Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In!

In Response to Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In!:
    [QUOTE]What was he thinking, bringing Bard in to pitch the 8th inning. He should have known he was going to give up those back to back dingers. Hey it's kind of quiet without all the whinning, hindsight is 100%, threads. I thought I'd take a stab at it.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

MN, humor works better if it's funny. Try reading a smiley thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In! : you do know that Obama stopped drilling in the gulf, but lent billions to Venezuela so they could  drill. Also in Venezuela  they  drill alot deeper than in the gulf. I think they call that hypocrisy
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

oh yes, i undertsand exactly where you are coming from.  Regardless,  In my post i was simply noting the cosmic converegnce of your posts' grammatical similarities to those of the imnimitable blargy-blarg and your oversimplified finger-pointing political soundbites to those of the inimitable Glenn Beck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd weather not Francona's fault, however the price of gas is just one person's fault & that is Obama plain & simple
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]
    Personally, I have no problem with gas prices. People need to quit driving so much, to be honest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

never watch Glen Beck, but since you & I seem to be on the different  side of politics lets see if we can agree on this. The Cubs are coming for the first time since 1918 I hope we dont wear those god awful red jerseys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Lloyd you can't be serious

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

I blame Carl Crawford for last nights win what a disgrace bases loaded and only 1 run in WTH?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

actually given Bard's troubles this yr, 'Coma should have yanked him after the first homer....but Paps pulled thru...honestly, I could "coach" this team to 94 victories

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]actually given Bard's troubles this yr, 'Coma should have yanked him after the first homer....but Paps pulled thru...honestly, I could "coach" this team to 94 victories
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding.  You say "given Bard's troubles" as a cover for using 20/20 hindsight.  So, your 8th inning guy gives up a homerun and you expect the manager to bound back out of the dugout and immediately pull him?  And others on this forum let you post this and say nothing about how ridiculous it sounds?  Unreal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

jim, do you even watch the games this yr???? Bard had imploded at least 5 times for crissakes...he should be given a short leash

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Not that short.  Yeah, I watch the games.  You can go ahead and be the smartest guy in the room.  I'm hear to tell you that what you suggest would never take place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like Bard, i was one of those big mouths that couldnt wait for pAPS to be replaced by Bard...but that aint happening this year...apparently Bard must throw the straightest 98 mph heater in the history of the game because everyone catches up to it..im serious about the short leash...tito has overused him imho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Poor Pike and the Pikettes, they were ahead of the curve on labeling the trolls as trolls.  Wasn't mike Nagy a huge critic of Pike?
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Your idea of who is a troll is a lot more encompassing than mine. I consider those who post solely to incite others trolls. Most people who blame Francona after the fact, for making decisions that were reasonable at the time, but didn't deliver the desired result, are not trolls in my opinion.

They are just people who are venting their frustrations unfairly. I don't question their loyalty to the sox, or accuse them of being closet yankee fans.

I don't accuse those who are willing to give up on the sox with every setback, of being trolls, just faint hearted people who give up too early.

The purpose of this thread is to point out how unreasonable it is to second guess Tito's decisions, when players don't do what he can reasonably expect them to do most of the time. He doesn't have the luxury of hindsight like those who criticize, after the fact. I'm not saying I don't question any decision he makes, but not reasonable moves just because they don't pan out.

I know trolls exist, but don't see them in every post that I don't agree with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If "trolls" didn't exist, Pike and his transparent life forms would find another reason to create board division. That's why he has returned in multiple form: It's a pathological need to segregate people.

It creates a lynch-mob mentality in that if you arent with him...you're against him. This psychotic disorder involves using such inane tactics as ridiculing by choice of abbreviations and even by name. If he doesn't like a particular name - like Zack - then that's grounds for interrogation.

The fool went over-board when he blatantly invaded people's privacy on a public forum. But as you can see, his obsession continues. He will go to any allowable length - and some that aren't - to create a scapegoat. He's a wanna-be cop.
    An old, lonely man. 

This board was elated when he and his varied identities were finally banned. Now this pollutant returns, and  he continues to ignore how he interrupts baseball threads because his obsession is the over-riding factor.

Pity the banned don't remain banned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

[QUOTE]If "trolls" didn't exist, Pike and his transparent life forms would find another reason to create board division. That's why he has returned in multiple form: It's a pathological need to segregate people. It creates a lynch-mob mentality in that if you arent with him...you're against him. This psychotic disorder involves using such inane tactics as ridiculing by choice of abbreviations and even by name. If he doesn't like a particular name - like Zack - then that's grounds for interrogation. The fool went over-board when he blatantly invaded people's privacy on a public forum. But as you can see, his obsession continues. He will go to any allowable length to create a scapegoat. This board was elated when he and his varied identities were finally banned. Now this pollutant returns, and  he continues to ignore how he interrupts baseball threads because his obsession is the over-riding factor. Pity the banned don't remain banned.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians on the Forum.

Actually the Forum is very, very slow. Banning posters isn`t the
    answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBw_da7BZk&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

jim, do you even watch the games this yr???? Bard had imploded at least 5 times for crissakes...he should be given a short leash

i like Bard, i was one of those big mouths that couldnt wait for pAPS to be replaced by Bard...but that aint happening this year...apparently Bard must throw the straightest 98 mph heater in the history of the game because everyone catches up to it..im serious about the short leash...tito has overused him imho

Not for nothing BUT you ask Jim if he even watches the games this year and then talk about Bard having the "straightest 98 mph heater...." when If YOU watched the game YOU would have seen a CHANGE -UP get hooked around the pole and then Cabrerra crush a hanging CURVE BALL over the monster In fact Bard BLEW a fastball past Cabrerra the pitch prior to the HR .........

Like I said Not for nothing and Im not trying to start any thing but I have been watching and its Bard secondary pitches that are getting him into trouble not his straight 98 MPH heat!!!!!!!!

PS If Tito was fired we would save a ton of money on GUM .....enough to maybe get Mark Teixeira and maybe Johan Santana!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah, but the gum saves on chewing tobacco.
    You have to look at the darker picture.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, but the gum saves on chewing tobacco. You have to look at the darker picture.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Ya but all that chewing tobacco given as a gift to Mrs Teixeira ..........................................................ya never know!!!!!!!

Fire Coma!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]jim, do you even watch the games this yr???? Bard had imploded at least 5 times for crissakes...he should be given a short leash i like Bard, i was one of those big mouths that couldnt wait for pAPS to be replaced by Bard...but that aint happening this year...apparently Bard must throw the straightest 98 mph heater in the history of the game because everyone catches up to it..im serious about the short leash...tito has overused him imho Not for nothing BUT you ask Jim if he even watches the games this year and then talk about Bard having the "straightest 98 mph heater...." when If YOU watched the game YOU would have seen a CHANGE -UP get hooked around the pole and then Cabrerra crush a hanging CURVE BALL over the monster In fact Bard BLEW a fastball past Cabrerra the pitch prior to the HR ......... Like I said Not for nothing and Im not trying to start any thing but I have been watching and its Bard secondary pitches that are getting him into trouble not his straight 98 MPH heat!!!!!!!! PS If Tito was fired we would save a ton of money on GUM .....enough to maybe get Mark Teixeira and maybe Johan Santana!!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

i was making a general statement about Bard...and it is his fastball that causes most of his problems despite the off speed failings a few nites ago....sorry but facts are stubborn things....go thru all the games he's blown this year and tell me how many pitches were off speed...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Francoma! He Never Should Have Brought Bard In! : i was making a general statement about Bard...and it is his fastball that causes most of his problems despite the off speed failings a few nites ago....sorry but facts are stubborn things....go thru all the games he's blown this year and tell me how many pitches were off speed...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I Know how many were off speed that was the point of my post!!!!!!!!!