First pitches, Orioles vs. Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

First pitches, Orioles vs. Sox

I am probably wrong, but I did have the impression in the recent 4 game series that the Orioles pitchers were far more aggressive than the Sox pitchers about getting that 0-1 count.  They were helped of course by the Sox tendency to take the first pitch. 

When our guys were pitching, on the other hand, I think most Orioles hitters had the green light to swing at first pitch fastballs near the center.  And they had the green light because like 80% of the time, maybe more, the first pitch by a Sox pitcher is a fast ball. 

Feel free to comment because I'm not at all sure about the above. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: First pitches, Orioles vs. Sox

Max I agree with you not sure where you're going with this.

Two different philosophies on hitting. Sox want to see a lot of pitches, the O's would prefer to be aggressive. Occasionally I'd like to see the Sox more aggressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: First pitches, Orioles vs. Sox

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Max I agree with you not sure where you're going with this.

Two different philosophies on hitting. Sox want to see a lot of pitches, the O's would prefer to be agressive. Occasionally I'd like to see the Sox more agressive.

Agree, & when the other team knows what your going to do, then they have the edge !!!         >RESPECT

Sections
Shortcuts