Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago...

After the 100 count mistake made with Pedro, the Los Angeles Dodgers became the Blue Sox for a while, importing the manager and several players ...  it was interesting to me.

Now it looks as if Chicago will be flavored with Carmine Sox as well as the Pale Hose.

Not only will Theo be there, but PTI guy and Chicago sports bon vivante Wilbong wants Tito, even over Ryne (Rhyne?) Sandburg as manager.  His reaction to being questioned about what happened to his support for Sandberg (sp), his answer was in the fashion of this was a no-brainer when he said, "Yeah, but Terry Francona?  Come on, this is Francona!"

Our myopic haters here in Boston don't really get the amount of respect and credit Theo and Tito have built for themselves in the baseball world at the MLB level.  They can only see the things that tick them off and discount all the rest.  And the rest?  Well, heck, the rest is only a decade (yup, we'll include Duquette as a foundation layer) of premier baseball, including two championships that had eluded the Hub for 86% of a 100 years.  

If it's a no-brainer for Wilbong to want Tito ... makes me wonder where our collective mindset has been here ... I mean the negative part.

Chicago's willing to pay Theo $20 million ... make him the highest paid guy ever and he gets to run the whole show, not just GM.  Sounds like he's not too capable ...

Apparently ... there is an appetite for that rascal that led us to two crowns too ...

Second City could turn out to be ALLL SOX, ALL THE TIME. 

::   ::   :::   :::

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago...

I love watching PTI and didn't realize that Mike Wilbon wants Francona to become the manager of the Cubs.  Don't know if it would happen, but I suppose that ahything is possible.  I have already stated this, but I really believe that the Cubs will win the World Series in the next 5 to 10 years. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The one thing that I do blame Theo for entirely is the discord among players on the team he assembled.  It is a collection of great players with no common goal that is readily apparent.  It is a great look in the mirror at past Yankee teams assembled with money and little thought elsewhere.  The difference being that somehow the Yanks always seem to manage to put themselves in a position to have a chance to win - even though they don't.  I think fans can agree with that outcome year after year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago...:
    [QUOTE]The one thing that I do blame Theo for entirely is the discord among players on the team he assembled.  It is a collection of great players with no common goal that is readily apparent.  It is a great look in the mirror at past Yankee teams assembled with money and little thought elsewhere.  The difference being that somehow the Yanks always seem to manage to put themselves in a position to have a chance to win - even though they don't.  I think fans can agree with that outcome year after year.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Winning the World Series wasn't a common goal?

Or does everyone on the team have to be an N-Scale model train buff in order to win the title?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I tried starting a positive thread on Theo in Chicago more than 5 weeks ago and it got little attention. I might try again over the winter but the bottom line is that Theo should be pumped for this opportunity and my guess is that Epstein is quite pumped indeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]The one thing that I do blame Theo for entirely is the discord among players on the team he assembled.  It is a collection of great players with no common goal that is readily apparent.  It is a great look in the mirror at past Yankee teams assembled with money and little thought elsewhere.  The difference being that somehow the Yanks always seem to manage to put themselves in a position to have a chance to win - even though they don't.  I think fans can agree with that outcome year after year.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Yes, and with questionable arm surgeries to boot. When is that investigation going to happen btw? And don't even get me started on the umpires' calls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I tried starting a positive thread on Theo in Chicago more than 5 weeks ago and it got little attention. I might try again over the winter but the bottom line is that Theo should be pumped for this opportunity and my guess is that Epstein is quite pumped indeed.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Burrito,

The prophet is rarely appreciated until after the fact.

Five weeks ago, when the rumors started to surface (I know there was an even earlier rumor back near mid-season) more and more, I know I wasn't taking it seriously.  Kudos to you for the foresight.  It's a moment I think should be noted.  (Not like those who forecast our seasonal downfall, this {your foresight} at least wasn't celebrating the defeat.  I abhore that.)

And now that all the realities are upon us, it's not a harsh thing to say you were right. 

Theo's rep around the MLB is much more savory than here among our own.  But then, we ARE savvy baseball fans.   Aren't we?

:oD

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If I had foresight it was merely that I thought "why not," because if I were Theo I would jump at that chance regardless how this year turned in in Boston.  

I have to ad I have said little negatively about Theo over the years, and I am happy for him, but I am even more happy to see him go. I am ready for as much a change here as can be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago... : Winning the World Series wasn't a common goal? Or does everyone on the team have to be an N-Scale model train buff in order to win the title?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin,

You know I hold you in high regard.  If not for anything but your superb avatar pic.   But, of course, for more than that.

I have led (such as my leadership skills were efficacious) several groups of folks that SAY they want to grow.  It is a common reality.  Since 1974, I have only met ONE group out of dozens that openly stated they wanted to strengthen the group and enjoy that strength over growing in size.  They made it clear that numeric growth was not a priority.  That was too honest a statement for many in my {former} calling.  But few were willing to do the work to get there.  As a matter of fact, MOST struck out against - that is to say they didn't wiff, but forceably hit against - the requirements it takes to grow.  

In other words, almost everyone pays lip service to wanting the big prize, but few, even pros, pay the price for a team success.

I hope that price is one we are willing to pay in the seasons ahead.

::  ::  ::  ::  ::

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]SinceYaz, great post. I agree with your sentiments. I was a long suffering Red Sox fan when Theo and Terry came to this team. They established a world class organization. Two WS championships and a first rate minor league system. I salute you for this great post and the two aforementioned gentlemen.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Idiot ... and I know that you relish that term now ... as I do, thanks to that beloved team ... Cowboy Up aint too bad either ...

I have said to many a person, for instance at funerals after the eulogy, when they told me I did a great job (which I am glad to hear, as much to help the family along as my ego - but the ego likes it too), "When you have good material to work with, it makes my job a lot easier." 

Theo and Tito are excellent material.  Like those whom I eulogized in the fashion bove, not perfect, but excellent.

We shall remember these "Good Old Days!" 

I am all for more of them.  But we shall rmemeber these with a fondness that will be hard to parallel.

:o)

:: :: :: ::

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flavor of Red Sox in Chicago... : Yes, and with questionable arm surgeries to boot. When is that investigation going to happen btw? And don't even get me started on the umpires' calls.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Bless you Kim - your hatred of the Yankees even in these serious times in RSN continues to inspire many.

Here is the deal - get over Colon - his high velocity fastball lasted approximately a dozen games and then crashed and burned. Innings do that. As for the umpire calls, get over the Mo pitches already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jess,

A constant in helping to overcome one's problems is to redirect attention another way.

Kim is a constant, and I honor her for that, in her stand.  You know you won't get meally mouthed second guessing.  And she's solifly FOR the Sox, instead of just being negative.  (You know I don't like the ones who are only negative....)

But I also honor your stand.  You are able to contend without being trollish.  That is a counter weight to the reason I dislike much of the Evil Empire.  That is refreshing.  

I almost shouldn't say the next line.  So I'll type it instead.  I still don't know why you'd spend so much time here.  (An old position for me ... but not as hard a one as used to be.)

But I have enjoyed Jete, Steven, and Zac as well ... so, as Zac has reminded us from time to time, the baseball fan comes out as well as the personal commitment to team.  And enjoyed is a proper term.  Zac's been a good source of many a smile.  Steve's history and mine growing up are so similar in feeling that we are almost saying the same thing from time to time.  Brothers from different mothers sort of thing ... :oD

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Jess,   A constant in helping to overcome one's problems is to redirect attention another way.   Kim is a constant, and I honor her for that, in her stand.  You know you won't get meally mouthed second guessing.  And she's solifly FOR the Sox, instead of just being negative.  (You know I don't like the ones who are only negative....)   But I also honor your stand.  You are able to contend without being trollish.  That is a counter weight to the reason I dislike much of the Evil Empire.  That is refreshing.     I almost shouldn't say the next line.  So I'll type it instead.  I still don't know why you'd spend so much time here.  (An old position for me ... but not as hard a one as used to be.)   But I have enjoyed Jete, Steven, and Zac as well ... so, as Zac has reminded us from time to time, the baseball fan comes out as well as the personal commitment to team.  And enjoyed is a proper term.  Zac's been a good source of many a smile.  Steve's history and mine growing up are so similar in feeling that we are almost saying the same thing from time to time.  Brothers from different mothers sort of thing ... :oD        
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Thx SY, I appreciate it. I don't post here as much as I used to, but I still read 'em occasionally, as you can see. PS; I owe harness a movie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m