Fireman/Softy time to own this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Fireman/Softy time to own this

You said the Sox wouldn't win this series they did. He keep taking about the fatal flaw but never said what it was. You said Drew shouldn't play. You claimed the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I think(I know you won't) you should ssy you were wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Fireman/Softy time to own this

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

You said the Sox wouldn't win this series they did. He keep taking about the fatal flaw but never said what it was. You said Drew shouldn't play. You claimed the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I think(I know you won't) you should ssy you were wrong.

We won't be seeing him around here for quite a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He won't re-surface until something happens hat he can spin as an event he was right about for a long time, and therefore he needs to be taken more seriously...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to notin's comment:

He won't re-surface until something happens hat he can spin as an event he was right about for a long time, and therefore he needs to be taken more seriously...

Classic softy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't underestimate him.  He's probably working on his World Series Matchup Preview this very moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

He's probably just sitting back enjoying the fact that even without posting for days, 3 of the top 7 threads on the front burner are about him.

If his posts bother you just ignore him and definitely don't start threads in his honor.

If you're like me and enjoy the comedy that is softy than just sit back, enjoy the ride and hope he comes back soon with more.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

is there anyone posting on this thread who thought the sox would win the alcs?  Because if you did and predicted it, you should be getting paid a lot of money for your thoughts.

Weak criteria to start dishing out money as every team has Homers who predict them to win every year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

is there anyone posting on this thread who thought the sox would win the alcs?  Because if you did and predicted it, you should be getting paid a lot of money for your thoughts.

Of course there are!  Most of us predicted this.  NOT that that makes us brilliant prognosticators, as stiffy believes one right call might make him, but it does make us die-hard Red Sox fans.  Stiffy would know nothing about this, as he's nothing short of a Yankee troll.  We all get this, & have a blast calling him out when he looks like a fool.  Painting the clown face on him does take a ton of ink though, especially in 2013, & we're happy to provide the brilliant prose to do so. 

To all the whiners who want to carry Stiffy's water & hold his jock strap, who constantly bemoan the notion that He's "just yanking our chains?"  Blow it out your arzzsses!  Guess what?  We LOVE TO yank right back.  2013 has given us a daily feast of YANKAGE.  I've never seen a troll be so wrong so often.  He gives trolls a bad name.  :)  I don't care whether he's a BDC shill, as some think, paid to troll & create controversy, or otherwise.  Stiffy is still a true believer in his delusions.  Whether it's all things Red Sox, or his vile socio-political views, it's so much fun shoving them right back up the pipe he pulls this excremental waste from.  

So carry on sycophantic jock strap sniffers.  It's so much fun to toy with you as well!  ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  Yes!  I predicted "X + (X + 20) = 162" directly after ST, with the sox at X + 20, or 91 wins.

To the contrary, Stiffy claims to have pegged 91 as the most wins for the Sox.  It's been fun catching him in yet another lie, as he clearly said on innumerable threads that this was a pathetic group of washed up losers "who would NEVER make the posts season."  He did say on one thread, which has already been deliniated ad nauseum, that "the Sox "SHOULD WIN 91 games because of their bloated roster payroll, BUT ABSOLUTELY would not even make the post season because BC foolishly blew his wad on a bunch of has beens, never weres, & outright losers."

It's so much fun shoving this up his posterior ;)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

You said the Sox wouldn't win this series they did.

Uh, no I didn't. I said, with Miggy injured but still dangerous, the series was "evenly matched". If not for the incompetence of Leyland, the Tigers win the series.

He keep taking about the fatal flaw but never said what it was.

I've said many times what it is, and if not for Miggy being injured the Tigers win this series in 5 games or less.

You said Drew shouldn't play.

What about Drew's virtual zero 2012 and 2013 playoff OPS says he should play over Middlebrooks and Bogaerts. Nothing! The "look at his defense" was nothing but spin to take attention away from how pitiful he was at the plate. He was a total flop, and the "look at his defense" is a pitiful attempt to distract from the worst position player in the entire MLB post season.  

You claimed the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I think(I know you won't) you should ssy you were wrong.

I never claimed "the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I correctly stated that the 97 wins, instead of low 90's, was a result of the Yankees getting season long injury to Tex. And it was. 

I understand the need to proudly beat the chest, but Red Sox players and management have unfinished business. 

I am sorry I have never seen you explain exactly what our fatal flaw is (unless it is the imcompetencce of our front office which you constantly refer to). would you kindly please explain what this fatal flaw is exactly ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought we had a good shot until i saw their starting pitching...and the old saying is that pitching wins titles...well it didnt (unless you count our relief pitching) 

ive never seen a team lose a series like Tigers where their starters were so dominant and got beat like they did...weird but not shocking given this team of sox players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

You said the Sox wouldn't win this series they did.

Uh, no I didn't. I said, with Miggy injured but still dangerous, the series was "evenly matched". If not for the incompetence of Leyland, the Tigers win the series.

He keep taking about the fatal flaw but never said what it was.

I've said many times what it is, and if not for Miggy being injured the Tigers win this series in 5 games or less.

You said Drew shouldn't play.

What about Drew's virtual zero 2012 and 2013 playoff OPS says he should play over Middlebrooks and Bogaerts. Nothing! The "look at his defense" was nothing but spin to take attention away from how pitiful he was at the plate. He was a total flop, and the "look at his defense" is a pitiful attempt to distract from the worst position player in the entire MLB post season.  

You claimed the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I think(I know you won't) you should ssy you were wrong.

I never claimed "the Sox success was solely because of the lack of success by the Yankees. I correctly stated that the 97 wins, instead of low 90's, was a result of the Yankees getting season long injury to Tex. And it was. 

I understand the need to proudly beat the chest, but Red Sox players and management have unfinished business. 

I am sorry I have never seen you explain exactly what our fatal flaw is (unless it is the imcompetencce of our front office which you constantly refer to). would you kindly please explain what this fatal flaw is exactly ?

Also---- I find the following quote hilarious:

If the RedSox lost the series because Big Papi or Ellsbury was hurt you would claim that the imcompetent RedSox front office should have forseen that and been better prepared. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i thought we had a good shot until i saw their starting pitching...and the old saying is that pitching wins titles...well it didnt (unless you count our relief pitching) 

ive never seen a team lose a series like Tigers where their starters were so dominant and got beat like they did...weird but not shocking given this team of sox players

they had a marginally better rotation but the sox had a decent-huge lead in virtually every other category especially defense and speed on the bases.

the sox won the series as they (the better team) should have. all is well in the world

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Looks like it is time for a new Softy ID.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I was scared to death of the Tigers rotation, plus they have a good lineup.  In fact, Sanchez, Scherzer, and Verlander all pitched very well, but the Sox took game 2 largely because of Ortiz's miracle grandslam against their bullpen and game 3 because of Lackey's brilliant start and Napoli's solo dinger. 

redsoxfireman actually didn't predict either way.  He did predict/guarantee the Sox win in the ALDS, but was equivocal about the ALCS. 

He did identify the fatal flaw, which was in the Sox lineup, specifically, Napoli following Ortiz.  He believed this would negate Ortiz's big bat because Leyland would always walk him if 1B was open, etc.  Problem was, 1B wasn't open in the 8th of game 2 because the bases were loaded.  Detroit then had a 5-1 lead and up to then their pitching in games 1 and 2 had dominated the Sox lineup, including Ortiz, who had 4 K's in those two games.  So Leyland did not call for the IBB.  Statistically, walking someone intentionally with the bases loaded has been done 6 times in 130 years of MLB history, so not walking Ortiz could hardly be called remarkable.  When the ALCS was over, Ortiz had an OPS of .422 and Napoli .950 or thereabouts.  So the fatal flaw wasn't quite so fatal.

Fireman also said Middlebrooks would be one key to the Sox winning or losing the ALCS.  Nope.  Middlebrooks got benched for game 6 for not hitting.  Drew could have been benched, but was clearly our best SS.

Speaking of which, redsoxfireman assured us that Iglesias was/is vastly superior to Drew at SS.  Brilliant, yes.  But not vastly superior.  In the ALCS Iglesias committed two errors, both of which led to unearned runs, one the winning run in game 2.  In the postseason Iglesias was part of 2 double plays, but Drew was part of 11.  This was not Iglesias's fault, but does show why Farrell stuck with Drew even though he wasn't hitting.  This was also, I think, one of the reasons the Sox, who had invested a lot money ($8M in salary alone) in Iglesias, were willing to let him go.  A great fielder, but Drew was more consistent and a better hitter.  Plus the backup SS turned out to be Bogaerts, who is likely to be better than Drew or Iglesias.  Plus the Sox had a shot at the postseason and needed another starter with Buchholz out, etc. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

What did he get banned for this time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

What did he get banned for this time?

intentionally.

so all of his posts under the fireman would be deleted and nobody would have any proof that he made all these insane statements.

He is just trying to save face. It is easier to get yourself banned than it is to actually admit that you have been wrong on every single position since 1998..

but, just like the last time he got himself banned, he will eventually show his face again, we will all make fun of him for the ignorant proclamations he spewed, he will deny he ever made them and attempt to spin the criteria to make it look like he was right the entire time.

of course none of that will work and a few months after his return he will have dug another hole in which the only way to escape is to committ BDC suicide yet again and the process starts all over. He is the epitome of cowardice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Geo you should not even be allowed to enjoy this. You came on here and started a thread about how the Redsox would be swept. You are truly pathetic and will bail on them again at some point during the WS. Get lost.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it's always fun to play the which new poster is softy? game.  he tries to be inconspicuous his first few posts but then cannot help himself.

i dont think he will be able to stay away for very long.  especially if (god forbid) the Sox lose game 1.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Yeah....he's banned.  Let's maybe talk baseball and this great run and not about a fan of another team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We beat them with even better pitching. 

Sections
Shortcuts