Fire the piece of garbage Francona!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Re: Fire the piece of garbage Francona!

But you didn't answer my question Pesky. Should you be allowed to miss the playoffs two years in a row with that much talent?

Is Tito to be held responsible for anything?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

In Response to Re: Fire the piece of garbage Francona!:
    Ok, I have been saying for the past month that the Sox should make Maddon an offer he can't refuse. Just examine what he has done year after with the Rays and with far less talent than the Red Sox. RED SOX NATION SHOULD BAN TOGETHER AND LET THE OWNERS KNOW THAT WE WANT MADDON />

[QUOTE]Man, you guys are priceless. The point is that Lackey and Crawford are proven great players and they turn to crap under Francona. Don't you wonder how Lackey was an ace for so long under Sciosia, or how Crawford was an All Star for so long under Maddon. Seriously, compare Maddon to Francona. Really, you guys need to just shut up tonight.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

That is an unfair comparision. I contend that if Maddon had managed the Sox this year the sox would be preparing for the playoffs.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire the piece of garbage Francona! : Ok...let's compare Francona 2 rings   Maddon 0 rings
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am advocating for a new manager however I disapprove of dissing the man with headlines such as "moron, garbage, etc.," as these are cruel terms for a manager who helped bring two rings. Perhaps his time has come but he deserves respect none the less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Last night Darnell McDonald hit a pop fly to just the right spot in right field. The ball landed in between the 2nd baseman, the 1st baseman, and the rightfielder. When it landed it glanced off a players glove and went about 10 feet away. A player with McDonald's speed should've easily been on 3rd, but he pouted and jogged down to first base, only pulling into 2nd after the ball landed.

It's the manager's responsibility to fix that right when it happens, which should have been several years ago for Francona. On this team that's the norm.

On the Yankees, even Teixeira runs out popups. He hustles his a ss off. So does everyone else. And everyone on the Rays too. Watch them.

On our team, a player that hits .230 can loaf and not get a word said to him. That's on Francona.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Oh, and McDonald would have scored and didn't. His loafing cost us a run.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Who could deny that the past two seasons, in particular, the teams fundementals have fallen off the table completely. There hasn't been any sense of urgency all season and I believe this team thought they could just turn it on at any minute and that obvioulsy didn't happen !! Who is the blame for that ?? The manager !!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

In Response to Fire the piece of garbage Francona!:
    [QUOTE]Two more little league baserunning errors tonight and during a season you really need a manager that can tell players when they've screwed up and not just say, "oh, that's in the past" all season long. I was complaining about Francona when we were winning because bad baseball is bad baseball, and it usually catches up with you. That's three times in recent years it's caught up with Francona. He gets more talent than anybody and does so little with it. A frog could've managed this team to 100 wins. Francona managed 90. Fire the clown.

Nice that you call the best manager this team has had in 93 YEARS...a "Piece of garbage". When you mess up at work (as you surely do...assuming you have a job) Does your boss call you a piece of garbage? Grow up!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

He might be grown..... but he is NOT a man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

Hey when you've seen his idiocy for as long as I have you realize that as a manager he truly is a piece of garbage.

I watch many of the games on the other team's home network. The announcers always start off talking about what a great manager he is. I grimace and wait because by the end of the game they are usually flummoxed that he either did or didn't do something. It's usually that he didn't do something, hence the "coma" comments.

He's an awful baseball manager and that's what it took to keep this team of MVP candidates out of the postseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Hey when you've seen his idiocy for as long as I have you realize that as a manager he truly is a piece of garbage. I watch many of the games on the other team's home network. The announcers always start off talking about what a great manager he is. I grimace and wait because by the end of the game they are usually flummoxed that he either did or didn't do something. It's usually that he didn't do something, hence the "coma" comments. He's an awful baseball manager and that's what it took to keep this team of MVP candidates out of the postseason.

Your out of line dude.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

or...calling him a piece of garbage....yeah...because of when you think of Francona the first thing that should come to your mind is that he is a piece of garbage...classic crap

Let me call your attention to an earlier posting to this thread...

First: 6/22/2008
    Last: 9/29/2011
    I don't think Francona should be fired and he certainly
     isn't a piece of garbage. I think he should just resign
     or step aside. I look foward to following his career
    with another team !!
    GO SOX 2012 !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

When we have seen him for as long as you have? Did he manage some games that only you got to see? You have NO IDEA waht makes a good major league manager...you just need someone to bash little boy.... I will ask the question that NEVER gets answered by people like you.... who would you replace him with? Answer with candidates who are not currently under contract to another team, dead or have no experience managing at any level. You wont answer of course...but I will wait. You piece of garbage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

How about when the media would ask Francona about a specific awful play. A sloppy, no hustle play that you should never see in MLB. Francona, night after night, would say, "that's in the past" and "he tries harder than anybody" and "we're focused on the future because what happened in the past doesn't matter".

Well, it never got fixed. It just never got fixed. It didn't last year either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

Hey LOOK SCOTT DIDN"T ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

null, you are another Tito bootlicking fool.

I'd love Tom Foley, current Rays 3rd base coach. Worked under McRae, Piniella, and now Maddon. Great man too.

You were wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I said I was all for a change - I have been upset with him for more than just 2011 - but your out of line by calling him names that you would never dare call someone to their face because you likley would get punched for it. Your not anyone I would hope to know.

Sections
Shortcuts