For the Mods

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

For the Mods

It would be great if threads were not "closed for discussion" after being bumped 3 pages or more. I understand it's meant to prevent thread bumping, but that's been going on for years. Maybe it would be better to find out who is bumping threads, and how they are able to do that instead of protecting the board against it. If someone hasn't been here for awhile, it makes it difficult to respond to posts.

Btw, I have a poster who emulates me as "kimsaythis" instead of "kimsaysthis", which you have allowed for months. They even include my sig line. You've deleted some of the posts, but still he remains. Perhaps you could focus on that in the meantime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: For the Mods

I agree with Kim (I can't believe I just said that), but she is right. If there is a way to stop the individual who likes to bump threads 20 and 30 at a time which are months old, that would be great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: For the Mods:

I agree with Kim (I can't believe I just said that), but she is right. If there is a way to stop the individual who likes to bump therads 20 and 30 at a time which are months old, that would be great.
    Posted by jesseyeric

You know, I was with a musician in a club when the club was raided, I think because of a liquor license. We were all told to stand against the wall. I had my bag on the bar and so I went to get it. A cop stopped me and said I couldn't. While I was busy telling him what I thought about that, my friend came up behind me and put his hand over my mouth. He pulled me back against the wall (with my bag that he, incredibly, managed to grab at the same time). A kind gesture as he had way more to lose than me at the time. You remind me of him.

And I agree, it is a little weird for you to have my back. But, thank you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: For the Mods : You know, I was with a musician in a club when the club was raided, I think because of a liquor license. We were all told to stand against the wall. I had my bag on the bar and so I went to get it. A cop stopped me and said I couldn't. While I was busy telling him what I thought about that, my friend came up behind me and put his hand over my mouth. He pulled me back against the wall (with my bag that he, incredibly, managed to grab at the same time). A kind gesture as he had way more to lose than me at the time. You remind me of him. And I agree, it is a little weird for you to have my back. But, thank you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

There is nothing wrong with sticking it to the man every now and then, i believe that is what rock and roll is for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Kim - probably because I am still a Rock musician at heart. Besides the annoyant who likes to bump threads that are so old just to pizz us off really annoys the h*ll out of me. Not sure if it is Law or some Yankee fan, but whoever it is, it causes my hands to slowly ball up into a fist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Aww, this is sweet.  Do I sense some kissing and making up here?  Kiss Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the mod should reach for the taser if Moon writes one more CERA post and/or if Softy ever mentions trading Ellsbury for a bag of balls or the Harlem Globetrotters again....

seriously, both of you guys...please stop

Ells may walk when its time but it makes no sense to trade him now considering he was MVP runner up...thats like trading your bmw for a volt (you can justify it but its unnecessary)

as for moon, there is no way CERA could be real simply because there is no control group that catchers can be measured by...they all have different pitchers, facing different batters, with different teams, in different ballparks...

now stop it I say...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

the mod should reach for the taser if Moon writes one more CERA post and/or if Softy ever mentions trading Ellsbury for a bag of balls or the Harlem Globetrotters again.... seriously, both of you guys...please stop Ells may walk when its time but it makes no sense to trade him now considering he was MVP runner up...thats like trading your bmw for a volt (you can justify it but its unnecessary) as for moon, there is no way CERA could be real simply because there is no control group that catchers can be measured by...they all have different pitchers, facing different batters, with different teams, in different ballparks... now stop it I say...
    Posted by georom4

You of all people should tell posters to stop being redundant and predictable? The forum is long tired of your  anti-Tito rants and fetish over Chicken, Bud Light, and video games rant. Are you related to Bosox1941 or are you the same person?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Poor Pike, I squashed you like a grape all year long and told you the cold hard truth about Tito and the team - your bootlicking has never recovered...you have been reduced to posting personal information and cutting and pasting...speaking of tired...get a new act (and name...it's time)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Poor Pike, I squashed you like a grape all year long and told you the cold hard truth about Tito and the team - your bootlicking has never recovered...you have been reduced to posting personal information and cutting and pasting...speaking of tired...get a new act (and name...it's time)
    Posted by georom4

Not everyone is convinced that Terry and occasional fried chicken and a bud light on days off was the predominate reason for the collapse in September. If it makes you feel good then go for it. The rest of us are a bit more cerebral. Most reasonable people will pin the September collapse on the whole team. According to Jon Lester, he played his last video game twenty years ago but yet you believe the Bob Hohler nonsense. You appear to have an agenda and facts do not matter.  It is your act that is without merit or conscience. Refine it or drop it and give a failing forum a chance to survive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

your arguments defending Chickengate & our idiotic former manager make about as much sense as the flat earth society...you are like those japanese maniacs in the south pacific still fighting ww2 as their teeth fall out and backs give out due to old age....

btw, the only time i bring up this debacle is when naysayers like you try to rewrite history...you will be reminded every time you try to minimize your bad judgement about what happened....which means it will never go away because you can't admit being wrong....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Jon Lester:

“There’s a perception out there that we were up there getting hammered and that wasn’t the case. Was it a bad habit? Yes. I should have been on the bench more than I was. But we just played bad baseball as a team in September. We stunk. To be honest, we were doing the same things all season when we had the best record in baseball.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

utica is tired of people and he has only been here two months.  I would say that most of tired of you with your 1000 plus posts in that short time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

AWESOME and OUCH sound like super video games.

http://www.sploder.com/games/members/jackbu/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: For the Mods : There is nothing wrong with sticking it to the man every now and then, i believe that is what rock and roll is for.
    Posted by RSF4Life234

Well, I wouldn't call it sticking to the man exactly, just having my back. All eyes on him and the hand on my mouth not so much the other hand. :) A guy came up to us shortly after and told us we should probably just leave. We did.

Very cool, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim - probably because I am still a Rock musician at heart. Besides the annoyant who likes to bump threads that are so old just to pizz us off really annoys the h*ll out of me. Not sure if it is Law or some Yankee fan, but whoever it is, it causes my hands to slowly ball up into a fist.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Thought you'd enjoy this...

Being an artist means belonging to a unique, exciting gang of outlaws. -- Robert Venosa

My thoughts on the bumping after all these years is it just defies logic. It's starting to seem like an inside job of some sort. Especially since it also appears to be unique in regard to the other 800 million or so other forums out there. Maybe they have an outlaw of their own. Just sayin'.

Having said that, no way it's a Boston fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Aww, this is sweet.  Do I sense some kissing and making up here?    
    Posted by S5

You'd love it, S5, since I know you've been involved for a long time. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Kim

Personally, I have always believed it to be Law (not Softy) who did the bumping. There were a few ocassions last year when he used his real profile name as opposed to all his aliases and you would see it on the sorts home page. . As to whether he is a Sox fan or not, I don't know. He was an absolute hater of Theo and had several posters backing him. They were known as Law's Army.

I always believed him to be a Sox fan - part of the 2004 bandwagon group. But I cannot say with 100 % certainty on it. If it is a Yankee fan, shame on him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Kim Personally, I have always believed it to be Law (not Softy) who did the bumping. There were a few ocassions last year when he used his real profile name as opposed to all his aliases and you would see it on the sorts home page. . As to whether he is a Sox fan or not, I don't know. He was an absolute hater of Theo and had several posters backing him. They were known as Law's Army. I always believed him to be a Sox fan - part of the 2004 bandwagon group. But I cannot say with 100 % certainty on it. If it is a Yankee fan, shame on him.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Suipposedly, it was widely conjectured to be a poster known as Smelly Behind that did this about 2 yrs ago, and it teed everyone off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: For the Mods : Suipposedly, it was widely conjectured to be a poster known as Smelly Behind that did this about 2 yrs ago, and it teed everyone off.
    Posted by nhsteven

It's happened periodically, as recently a month or so ago. BTW, Happy Holidays Steve

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Same to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Same to you.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE

And I believe Smelly and Law are one in the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: For the Mods : Suipposedly, it was widely conjectured to be a poster known as Smelly Behind that did this about 2 yrs ago, and it teed everyone off.
    Posted by nhsteven

Please don't say anything bad about him...You will really open up a can of worms!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim Personally, I have always believed it to be Law (not Softy) who did the bumping. There were a few ocassions last year when he used his real profile name as opposed to all his aliases and you would see it on the sorts home page. . As to whether he is a Sox fan or not, I don't know. He was an absolute hater of Theo and had several posters backing him. They were known as Law's Army. I always believed him to be a Sox fan - part of the 2004 bandwagon group. But I cannot say with 100 % certainty on it. If it is a Yankee fan, shame on him.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Let's see...

Bumped up all of Beni's threads to make it appear that Beni was a problem.
    Had Beni put in quarantine as a result.
    Also caused Beni's threads that were bumped to be permanently deleted, and, therefore, no longer even in the archives. We both know Beni's threads were all negative Yankee threads, right?
    Through the bumping process, managed to bump threads Sox fans were having discussions on to the back pages.
    Caused discussions on the back pages to be unavailable for further comments.

Yeah, it's a Sox fan.

FTR, this "Law" character who was here before I got here never sounded like a Sox fan to me from all the descriptions of him. But even if he was, there were, apparently, so many incarnations of him anyone could have taken a "Law" name to annoy Sox fans. They have mine. Just took the "s" off of "says".

But like I said, no way this goes on for what is it now? over four or more years? on any forum anywhere without anyone being able to stop it. That just sounds like nonsense to me after all this time. It would be way too hard to convince me otherwise at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agreed Kim as to the inability to stop it. Yes, the person behind it did create a profile to mock Beni. If you weren't here for the Law rants back in 2008 & 2009, you missed some serious insanity. And to be honest, I don't know what his deal was. Maybe he was a Yankee fan here to incite. Sad and pathetic if that is true. I saw him as a true Theo hater who also loved Manny more than anything. But I cannot say with any certainty on the subject and I don't think any0one can either.

Sections
Shortcuts