For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin

I think Salty is going to end up having the better season.  He's finally starting to catch on in Boston and it seems like he's getting better and better by the day.  Good stuff to see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin

Why do you have to bring Martin into this? could have been a nice discussion about Salty and now it's gonna be yet another yankee fest. Moron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

i feel the same way, i just hope he starts to get more playing time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

6 for his last 14.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]I think Salty is going to end up having the better season.  He's finally starting to catch on in Boston and it seems like he's getting better and better by the day.  Good stuff to see.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Depends how you define: The better season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]i feel the same way, i just hope he starts to get more playing time
    Posted by mattb5fon[/QUOTE]He will catch tomorrow even though it is a day game following a night game. Wake is starting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sweet-scar. Show sweet-scar's posts

In Response to For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]I think Salty is going to end up having the better season.  He's finally starting to catch on in Boston and it seems like he's getting better and better by the day.  Good stuff to see.

I agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin : He will catch tomorrow even though it is a day game following a night game. Wake is starting.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Aceves.
    I say Tek catches him.
    Tek gets all the head-cases.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

mkay...

Do you actually watch the games?

And have you completed third grade?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

IIn Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin : I thought it was Aceves . I say Tek catches him . Tek gets all the head-cases.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE] If true that he catches all the headcases it would be a small trade-off for not having to catch Wakefield for almost a decade. But OTOH isn't Lackey a headcase? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Another homer tonight for Salty, hope it all works out for him. He is catching on 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

glad to see the Sox brass having more faith in the team than many experts here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lackey can be, for sure. But it's not a matter between him and his catcher.
    Tek caught him last year. They did o.k. Lackey seldom shakes off his catchers.
    His issue is not willing to be held accountable once the ball is put in play.

Notice how Tito keeps Buch/Lester with Salty. There's a greater margin for error with them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Will waiting out Salty's slow start in 2011 be similar to waiting out Pedey's slow start 2007? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey can be, for sure. But it's not a matter between him and his catcher. Tek caught him last year. They did o.k. Lackey seldom shakes off his catchers. His issue is not willing to be held accountable once the ball is put in play. Notice how Tito keeps Buch/Lester with Salty. There's a greater margin for error with them.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]That's crazy. More margin of error with Buch than Beckett...when Beckett is healthy there is no comparison between those two. Beckett hung 5 plus in Cleveland with command of only one pitch. Buch gets hammered if he comes out with nothing but his change-up.

I admire you but I have to stop responding to your Tek takes for awhile,  Scott Boras at contract time isn't as effervescent in his assessments of Tek's all mightiness. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

May historically has been Jarrod Saltalamacchia's best hitting month:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=saltaja01&year=Career&t=b

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Borass is UR gold standard?  HA!

Tito pairs Buch/Lester with Salty.
    Last year, he paired them with VMART.

Fact Katz, no matter how you wish to shape it.
    Tito also pairs Josh/Dice with Tek for a reason.

Lester/Buch allow for a greater margin for error due to their stuff.
    I didn't say Beckett allows for less margin for error in comparison, but it's pretty obvious it's greater when he feels more confident/comfortable.
    However, I'd hardly call it "no comparison".
    When Josh/Lester/Buch are on - they are all quite good.

But Josh has issues when others catch him. Or is Beckett's mark with/without Tek just a coincidence?
    64-27 with.
    11-14 without.

Beckett is a head case who needs his security blankee.
    Tek is paired with the head-cases.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Borass is UR gold standard?  HA! Tito pairs Buch/Lester with Salty. Last year, he paired them with VMART. Fact Katz , no matter how you wish to shape it. Tito also pairs Josh/Dice with Tek for a reason. Lester/Buch allow for a greater margin for error due to their stuff. I didn't say Beckett allows for less margin for error in comparison, but it's pretty obvious it's greater when he feels more confident/comfortable. However, I'd hardly call it "no comparison". When Josh/Lester/Buch are on - they are all quite good. But Josh has issues when other s catch him. Or is Beckett's mark with/without Tek just a coincidence? 64-27 with. 11-14 without. Beckett is a head case who needs his security blankee. Tek is paired with the head-cases .
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Compelling stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the long-term in 2011, I like Saltalamaccia over Russell Martin : He will catch tomorrow even though it is a day game following a night game. Wake is starting.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

No day games this weekend...

-Daf. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Borass is UR gold standard?  HA! Tito pairs Buch/Lester with Salty. Last year, he paired them with VMART. Fact Katz , no matter how you wish to shape it. Tito also pairs Josh/Dice with Tek for a reason. Lester/Buch allow for a greater margin for error due to their stuff. I didn't say Beckett allows for less margin for error in comparison, but it's pretty obvious it's greater when he feels more confident/comfortable. However, I'd hardly call it "no comparison". When Josh/Lester/Buch are on - they are all quite good. But Josh has issues when other s catch him. Or is Beckett's mark with/without Tek just a coincidence? 64-27 with. 11-14 without. Beckett is a head case who needs his security blankee. Tek is paired with the head-cases .
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Varitek is Beckett's guy but if Salty keeps this up then he will be catching 4 out of the 5 starters instead of 3 out of 5 like he's currently doing.  Varitek will get his additional opportunities in some day games after night games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tek will catch Aceves and Beckett.
    Salty gets Buch/Lester/Wake.
    60/40