Fire Epstein?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Fire Epstein?

Fire Epstein?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Fire Epstein?

He'll leave on his own before he is fired.  You can't argue with 2 rings... but you also can't argue with the failed signings of Dice-K, Drew, Lackey, Crawford (possibly), Cameron, Lugo etc. etc.  The guy gets an A for pumping out MLB players from the farm system... but he literally gets an F for his free agent signings.  I'll also give him a B+ for trades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Not exactly pumpin out pitchers to replace Wastefield.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Why? Wake is good for another 3 or 4 years. No need to worry. We need an innings eater that eats 5 innings every 5th day....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good ole softy showing his vast knowledge of the Sox, a team he hates almost half of its members.

Aviles was not a "critical September steal". He was picked up at the deadline on July 31st. He batted .321 in August with no errors for the Sox.

Maybe his secretive and unorthodox research can prove otherwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Epstein is finished in Boston. He detroyed two WS winning team. Let him go destroy something elsewhere

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Moon I don't know how you do it, I stayed away from here all week because I cannot stand the constant beat down of the Sox players and management. These people who feel so self entitled to have an allstar at every position and feel entitled to win every game. If the sox won 152 games some folks would complain about the 10 that they lost during the season. You have a heck of a lot more fight than I do, defending against the entitled!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Epstein?:
    [QUOTE]Moon I don't know how you do it, I stayed away from here all week because I cannot stand the constant beat down of the Sox players and management. These people who feel so self entitled to have an allstar at every position and feel entitled to win every game. If the sox won 152 games some folks would complain about the 10 that they lost during the season. You have a heck of a lot more fight than I do, defending against the entitled!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

This is the same silly clown that wanted Doubront starting while he was on the DL, Miller starting in April (while he had as many walks as IP in AAA), and Crawford batting leadoff-Cam in CF FT and Ells riding the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I see a majority would like Epstein fired, regardless of post season results.

Moonslow spamming the thread with rants and prevarications, which resulted when he called for Ortiz to  be released and Lowell to Dh. Also, Moonslow wants Wakefied and Varitek back in 2012 and Ortiz money to be used elsewhere and Youk and Lowrie and Aviles splt Dh time and position work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Fire Epstein?:
    [QUOTE]Fire Epstein?
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

Theo should take the blame for our staffs failures this season whether we make the PS or not.
      Tito may not be an expert at situational decisions but he didn't choose the players Theo brought in. 

Take McDonald, who had a good year last season so we chose to stick with him again until picking up two RH batters in Aviles and Jackson much too late in the season.  Reddick, Josh did a good job early on but taled off recently so it may be obvious hes not the every day player someone like "Pence" is.  Lowrie,  after last season we thought he had finally come into his own but this season was obviously different.  He seems to be one of the odd men out next season.  Lets see if Theo brings back Scuter after a very nice season, or goes with Aviles until Iglesias is ready.  Clay, a huge "very damaging blow to our staff, especially after Dice went down for the year like many expected might happen at some point.  Lackey, John had an average year last season and one of the worst in baseball this year so what in the world can we do with this guy?  Can he be traded? will he recover?  So far it ranks right up there as Theo's worst signing ever.  Aceves, was a great move and a guy that alone has given us 9 wins out of the pen.  If we are this bad off now just think where we would be without his support.  Jenks, a completely useless signing that Theo made even after all the criticism on Bobby.  Miller, has shown flashes of greatness but also got hammered on many occasions.  My opinion is, he may not return next season unless Wake retires.  Weiland, this poor kid was placed in an impossible situation by Theo who gets full blame. Starting a rookie repeatedly with a 7.58 ERA during a pennant race was a horrible move.  There were others that may have done better.  Rest of the pen, has been ugly to watch for the most part.  Bard, alone has lost 9 games canceling out the 9 Aceves has won, even though Bard was doing really well early on.  In a year we have to make a decision on Pap, it makes you wonder whether Bard could close.  Salty and Tek, looked good early on and I like Salty but Lavarnway should get his chance at backup soon.  Tek did a good job mentoring but how many years can we keep an aging 220 hitter with a weak arm?  Game calling?  Not a huge issue with our starters this season, regardless of stats.  Crawford, anyone who bashes CC obviously has the right but at least give him a full year.  He has been doing well as of late and although overpaid I think will be fine.  Adrian, the best signing ever by Theo along with Schil, yet we have some fans jumping on him when he doesn't hit or crush the ball every day coming off labrum surgery.  Try judging this, Adrian, in his first year in the AL and coming off surgery has a chance at the batting title "enough said" he was a great trade.  Jacoby, nothing for any doubters to talk about, he has had an amazing year.

Injuries,  this is something in my opinion that absolutely needs to be addressed with the entire medical and conditioning staff because it simply doesn't happen like it has with our team the past two years.  Lastly, we have placed ourselves in a position where the Yankees can simply remove us from the playoffs by winning the series this weekend, then limping through the final games with Tampa.  The bottom line is, there is a lot of blame to go around.

Lets just hope for the best from here!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Elles - no issue here other than did the Sox waste the money on Crawford they should have spent on Elles, our homegrown star.

Pedroia - he is elite and untouchable, love em.

AGon - centerpiece to the line-up for the next 7 or so years, it does not matter if he hits 30 or 40 homers so long as the ribbies are there.

Ortiz - he should be back so long as he doesn't play the "respect card" during negotiaions.

Youk - another untouchable, why anyone would bash him is beyond me.

Scutaro - cya and thank you very much, you did your best.

Tek - bye bye ... 

Salty - lets get you some real help next year and see some improvment, you are a gamer.

Lowrie - please go, anywhere but here.

Crawford - personally I would have batted you 9th all year but who knows if that would help. You better get your act together.

Reddick - nice try, and if you want to stay on as a 4th outfielder its okay with us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Craze, a good summary of the players. I just want to respond to this...

Weiland
    , this poor kid was placed in an impossible situation by Theo who gets full blame. Starting a rookie repeatedly with a 7.58 ERA during a pennant race was a horrible move.  There were others that may have done better...

It's a myth. There are no major league ready prospects that should have been brought up instead of Weiland. An argument could be made to have used Millwood, or picked up a scrap heap guy somewhere, but all of our pitching prospects are too young, were on the DL (Douby/Taz), or were groomed to be relievers (Bowden).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]Why? Wake is good for another 3 or 4 years. No need to worry. We need an innings eater that eats 5 innings every 5th day....
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

haha, eats 5 innings and pukes up 5 runs. We so damn lucky to have an old man willing to take $5m for that. Foot in mouth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]Elles - no issue here other than did the Sox waste the money on Crawford they should have spent on Elles, our homegrown star. Pedroia - he is elite and untouchable, love em. AGon - centerpiece to the line-up for the next 7 or so years, it does not matter if he hits 30 or 40 homers so long as the ribbies are there. Ortiz - he should be back so long as he doesn't play the "respect card" during negotiaions. Youk - another untouchable, why anyone would bash him is beyond me. Scutaro - cya and thank you very much, you did your best. Tek - bye bye ...  Salty - lets get you some real help next year and see some improvment, you are a gamer. Lowrie - please go, anywhere but here. Crawford - personally I would have batted you 9th all year but who knows if that would help. You better get your act together. Reddick - nice try, and if you want to stay on as a 4th outfielder its okay with us.

I agree with most of what you say buy Youk untouchable? He is clearly breaking down ala Mike Lowell. Youk cant play a full season and his numbers arent good enough for our clean up hitter. 

2011: 17 HR, .258 BA, 80 RBI

Cmon!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What I was referring to is he has earned a free pass to have a bad season... not every player that struggles should be lambasted. When they struggle long-term or have attitude problems (Lackey) than its open game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]What I was referring to is he has earned a free pass to have a bad season... not every player that struggles should be lambasted. When they struggle long-term or have attitude problems (Lackey) than its open game.

But Youk was even worse last year, played 102 games and had 19 HR and 62 RBI. Im not suggesting for a minute Youk isnt a gamer. But playing hurt doesnt work. And he clearly cant play a full season anymore. I absolutely loved Mike Lowell (who didnt), but in all honesty his last contract after the MVP in the WS was a mistake. He was clearly toast at the point. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Craze, a good summary of the players. I just want to respond to this... Weiland , this poor kid was placed in an impossible situation by Theo who gets full blame. Starting a rookie repeatedly with a 7.58 ERA during a pennant race was a horrible move.  There were others that may have done better... It's a myth. There are no major league ready prospects that should have been brought up instead of Weiland. An argument could be made to have used Millwood, or picked up a scrap heap guy somewhere, but all of our pitching prospects are too young, were on the DL (Douby/Taz), or were groomed to be relievers (Bowden).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Thanks moon,

Weiland may have a future but I'm not so sure he was any more major league ready than most of his teammates in the minors, other than possibly having a better season.  I don't mind the kid being brought up, I'm sure the experience did him a world of good but guys like Doubront, Miller or even a two or three innings each from different pitchers may have kept us in some of those games.  In many cases a youngster may look incredible the first time through a lineup, so maybe use another pitcher the next time through, or shortly after?  These games were too critical  

I just think Theo and Tito could have been more creative by "thinking out of the box" a bit more.  Weiland simply started too many games, or may have been left in too long in my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

I'm amazed that discussions of Youkilis as a roster asset don't immediately and consistently include the subject of conditioning.

Terry Francona, years ago on his status as Greek God of Walks:  "I've seen him in the shower; he's not the Greek God of Anything."

When a random selection of PGA Tour members could kick our tails in a Superstars competition, it's time for radical change.  Kevin Youkilis is the poster child for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]I'm amazed that discussions of Youkilis as a roster asset don't immediately and consistently include the subject of conditioning. Terry Francona, years ago on his status as Greek God of Walks:  "I've seen him in the shower; he's not the Greek God of Anything." When a random selection of PGA Tour members could kick our tails in a Superstars competition, it's time for radical change.  Kevin Youkilis is the poster child for that.
    Posted by ABQDan[/QUOTE]

Agreed, i love his heart but the guy is constantly ailing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE] Moonslow spamming t he thread with rants and prevarications, which resulted when he called for Ortiz to  be released and Lowell to Dh.

When exposed-just lie. Soken like a true right-wing nutcase.
    I never said release Papi...Never ever. You wanted him sent to the minors.

Also, Moonslow wants Wakefied and Varitek back in 2012

Yes, I want the best back-up catcher and 7th starter in MLB back next year at dirt low cost.

...and Ortiz money to be used elsewhere and Youk and Lowrie and Aviles splt Dh time and position work.

You are such a liar. I have never said I don't want Papi back. your reading comprehension skills rival your logic skills. Ab poster asked about our budget if we wanted to go young and let Papi, Paps, Wake, Vtek and Scutaro go. I provided a breakdown of what kids we'd have to fill in some slots and how Youk/lavarnway could fill in at DH and bard at closer with $38M to upgrade somewhere. I never said i was for the idea. please follow along. I have started numerous posts on our budget and choices next year. I never said we should not keep Papi. I have said the exact opposite. You either can't understand simple English or you lie. I think it's the latter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

just think Theo and Tito could have been more creative by "thinking out of the box" a bit more.  Weiland simply started too many games, or may have been left in too long in my opinion.

I agree. I wanted Theo to get another pitcher with Bedard at the deadline. I was shocked he didn't get a waiver deal done in late August.

However, I do think he planned as well as one can this past winter. There's no way to plan for Buchholtz getting hurt. Dice-K was more predictable, but when both were lost for the whole season, the pitching depth was over-used and taxed.

1) Beckett
    2) Lester
    3) Buchholtz
    4) Dice-K
    5) Lackey
    6) Bedard
    7) Wakefield
    8) Aceves
    9) Miller
    10) Doubront
    11 Weiland/Millwood/Tazawa/???

This winter list is deeper than almost any other team in MLB.

Lackey: many here thought it was a bad signing from day 1. (I liked the signing, but was obviously wrong.) However, nobody thought he'd decline this much and this fast. Had he just repeated 2010, we'd be close to 1st place now.
    Wake gave us a good 15 initial starts, then burned our or got distracted by "200".
    Aceves was needed in the pen when Wheeler and Jenks flamed out. (Also Hill and later Albers injury or implosion)
    Miller was a gamble, but a cheap one.
    Bedard was a gamble (injury history), but did not cost much.

I often judge GMs in hindisght. It's a natural thing to do, but I really think Theo had a good starting pitcher plan this year. True, he maybe dropped the ball on adjusting his plan as the season and injuries progressed, but overall, we had the horses, they just couldn't be led to the water enough times.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE] just think Theo and Tito could have been more creative by "thinking out of the box" a bit more.  Weiland simply started too many games, or may have been left in too long in my opinion. I agree. I wanted Theo to get another pitcher with Bedard at the deadline. I was shocked he didn't get a waiver deal done in late August. However, I do think he planned as well as one can this past winter. There's no way to plan for Buchholtz getting hurt. Dice-K was more predictable, but when both were lost for the whole season, the pitching depth was over-used and taxed. 1) Beckett 2) Lester 3) Buchholtz 4) Dice-K 5) Lackey 6) Bedard 7) Wakefield 8) Aceves 9) Miller 10) Doubront 11 Weiland/Millwood/Tazawa/??? This winter list is deeper than almost any other team in MLB. Lackey: many here thought it was a bad signing from day 1. (I liked the signing, but was obviously wrong.) However, nobody thought he'd decline this much and this fast. Had he just repeated 2010, we'd be close to 1st place now. Wake gave us a good 15 initial starts, then burned our or got distracted by "200". Aceves was needed in the pen when Wheeler and Jenks flamed out. (Also Hill and later Albers injury or implosion) Miller was a gamble, but a cheap one. Bedard was a gamble (injury history), but did not cost much. I often judge GMs in hindisght. It's a natural thing to do, but I really think Theo had a good starting pitcher plan this year. True, he maybe dropped the ball on adjusting his plan as the season and injuries progressed, but overall, we had the horses, they just couldn't be led to the water enough times.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

We agree moon, Theo's original plan appeared to be there, but it definitely could have been adjusted better throughout the season.  We allowed Tampa back in and our hands are now in the hands of the Yankees.  As fans all we can do is hope for the best, otherwise we may be talking about the off season much sooner than expected.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Moonslow, the Wakefield and Varitek and Lowell ceremonial union supporter. 

This thread isnt about Moonslow. Its about Epstein job performance and accountability.

George Washington and Moses were right wing nut cases. You are a left wing nut case, and posters note that Moonslow injected a political personal attack in this thread. NYT shills can do that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Moonslow, the Wakefield and Varitek and Lowell ceremonial union supporter.  This thread isnt about Moonslow. Its about Epstein job performance and accountability. George Washington and Moses were right wing nut cases. You are a left wing nut case, and posters note that Moonslow injected a political personal attack in this thread. NYT shills can do that.

lesspaul,

We will all be discussing Tek and Wake until management finally decides we have to players best suited to take over for them.  Could/should these decisions have been made in the past?  Absolutely, but in Wakes defense, he rarely gets hurt, has been a great team guy and still had a better year than Lackey while making very little salary. 

Tek is a different situation, during the season when both he and Salty were both producing it gave us a sufficient duo while Tek played mentor.  Now it's probably time for Lavarnway as back up to Salty and David next season.  Or, maybe look into the price of Y. Molina who is a solid all round catcher for Salty to learn more from.  My guess is the length of contract and salary may be too high for Yadier considering our other needs but I would love to have him.