First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........

Give Verlander his due.......  For we get back at it on Saturday !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........

Don't panic after one game? What, are you new here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

How bout, give Lester his due.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

They'll never dig themselves out of this hole. Another lost season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Bill, is this an exercise your therapist has you working on?  Positive self talk to help manage irrational fears.  Well I'm all for it if it means less doom and gloom from you.

Agree, Verlander was great, as was Lester.  Frustrating to give the game right back to them after we tied it up like we did.  Sweeney's ball was so close to getting out.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........:
    Bill, is this an exercise your therapist has you working on?  Positive self talk to help manage irrational fears.  Well I'm all for it if it means less doom and gloom from you. Agree, Verlander was great, as was Lester.  Frustrating to give the game right back to them after we tied it up like we did.  Sweeney's ball was so close to getting out.....
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Ahh it was about a foot short of the wall and needed another 15 ft in hieght. That was not even close to a HR in the 9th

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here.......... : Ahh it was about a foot short of the wall and needed another 15 ft in hieght. That was not even close to a HR in the 9th
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I thought it hit the wall on the fly but I didn't see any replays.  I know it is HR in Yankee stadium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Excellent pitching duel. Someone had to lose the game. Actually found myself rooting for Boston in the 9th because Aceves is on my fantasy league team. Very strange indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Honestly, after last years start, I'd be thrilled with 3-3 on this opening trip. 4-2 and I might pass out...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill, is this an exercise your therapist has you working on?  Positive self talk to help manage irrational fears.  Well I'm all for it if it means less doom and gloom from you. Agree, Verlander was great, as was Lester.  Frustrating to give the game right back to them after we tied it up like we did.  Sweeney's ball was so close to getting out.....
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards
    Thanks TMC.....  However, I reserve the right to point out problems as we go along.......  SS, 3rd, and catcher bares watching....... We have youth,speed, defense, power, waiting in the wings.......  Far be it, after 1 game for me to panic !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........":
    In Response to Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here.......... : Thanks TMC.....  However, I reserve the right to point out problems as we go along.......  SS, 3rd, and catcher bares watching....... We have youth,speed, defense, power, waiting in the wings.......  Far be it, after 1 game for me to panic !!! Posted by Bill-806
    As dad would say "Son, only panic when the team starts 0-6 and 2-10."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't worry the Pen's effectiveness will be proportional to the level of competition.  When do we play Toronto?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Don't worry the Pen's effectiveness will be proportional to the level of competition.  When do we play Toronto?
    Posted by tcal2-

next....mon, tues wed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here.......... : next....mon, tues wed.
    Posted by J-BAY

lol, sweet.  Glad I missed the game and game thread today J, I would of been cursing up a storm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: First game in the books...Let's not panic here.......... : lol, sweet.  Glad I missed the game and game thread today J, I would of been cursing up a storm.
    Posted by tcal2-

Curse... not you, t-calTongue outa good game thread to jump start  the season. most of the usual suspects. solid effort and come back, just fell short. good to see Lester come out strong. no shame in losing to Verlander at home. Regardless, good to finally be underway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

What, you mean it's not "Fire Valentine and Cherington, trade Aceves, send Melancon to Triple-A, bench Ellsbury, cut Salty, the sky is falling, they're done, worst team ever, enjoy fifth place!" time yet? 

Maybe in a week or so?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to First game in the books...Let's not panic here..........:
       Give Verlander his due.......  For we get back at it on Saturday !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Did someone hack your account and post under your name?

You're usually leading the line to the bridge.

Tongue out

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Red Sox are 7-21 in their last 28 regular season games.... OMG OMG!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Excellent pitching duel. Someone had to lose the game. Actually found myself rooting for Boston in the 9th because Aceves is on my fantasy league team. Very strange indeed.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I don't think it's strange.  I think down deep you like the sox and that's why you hang out with us Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

As Earl Weaver used to say "well we know we won't be going undefeated"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As Earl Weaver used to say "well we know we won't be going undefeated"
    Posted by stan17
    Not every team gets a BLUE RIBBON after every game !!!

Sections
Shortcuts