First visit to Fenway!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

First visit to Fenway!

After 3 flights , totalling 9137 miles, ( from New Zealand) i will be at Fenway for the series v the yankees next weekend.

Any tips to enhance the experience will be very appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: First visit to Fenway!

And I thought driving 2 hours was a trip. Have a great time.  

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/headed-to-boston-/100/6577066

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Use a restroom outside Fenway before entering.

Have an Italian sausage with onions on the street before and/or after the game.

Avoid sitting along the right grandfield stands as they do not face home plate and you will leave the park with a stiff neck.

Enjoy the game. It will be an everlasting memory.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Get to Fenway a little early and take the tour.Here's a link to read about it:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp

Have a great time and enjoy the games !!

GO RED SOX !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Get there early and just soak it all in. If you can take the tour, Id do that. Take lots of pics and enjoy a good sausage and your favorite dark beer out on the street behind home plate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Get there early and just soak it all in. If you can take the tour, Id do that. Take lots of pics and enjoy a good sausage and your favorite dark beer out on the street behind home plate.

The Sausage King, on Lansdown Street. You can't miss him, wearing the crown. You can buy beer on Yawkey way, across from the souvenir store. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

After 3 flights , totally 9137 miles, ( from New Zealand) i will be at Frunway for the series v the yankees next weekend.

You are now officially the Red Sox fan of the year.  For your extraordinary dedication, you will get the royal, red carpet treatment. A seat in the owner's box, free hot dogs from Jerry Remy and a big hug from Jenny Dell. Congratulations, Oscar.    P.S.  All of the above suggestions are good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Cask & Flagon across the street has a nice atmosphere.

And like everyone else says, sausage and Peppers on the street are outstanding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

All great ideas, don't forget the peanuts! 

My son spent 6 months in New Zealand after he graduated from collage.  He worked at the Mud Brick ( I beleive that's the name ) then traveled around the country.  He had a great time and still talks about it.

Enjoy your game!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

After 3 flights , totally 9137 miles, ( from New Zealand) i will be at Frunway for the series v the yankees next weekend.

Make sure you have tickets! Get there early and walk around the immediate area surrounding Fenway Park, there are plenty of places for taking snapshots of your visit. There also Trolley buses you can take if walking the area is not something you would choose to do. If you get there early enough you can get tour tickets which would allow you to tour the seating areas including the Green Monster seats. If I were you as it's your first time I would call up the folks at Fenway and ask them about their tours and explain that you are coming from 9100 miles to see Fenway Park if you ask them specifically about their Fieldd tours they might be able to put you the field tour list. Which would allow you to watch Batting practice from home plate on the field itself. Good luck I took that tour about 2 weeks ago and it's a special feeling to be on the playing field itself. However the ambiance of Fenway will engulf you and the vendors will offer many types of things for you to buy...  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

KUDOS FOR YOUR DETERMINATION!!!

You made me smile a great huge smile.  Enjoy your time.  Pic's, lots of pics.   Listen to the fellow fans in their guidance about a tour and enjoying the atmosphere, esp v the Evil Empire. 

I cannot tell you anything precise to do, since it has been a long time between now and my last visit.   Hehe .... used to get into the bleachers for a buck ...

Enjoy!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Get there early----Do not just run into the park.

Walk around and take it all in. There will be plenty to see especially with the game being against the NYY.

Yes have a sausage with onions and peppers

When you go into the park walk around it under the seats first, again taking it all in.

Then for the piece de resistance walk into the field from behind the RS dug out and

TAKE IT ALL IN.

BTW the bathrooms are not as bad as they were a while back.

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Thanks for the tips guys.

Going on the Fenway tour, visiting the cask and flagon, and definitely throwing down a couple of sausages with onions and peppers! 

GO SOX!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Going on the Fenway tour, visiting the cask and flagon, and definitely throwing down a couple of sausages with onions and peppers! 

GO SOX!

Were you put on the list I suggested or are you just doing the seating tour?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to oscars's comment:

GO SOX!

ha! you hot ticket. listen bro, get there nice and early. take in the sights and the smells. definately do a sausage with onions and peppahs bro. do a few brews and then do a steak tip sub to boot. going to fenway is really a once in a life time experience when your from a long long away place. that said, you going to see the sox vs the evil empire is fkn priceless man. have a really good time man. I'll be there with you in spirit. I live in the boston area and have nesn so I'll be kickin back and watching with you. have a great time.

your new buddy,

Hammah!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to oscars's comment:

GO SOX! 

ha! you hot ticket. listen bro, get there nice and early. take in the sights and the smells. definately do a sausage with onions and peppahs bro. do a few brews and then do a steak tip sub to boot. going to fenway is really a once in a life time experience when your from a long long away place. that said, you going to see the sox vs the evil empire is fkn priceless man. have a really good time man. I'll be there with you in spirit. I live in the boston area and have nesn so I'll be kickin back and watching with you. have a great time.

your new buddy,

Hammah!

Thanks mate!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I can't help but wonder if anyone has told Jenny Dell & Co. that these people are coming from New Zeland for their first trip to Fenway.  They'd make a great interview for the NESN's "People with an interesting story" segment. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I can't help but wonder if anyone has told Jenny Dell & Co. that these people are coming from New Zeland for their first trip to Fenway.  They'd make a great interview for the NESN's "People with an interesting story" segment. 

True.

It would be tought to find anyone that's traveled farther.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Good point !! He'd also get a couple of Fenway Franks from Remy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

You should stop at El Tiante's restaurant on Yawkey Way. The great Luis Tiant may be there, signing autographs. I was lucky enough to get his autograph on my game ticket one time. I also like his Cuban sandwiches.

Loo-ee! Loo-ee! Loo-ee!

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Enjoy the game and defintely take the suggestions from the other posters, but also make sure you take advantage of everything else Boston offers...one of the best cities the U.S. can offer.....History....good food....great nightlife...great people....and as a New Yorker I am allowed to say all that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Getting there early is good advice.  Get there for batting practice and walk around the park.  Take some pictures and when you walk up the stairs, keep your eyes front so you see the field.  Seeing the field for the first time is something I have never forgotten.

I went to the saturday and Sunday night game against the yankees.

Kuroda pitched well, with Lackey not quite as good.

The rollercoaster 8-7 win was a amazing buzz, with Napoli's walk off HR. 

I had lunch at Remy's, a drink at the cask & flagon, the best sausage I've ever had, and did the fenway tour(  I got to walk around part of the warning track)

All in all, it was everything I had hoped for and more. I'll be back!

GO SOX

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Getting there early is good advice.  Get there for batting practice and walk around the park.  Take some pictures and when you walk up the stairs, keep your eyes front so you see the field.  Seeing the field for the first time is something I have never forgotten.

I went to the saturday and Sunday night game against the yankees.

Kuroda pitched well, with Lackey not quite as good.

The rollercoaster 8-7 win was a amazing buzz, with Napoli's walk off HR. 

I had lunch at Remy's, a drink at the cask & flagon, the best sausage I've ever had, and did the fenway tour(  I got to walk around part of the warning track)

All in all, it was everything I had hoped for and more. I'll be back!

GO SOX

Good to hear, oscars. Got your money's worth Sunday, extras and a walk off. Glad you survived the heat and the Yankee fans!