Fire Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Fire Francona

In Response to Re: Fire Francona:
    [QUOTE]Go fire yourself.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]That was dangerously close to what I was going to say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So in just one night of baseball

-Showalter leaves Tillman in for 6 runs and 2 baserunners
    -Arizona manager leaves Kennedy in for 9 runs
    -Gardenhire leaves Liriano in for 7 runs

Any of the doofuses who think Tito waits too long to pull a starter who's struggling want to comment on what all this might mean? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"He didn't make the playoffs last year with one of the highest payrolls in the league"

The yankees didnt make the playoffs with THE biggest payroll a couple years ago.. Didnt win the series for almost 10 with THE biggest payroll..What is your point?

Hurts doesn't it.

What? your posts? Yes they do...
    Were not "apologists", as you suggest. We just OBVIOUSLY know the game much better than you and your fellow bashers, who laughably think they could do a better job...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]So in just one night of baseball -Showalter leaves Tillman in for 6 runs and 2 baserunners -Arizona manager leaves Kennedy in for 9 runs -Gardenhire leaves Liriano in for 7 runs Any of the doofuses who think Tito waits too long to pull a starter who's struggling want to comment on what all this might mean? 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

If you get an answer do you actually think it will be intelligent? They will dance around the facts like they always do..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I love reading old sky is falling threads.  The OP and the first few responses are worth the price of admission.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

jim - old is right. This thread is getting on two years in July.

Enough! Give it a rest!

Who's bumping this stuff, anyway?

Oh, wait!  I am. Just by posting this. 

But I digress...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]jim - old is right. This thread is getting on two years in July. Enough! Give it a rest! Who's bumping this stuff, anyway? Oh, wait!  I am. Just by posting this.  But I digress...
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Summer, this thread is only two WEEKS old, not 2 years.  That is what makes it so funny to read.  There have been many fire Tito threads as we all know but this one is particularly funny since the turnaround came immediately after the sky started falling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Francona : Summer, this thread is only two WEEKS old, not 2 years.  That is what makes it so funny to read.  There have been many fire Tito threads as we all know but this one is particularly funny since the turnaround came immediately after the sky started falling.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if the Sox lose 2 in a row during the season,we'll see more threads like this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I stand corrected, jim. Thanks. It truly is two weeks old, and that is two weeks too many.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

ll

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I stand corrected, jim. Thanks. It truly is two weeks old, and that is two weeks too many.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree with you there!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

If any in game decisions have to be made they may well lose. Notice all Tito has had to do is fill out a lineup card lately(good thing). He sure hasn't done ANYTHING this season to help the team. He is like an Anti-Manager. The sox win inspite of him, not because of him 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Francona : I'm sure if the Sox lose 2 in a row during the season,we'll see more threads like this.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It seems as though there are just as many offenders as defenders on this subject.
    My only question would be, if Francona is such a good manager, why has he not been named MOY?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

[QUOTE]It seems as though there are just as many offenders as defenders on this subject. My only question would be, if Francona is such a good manager, why has he not been named MOY?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

In a given year only one out of 30 managers gets the MOY award.
    Only one team of 30 wins the World Series.
    Only one high school senior in their class becomes valedictorian.
    Only one teams wins the title in NFL, NBA, NHL
    Most on the forum ( over 90%) think that Francona is a good manager
    Far from half.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]It seems as though there are just as many offenders as defenders on this subject. My only question would be, if Francona is such a good manager, why has he not been named MOY?

A better question is to ask how many WS winning managers HAVE been named MOY?  If you tell me that EVERY other WS winner gets the honor but Tito does not, you might have a point.  Any other outcome makes my point for me.  By the way, there was no better manager in 2010 based on injuries and outcome.  Tito did one of his best jobs.  He is respected inside the game and by his players. That is all I need.  They play hard for him, he has their back, and takes grief from an unappreciative fan base.  The guy is awesome, plain and simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

First because managerial performance is an intangible that's difficult to judge.  Second because the voters, the writers, have very little idea what to base their votes on, so they usually go with the easiest indicator, which is teams' improvement over the previous year.  

Francona inherited a 95-win team and his job has been to maintain it, which he has.  But no big jumps from year to year to impress the writers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

Does Alibiike try to annoy or does it just come naturally?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't think "IKE" s  the brightest bulb on the board, but hs question is legit.
    I always thought voting was based on what manager did the most with what he had to work with.

Managers in big markets have that mark against them. Perhaps rightfully so, but that doesn't mean they are any the less for it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Fire Francona:
    [QUOTE]At what point does Francona actually have to take some responsibilty for his losses? He doesn't manage games- he is perpetually managing the season. Sometimes you have to manage games. He does it in the postseason, but he's the worst game manager in baseball during the regular season. No bunts, no pinch hits, terrible pitching management. Since Schilling left we've looked like a bunch of undisciplined 4th graders out there. I'm beginning to think Schilling was Tito's brain. Starting McDonald in the 3rd game of the year on a team with Drew and Cameron on the bench. Letting Salty hit (he was like 0-10 at the time) in the 7th inning with two men on and 1 out in a 3-1 game, with Drew and Cameron on the bench. Waiting till Lackey had given up 9 runs to put Wake in. Waiting till Dice K had given up 7 runs and let two more get on base before putting Wake in. I could go on and on. All you have to do is watch one game to see moves he misses.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much accepted that a manager only affects a positive outcome in a game a grand total of 6 times a year.  Lol.  It's up to the players to perform up to their ability and that's it.  I had two german shepherds trained to guard the premises.  Whether I was right there encouraging them to attack or off at the sportsbar or stripclub downing way too much tequila, they did their job and very well I might add.  Lol.  Essentially that's about the same as managers filling out the lineup card.  It's up to the guys to play ball like they're supposed to.