For all the LACKEY haters: good read

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

For all the LACKEY haters: good read

This is a good read. I think we forget that athletes have personal lives too. Just saying.   http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/jorge-posada-john-lackey-have-personal-problems-too-051711

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read

Yeah, Lackey's head hasn't been in the game recently. He's not an ace but is at least a solid number three normally. He's definitely not as bad as his recent numbers.

The guy is a competitor, sometimes to the point of being overly aggressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

one of the shocking things in that article was the 5year/80 million dollar contract. another big example of devaluating the dollar. and, also, the high cost of mediocrity. nice job THEO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read:
    one of the shocking things in that article was the 5year/80 million dollar contract. another big example of devaluating the dollar. and, also, the high cost of mediocrity. nice job THEO.
    Posted by the-yazzer

You just learned of the contract? You need to get out more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

$80 Million?!?  How come they never told us?  A cover-up me thinks; and five years!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by the-yazzer

Way to get the point. Sheesh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to For all the LACKEY haters: good read:
    This is a good read. I think we forget that athletes have personal lives too. Just saying.    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/jorge-posada-john-lackey-have-personal-problems-too-051711
    Posted by antiqueman1

Very good read. Athletes indeed have issues in their lives and families, and though Lackey's income will help his wife's treatment, it doesn't make it any less scary for them. Ditto Posada and his child.

I'll never understand fan outrage when a player is struggling. We all have jobs, and we all have days or even periods when we suck at it. Such is life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

great article. thanks for posting it. too bad that tedyaz managed to get back on the forum.

as a side note, as much as I want to beat the yankees, I felt happy for Jorge Posada that he was able to get a double last night. good for him.

I hope that the next couple of weeks can clear John's head and he can come back and focus on his pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

except most of us don't receive 80 million to SUK.
    and i'm not tedyaz, columbo.
    btw, what was SLACKEY'S excuse last year? i forgot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

except most of us don't receive 80 million to SUK. and i'm not tedyaz, columbo. btw, what was SLACKEY'S excuse last year. i forgot.
    Posted by the-yazzer

Wow, 15 posts and still nothing interesting from you.  BTW, Lackey has said nothing about his wife if you would condescend enough to read the article.  If his wife is going through a tough time, I certainly understand this.  Just because you are a surly jerk doesn't mean his situation is not valid.  Get over yourself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

over 5000 posts and still supporting mediocrity.
    HARVEY  and BOB will be so disappointed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

OUCH!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

except most of us don't receive 80 million to SUK.
    and i'm not tedyaz, columbo.
    btw, what was SLACKEY'S excuse last year? i forgot.

and I'm not columbo! but you sure as hell aren't much of red sox fan are ya?
    you do remind me of another azzclown that calls him "slackey"

but I guess once a putz always a putz eh?

don't bother responding chump. your on ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

wow, being read the riot act by a redneck. that's a low point in my life.
    also, AC/DC really are terrible, but only a person with at least half a brain would realize that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

over 5000 posts and still supporting mediocrity. HARVEY  and BOB will be so disappointed!
    Posted by the-yazzer

I'm not supporting mediocrity...whatever that means.  I'm letting the guy go on the DL and work out any issues he might have.  That is what teams do.  Or we can go the yazzer route and be a tool box.  No thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

except most of us don't receive 80 million to SUK. and i'm not tedyaz, columbo. btw, what was SLACKEY'S excuse last year? i forgot.
    Posted by the-yazzer

That's true, you suck for far less.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read : That's true, you suck for far less.
    Posted by LloydDobler

He sucks far more for far less.
    And AC/DC ROCKS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

except most of us don't receive 80 million to SUK. and i'm not tedyaz, columbo. btw, what was SLACKEY'S excuse last year? i forgot.
    Posted by the-yazzer

Why does he need an excuse for last year?  He led the team in quality starts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read : He sucks far more for far less. And AC/DC ROCKS
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Agreed on both counts. Clearly he never saw them live. (Ears rang for three weeks afterward).

But I'm sure he enjoyed the Carpenters more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to For all the LACKEY haters: good read : Very good read. Athletes indeed have issues in their lives and families, and though Lackey's income will help his wife's treatment, it doesn't make it any less scary for them. Ditto Posada and his child. I'll never understand fan outrage when a player is struggling. We all have jobs, and we all have days or even periods when we suck at it. Such is life.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd - Good points but some comments:

If he's struggling on the job like he was, then tell your bosses about what is going on if it is affecting your performance. I'm not saying he didn't do that, but too many athletes have ego's so large they don't disclose an injury or personal situation. Having gone through a death in my family, it is better to be proactive with the people around you.

Secondly, why throw up your arms everytime a teammate does something wrong? Lackey has done this multiple times since he has been with Boston. It speaks to his personality. Show some empathy as everyone makes mistakes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

you SLACKEY supporters have three things in common; you know little or nothing about baseball; don't have the guts to post a controversial opinion, for fear you won't be liked by the other apologists and excuse makers on this board, and have  bad taste in rock'n' roll.
    ac/dc is to r'n'r what john lackey is to starting pitching. and NO, that was not a compliment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read : Lloyd - Good points but some comments: If he's struggling on the job like he was, then tell your bosses about what is going on if it is affecting your performance. I'm not saying he didn't do that, but too many athletes have ego's so large they don't disclose an injury or personal situation. Having gone through a death in my family, it is better to be proactive with the people around you. Secondly, why throw up your arms everytime a teammate does something wrong? Lackey has done this multiple times since he has been with Boston. It speaks to his personality. Show some empathy as everyone makes mistakes.
    Posted by ADG

Couldn't agree more. That's something Lackey does that drives me nuts. Forgot which game it was, but he was getting shelled and then Crawford misplayed a ball in left. They showed Lackey, who threw his arms up and appeared to say "What the f---?" That crap has to stop.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

you SLACKEY supporters have three things in common; you know little or nothing about baseball; don't have the guts to post a controversial opinion, for fear you won't be liked by the other apologists and excuse makers on this board, and have  bad taste in rock'n' roll. ac/dc is to r'n'r what john lackey is to starting pitching. and NO, that was not a compliment.
    Posted by the-yazzer

Yazzer, no Red Sox fan is happy with the way Lackey is pitching. Of seven starts, I'd say he's had only three quality outings. That nonsense of throwing his arms in the air and yelling "What the f---" when a fielder misplays a ball has got to go.

But it comes down to a class and maturity level. Most of us are above calling him "Slackey" and thinking it's clever.

I'm not saying his wife's health issues are an excuse, but it might help explain some things. I know, God forbid, if a loved one of mine was facing a serious health concern, it would be on my mind 24/7.

Gotta admit I'm curious: Who do you like in Rock and Roll?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

yazzer, this board is still doting about how Wakefield deserves his year long active roster spot squat spot. Viewpoint is only allowed if it follows a certain view and presentation. It's called propaganda, politically correct, and to challenge means your views are "hate speech". Very familiar playbook.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: For all the LACKEY haters: good read : Yazzer, no Red Sox fan is happy with the way Lackey is pitching. Of seven starts, I'd say he's had only three quality outings. That nonsense of throwing his arms in the air and yelling "What the f---" when a fielder misplays a ball has got to go. But it comes down to a class and maturity level. Most of us are above calling him "Slackey" and thinking it's clever. I'm not saying his wife's health issues are an excuse, but it might help explain some things. I know, God forbid, if a loved one of mine was facing a serious health concern, it would be on my mind 24/7. Gotta admit I'm curious: Who do you like in Rock and Roll?
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd, I just wanted to tell you that I saw AC DC back in the late 70's when Bon Scott was sill alive and they were amazing. they had their origional drummer back then. angus young's only difference from then to now is that he doesn't have as much hair.
    Saw them a couple of times since with Brian Johnson and one time when chris slade was the drummer. being in a crowd of about 80,000 people all dancing to "shoot to thrill" is something that I can tell my grandchildren about someday....lol... One of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time man...........

Sections
Shortcuts