part of it. After today , the next 22 games will be against lesser competition. How we do in these games will tell us something about the status of the club. If the Sox continue to struggle, changes have to be made. There are a number of promising young players waiting for the opportunity. In any event, to blame Valentine for this is preposterous. He is doing all that he can with the players he has to work with. If you need to blame someone, you have to look at Theo and , to a lesser extent , Cherington.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Obviously this isnt Bobby V's fault.

Just as obvious though is that all those that thought he was going to take charge of this team were wrong.

Bobby V is kind of a joke.  he always has been.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : I agree, but as the manager, he should know he doesn't have a bullpen. Doubront should have been sent out in the 7th. He had 99 pitches and was throwing well. On the other hand, using the bullpen was inevitable...
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

good point Bosox...this is why we wanted BV...to not play the Tito pitch count - especially when we have such a porous pen...he didnt blow the game but he if lets felix pitch the 7th, that makes a big difference....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : good point Bosox...this is why we wanted BV...to not play the Tito pitch count - especially when we have such a porous pen...he didnt blow the game but he if lets felix pitch the 7th, that makes a big difference....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Georom the manager has to do what he is instructed to do.  How do you know Bobby V didn't want to leave Felix in the game.  This is a management decision on the pitch counts, its not all V's decision although I am sure he some leeway.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The manager will get blamed for bad decisions....and he should. But on the flip side, he's not out on the field playing the game. IMO the players are trying their best to get him fired.
    Posted by DevotedRSgirl[/QUOTE]

Interesting point; he may have lost (or never had) the clubhouse

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bobby has made a couple of questionable on field decisions, but managerial moves will always be second guessed when they don't work.  And yes, Bobby should check his ego a bit, but the team as constructed is all on the F.O.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia and the rest of them need to shut their f'in' mouths and play like the professionals (and adults) they're paid to be...pathetic...it's all on them.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Isn't it Bobby V's job to get his team to play like professionals?

It's on everybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bobby V today : good point Bosox...this is why we wanted BV...to not play the Tito pitch count - especially when we have such a porous pen...he didnt blow the game but he if lets felix pitch the 7th, that makes a big difference....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    You're right. Instead of the bullpen imploding in the seventh and eighth, it would have imploded in the eighth and ninth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think Bobby just needs s good bench coach to be a go between him and the players. Someone like dare I say it, Terry Francona or DeMarlo Hale. Maybe if you called Tito the co-head coach he'd come back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

[QUOTE]He took Doubront out at the right time and his bullpen recorded 4 outs while at the same time, giving up 14 runs. How is that his fault?  Blame management for having a AAAA team.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

you are right he took him out at the right time  any other time with a good bullpen that would have worked i just think  there seeing what we have and hopefully  they will do something about it fast

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Get off Valentine's back.

Blaming him for that loss is stupidity. 

The guy is smart and he wants to win.  They have no OF and no bullpen.  They have a fading 3B, no SS, a weak catcher, and a talented 1B who may fall asleep during a game this season.  they have 1 good starter, two decent starters and two crappy starters.  They have no closer.

Get off Valentine's back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why, its not his fault, although I am not in love with some of his decisions. Young Ben picked up an often injured relief pitcher, another relief pitcher who could not get Little Leaguers out, that the FO went cheap on the bullpen and the starting staff and low balled Oswalt, Kuroda and Jackson. I still cannot figure why they dumped Scutturo which absolutely baffles me. Its not like they used the money in his salary to do anything to help the team in any way. Please I know we have a high payroll but its not his fault over 60 million is sitting on the Disabled list. Unfortunately the FO needed to either spend money at the Winter Meetings and replace injured parts of the team or go cheap and pick up other teams throwaways and rejects. We went the second option of the throwaways and rejects and you get what you pay for. This is why we are in the sutuation we are in. Not even to mention you made a decision to break the bullpen and put Bard in the starting rotation. Sorry but Marlon Byrd, Cook and Larrs Anderson are not going to save this team this year. Maybe Youkillis needed to be called out because he has not done too much this year at this point of the season. The state this team is in is why you have DMac, Spears, Ross, Padilla, Albers on this teams roster at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

In Response to Fire Bobby V today:
    [QUOTE]If I was running the front office I would fire Bobby V before Sunday's game.  He is an embarassment who cannot manage a bullpen.  This team is pathetic.
    Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE]
    SOoooooo, your saying we have a Bullpen....Alright!!!  ......
    This is like the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" game show...ever notice that no one ever wins a million....Same with the show that we will call  "Select the Sox Pitcher Who Won't Throw-Up on the Mound Today"   These shows are rigged...No one ever wins.....LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts