[QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you thought the Yankees choked then you thought they had the better team

The Yankees had the better team. The Red Sox had the better middle of the lineup. The Yankees don't win the division with 100 plus wins and go up 3-0 unless they were the better team. It took the greatest choke job in MLB playoff history. The Red Sox pulled the greatest choke job in regular season history. The two teams are locked in history in a way that it's impossible not to think of one without the other.

[/QUOTE]

If they were the better team because of 100 wins and going up 3-0 does that not make the RS the better team due to winning the next 4 games? Also how did the NYY choke? They were out played there was nothing they did or did not due that shows any type of chocking.

[/QUOTE]

Jim, The Yankees had plenty of chances to close out that series. They failed each time. When the series was 3 games to 2 heading back to NY you could see the pressure building on the players. IMO the yankee players got away from their game and played tight,nervous baseball. In a way they made it easy for the trash talking idiots. Mo didn't get a standing O at Fenway on opening day 2005 for nothing.

2007 was different. The Sox were clearly the best team in baseball that year.

[/QUOTE]

The 2004 ALCS is a great example of why I abhor the 5 game series.

The short series gives the advantage to the weaker team.

All you need is a couple of decent starters and a few guys to get hot.

If the ALCS was a 5 game series the Yankees would have prevailed shutting out the Sox 3-0.

A 7 game series gives the stronger team more of an opportunity to get things going, which is what happened in the 2004 ALCS. Especially an advantage to a team with a deeper pen.

Then the Red Sox went on to destroy the Cardinal 4-0 in the World Series, winning 7 games in a row against two of the best teams in the game, but I suppose the Cards choked too.

[/QUOTE] 

Sox were a better team than the Cards. Having their ace on the shelf didn't hurt either.

How bout them cowboys.

One playoff win (wild card) in 15 years.

Romo being Romo again last night.

[/QUOTE]

Cowboy defense decimated by injuries.

Last night without 5 starters on defense, starting nose tackle Jay Ratliff, DE Kenyon Coleman the two great young inside line backers Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, starting safty Barry Church.

Demarcus Ware playing situational downs because of a shoulder and elbow issues he needs off season surgery for.

I'm surprised they hung in the standings as long as they did, the defense was shot.

Even if they won there is no way they beat Seattle. Feeling cocky about the Pats?

If they get out of the AFC whoever they face from the NFC will destroy them.

Jets, Dolphins and Bills is the worst division in football. There's 6 wins.

How about them Celts? No Celtic talk out of you this season I noticed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Flashback: 10 things that still amaze me about the 2004 ALCS

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about those Siena Saints.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Riddler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Yankees had the better team. The Red Sox had the better middle of the lineup. The Yankees don't win the division with 100 plus wins and go up 3-0 unless they were the better team. It took the greatest choke job in MLB playoff history. The Red Sox pulled the greatest choke job in regular season history. The two teams are locked in history in a way that it's impossible not to think of one without the other.

[/QUOTE]

If they were the better team because of 100 wins and going up 3-0 does that not make the RS the better team due to winning the next 4 games? Also how did the NYY choke? They were out played there was nothing they did or did not due that shows any type of chocking.

[/QUOTE]

Jim, The Yankees had plenty of chances to close out that series. They failed each time. When the series was 3 games to 2 heading back to NY you could see the pressure building on the players. IMO the yankee players got away from their game and played tight,nervous baseball. In a way they made it easy for the trash talking idiots. Mo didn't get a standing O at Fenway on opening day 2005 for nothing.

[/QUOTE]

If the ALCS was a 5 game series the Yankees would have prevailed shutting out the Sox 3-0.

A 7 game series gives the stronger team more of an opportunity to get things going, which is what happened in the 2004 ALCS. Especially an advantage to a team with a deeper pen.

Then the Red Sox went on to destroy the Cardinal 4-0 in the World Series, winning 7 games in a row against two of the best teams in the game, but I suppose the Cards choked too.

[/QUOTE] 

Sox were a better team than the Cards. Having their ace on the shelf didn't hurt either.

How bout them cowboys.

[/QUOTE]

Last night without 5 starters on defense, starting nose tackle Jay Ratliff, DE Kenyon Coleman the two great young inside line backers Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, starting safty Barry Church.

Demarcus Ware playing situational downs because of a shoulder and elbow issues he needs off season surgery for.

I'm surprised they hung in the standings as long as they did, the defense was shot.

Even if they won there is no way they beat Seattle. Feeling cocky about the Pats?

[/QUOTE]

Every team is injured this time of year.

Qiuit making excuses.

The fact is, if Romo didn't get the yips during every big game, the Cowgirls may have won a championship or two, in the last few years.

The Pats may not make it past the AFC, but they make it further than Romo and Co.

Every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 

How bout them cowboys.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Qiuit making excuses.

The fact is, if Romo didn't get the yips during every big game, the Cowgirls may have won a championship or two, in the last few years.

The Pats may not make it past the AFC, but they make it further than Romo and Co.

Every year.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see what the Pats record would be in the NFC East.

Making excuses?

I've been following the Cowboys since Eddie Lebaron was the quarterback I cannot remember another Cowboy team as debilitated with injuries as this season has been.

That includes all the play-off teams q-backed by Don Meridith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman. They did not have a play-off caliber team with this many injuries.

The reason is because the game has changed so much. Teams can no longer hang onto and control ballplayers the way they did prior to the cap in 1994.

I remember the Cowboys when their 3 tight ends were Billy Joe Dupree, Jean Fugett and Mike Ditka. Or when the season prior roy running back Calvin Hill went down only to be replaced off the bench to the back who would also win the roy of that season Duane Thomas.

The teams today have no depth. The Steelers were another play-off capable team who had their hopes dashed by injuries.

This is parity in the NFL and I don't like it. I'd prefer to see the super teams of the 60s-70s and 80s, who were there because they were better run organizations, the Pats were one of them btw. Just look at their teams of the 70s and 80s.

I prefer to watch the super teams battle it out instead of this watered down version of the NFL.

All it takes is one key injury to deep six any team in the NFL. I don't whether you're old enough to remember the Colts with Johnny U. and Ear Morrall.

That Cowboy team that beat the Giants the opening Monday night game was not on the field yesterday.

The Pats were lucky when Gronkowshi to have Hernandez to absorb the loss, but that is not the case elsewhere in the NFL. I don't know what the answer is, possibly less pre-season games.

Getting to the Superbowl is now not only about being good but it is also more important to be lucky (health wise). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

People, please, don't keep copying entire posts like that.  It really makes a mess. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Qiuit making excuses.

Every year.

Making excuses?

I've been following the Cowboys since Eddie Lebaron was the quarterback I cannot remember another Cowboy team as debilitated with injuries as this season has been.

That includes all the play-off teams q-backed by Don Meridith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman. They did not have a play-off caliber team with this many injuries.

The reason is because the game has changed so much. Teams can no longer hang onto and control ballplayers the way they did prior to the cap in 1994.

I remember the Cowboys when their 3 tight ends were Billy Joe Dupree, Jean Fugett and Mike Ditka. Or when the season prior roy running back Calvin Hill went down only to be replaced off the bench to the back who would also win the roy of that season Duane Thomas.

The teams today have no depth. The Steelers were another play-off capable team who had their hopes dashed by injuries.

This is parity in the NFL and I don't like it. I'd prefer to see the super teams of the 60s-70s and 80s, who were there because they were better run organizations, the Pats were one of them btw. Just look at their teams of the 70s and 80s.

The good organizations and there were a handful had decent drafts every year because they did their homework, the lousy teams would get the top picks every year and draft duds.

Teams can no longer afford to keep good players that they drafted because of the cap.

I prefer to watch the super teams battle it out instead of this watered down version of the NFL.

All it takes is one key injury to deep six any team in the NFL. I don't whether you're old enough to remember the Colts with Johnny U. and Ear Morrall.

That Cowboy team that beat the Giants the opening Monday night game was not on the field yesterday.

The Pats were lucky when Gronkowshi to have Hernandez to absorb the loss, but that is not the case elsewhere in the NFL. I don't know what the answer is, possibly less pre-season games.

Getting to the Superbowl is now not only about being good but it is also more important to be lucky (health wise).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People, please, don't keep copying entire posts like that.  It really makes a mess. 

[/QUOTE]

Can't delete it now.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Qiuit making excuses.

Every year.

Making excuses?

I remember the Cowboys when their 3 tight ends were Billy Joe Dupree, Jean Fugett and Mike Ditka. Or when the season prior roy running back Calvin Hill went down only to be replaced off the bench to the back who would also win the roy of that season Duane Thomas.

This is parity in the NFL and I don't like it. I'd prefer to see the super teams of the 60s-70s and 80s, who were there because they were better run organizations, the Pats were one of them btw. Just look at their teams of the 70s and 80s.

The good organizations and there were a handful had decent drafts every year because they did their homework, the lousy teams would get the top picks every year and draft duds.

Teams can no longer afford to keep good players that they drafted because of the cap.

Getting to the Superbowl is now not only about being good but it is also more important to be lucky (health wise).

[/QUOTE]

Then don't watch. No one cares that you miss the good ol' days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Copy the post that you wish to respond to, paste it, and then respond below it. Even a caveman can do it.

[/QUOTE]

pike wearing two hats, village idiot and board moderator.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

ThefourBs

The best thing that came out of your body today is probably still fouling the air in the bath room.

And if you don't like my posts then you can ignore them as well instead being a jerk.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

And TWM was berating Sox fans who play the injury card. TWM needs to find a Yankee forum. I'm Protestant and go to a Protestant church. He is Catholic and goes to a synagogue. Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

What should you to do pike is move to the middle east where your narrow minded depiction of how people can interact with one another is more to your liking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

ThefourBs

The best thing that came out of your body today is probably still fouling the air in the bath room.

And if you don't like my posts then you can ignore them as well instead being a jerk.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but when someone is dumb enough to say that a team is "lucky" to have drafted two good tight ends, why bother with a reasonable response?

We can't actually give a team credit for creating the depth that keeps them from losing games.

It must be luck.

Idiot.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ThefourBs

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but when someone is dumb enough to say that a team is "lucky" to have drafted two good tight ends, why bother with a reasonable response?

We can't actually give a team credit for creating the depth that keeps them from losing games.

It must be luck.

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

No apology necessary which poses the question why start now?

Anyone with a half of a brain would understand that what I wrote was that the Pats were lucky to lose a position player where they had some depth and in this case quality at a back up tight end in Hernandez.

Which is not the case at every position, like most NFL teams.

Look I don't read any of your posts because I'm impressed with you or your opinions so put me on ignore and then we'll both be happy.

And I'm not desperate for pen pals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

TWM doesn't come here to discuss sports, he comes here to annoy.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't post much at all if it wasn't to respond to personal attacks by the 4bs, hh and you wingnut.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

These guys are too much.

They attack me out of the blue and then they're angry because I defend myself.

Pack a lunch.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

These guys are too much.

They attack me out of the blue and then they're angry because I defend myself.

Pack a lunch.

[/QUOTE]

Go to Riveravenueblues.com

You don't belong here.

This is a Red Sox forum.

[/QUOTE]

pike you don't get along with the sox fans here, what site would you suggest they go to?

And what exactly do you expect from the internet?

Can't accept the diverse opinions of others, there are no sites I know of that are any different.

Most people here embrace the sharing of different opinions as a learning experience.

You're the one who has a problem when confronted with the blunt honest opinions of others.

I suggest you unplug and get yourself checked out, btw it seems you have gender dilemma issues too edith.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 

How bout them cowboys.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For starters Pop's it wasn't the Cowboy's defense that threw 3 picks. It was your boy Tony OH-NO.  In elimination games he is 1-7. He's a total fraud and Jerry Jones is an owner who plays GM and only hires coaches he can control. That's why in 15 years they have been nobody's.

Every team suffers injuries. It's the nature of the sport. Good teams have depth which is why the Pat's have back-ups at every position. TE only being one. The cowboys blow their payroll on a few studs and like the Jets are very thin on reserves.

I don't know how deep the Pat's will go this season. I do know every year there in the mix. They lost 4 regular season games. 3 by a total of 4 points. That included a 1 point loss in Seattle.

FYI the Pat's in there 2 SB losses were not destroyed.

BTW they won 3 since 2001.

The C's are a lot like your yanks.

Best days are in the rear view mirror.

One of your new year goals should be to stop living in the past and try to grasp what is currently happening in the world of sports.

That and retire before it's too late.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 

How bout them cowboys.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For starters Pop's it wasn't the Cowboy's defense that threw 3 picks. It was your boy Tony OH-NO.  In elimination games he is 1-7. He's a total fraud and Jerry Jones is an owner who plays GM and only hires coaches he can control. That's why in 15 years they have been nobody's.

Every team suffers injuries. It's the nature of the sport. Good teams have depth which is why the Pat's have back-ups at every position. TE only being one. The cowboys blow their payroll on a few studs and like the Jets are very thin on reserves.

I don't know how deep the Pat's will go this season. I do know every year there in the mix. They lost 4 regular season games. 3 by a total of 4 points. That included a 1 point loss in Seattle.

FYI the Pat's in there 2 SB losses were not destroyed.

BTW they won 3 since 2001.

The C's are a lot like your yanks.

Best days are in the rear view mirror.

One of your new year goals should be to stop living in the past and try to grasp what is currently happening in the world of sports.

That and retire before it's too late.

[/QUOTE]

Pats play in a division with 3 of the worst teams in football.

Pats played how many teams during the 2012 season that have moved onto the play-offs 3?

Baltimore, SF and Seattle.

And how many of those games did the Pats win?

Answer 0-3.

They played 3 NFC teams this season and lost to two.

You sound like Brady's wife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Wouldn't be great for the has-been Pete Carroll to get into the SB against the Pats?

Carroll could be 2-0 against his former employer for 2012.

Btw what is it with the Patriots stealing the Cowboys uniforms?

Cowboys blue away jerseys, silver pants, helmet.

Down to the star on the silver helmut.

Red and white were the team colors as I remember them.

Sections
Shortcuts