For the Non- Anger Management Posters Here: A Fantastic Year for the BDC Forum and the Red Sox- Yankees Rivlary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

For the Non- Anger Management Posters Here: A Fantastic Year for the BDC Forum and the Red Sox- Yankees Rivlary

So many people have been predicting this forum's early functional demise (no one comes here because of this or that poster), it is not funny...But something in the MLB will keep this forum alive and well, and that is the new found parity in baseball...Now when ESPN or some other MLB-related sports site picks the gimme-a-break Nationals or the they-could-never-win-Braves as Number One in their Power Rankings, we tend to scoff here and intone the powers of the AL East or Al West at any given time of the season...Problem is that the National League, since the Red Sox triumph in 2007, has won every WS since then. except the 2009 Yankees...Damn those Giants, Cards and Phillies...As for my predictions, I went on and on some months ago about how JH had butchered the Red Sox with his trades to the Dodgers and elsewhere (Yankee fan wishful thinking, and certified apologies to Carnie for my own madness), and something else happened on the way to the forum...I am sorry to say it,  but whether there is a Bucholzian splitter or not, the Red Sox are here to stay.....I have been on many, many Yankee forums, but this remains one of the absolute best....Of course, it is true that Red Sox fans as a whole have a lower IQ, worse impulse control than Yankee fans, and more personal problems overall, but that is part of their PTSD/Roger Angellish Curse of the Babe charm...They should be forgiven IMHO. because they know not what they do....In any event, this season will be a blast, and I have no clue who will come out on top, other than the fact that the Nationals and Braves will choke yet again...I did pick a Yankees over Dodgers World Series win many moons ago, but that pick seems pretty silly at this point...Also, I did get a $20.00 check from Dottie  for doing  this post, but that is something I would never acknowledge in public...BDC forum first!!!! Personal anger issues last!!!! Control the Troll!!! Go BDC!!!! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: For the Non- Anger Management Posters Here: A Fantastic Year for the BDC Forum and the Red Sox- Yankees Rivlary

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Get Bent !  Laughing

I represent that remark Burrito, as I am already skewed...And when was the last time you gave  freebies out from your taco stand...Pretty cheap if I may say so....Even with virtual Tex-Mex cuisine....Very Red Sox fan-ish...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: For the Non- Anger Management Posters Here: A Fantastic Year for the BDC Forum and the Red Sox- Yankees Rivlary

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

So many people have been predicting this forum's early functional demise (no one comes here because of this or that poster), it is not funny...But something in the MLB will keep this forum alive and well, and that is the new found parity in baseball...Now when ESPN or some other MLB-related sports site picks the gimme-a-break Nationals or the they-could-never-win-Braves as Number One in their Power Rankings, we tend to scoff here and intone the powers of the AL East or Al West at any given time of the season...Problem is that the National League, since the Red Sox triumph in 2007, has won every WS since then. except the 2009 Yankees...Damn those Giants, Cards and Phillies...As for my predictions, I went on and on some months ago about how JH had butchered the Red Sox with his trades to the Dodgers and elsewhere (Yankee fan wishful thinking, and certified apologies to Carnie for my own madness), and something else happened on the way to the forum...I am sorry to say it,  but whether there is a Bucholzian splitter or not, the Red Sox are here to stay.....I have been on many, many Yankee forums, but this remains one of the absolute best....Of course, it is true that Red Sox fans as a whole have a lower IQ, worse impulse control than Yankee fans, and more personal problems overall, but that is part of their PTSD/Roger Angellish Curse of the Babe charm...They should be forgiven IMHO. because they know not what they do....In any event, this season will be a blast, and I have no clue who will come out on top, other than the fact that the Nationals and Braves will choke yet again...I did pick a Yankees over Dodgers World Series win many moons ago, but that pick seems pretty silly at this point...Also, I did get a $20.00 check from Dottie  for doing  this post, but that is something I would never acknowledge in public...BDC forum first!!!! Personal anger issues last!!!! Control the Troll!!! Go BDC!!!! 

As long as you're here, I'll keep coming here. Tongue Out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Hey carnie!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Taco Stand on OOB Pier (Maine)... 1993-94-95. I believe I sold tacos for $2.50 and they were quite large (jumbo). I always had the smart mouth come up and tell me that they could get a $1 taco at Taco Bell. There were not any Taco Bells in Maine at the time of course, but that didn't stop them from making the comments. In my 2nd year I expanded to sell Ice-Cream... .99 cents for one cone. I really ticked off my adjacent competition who was selling Fried Dough for $2. 

Those were the days.

I'm a Maine'r and very proud of it!  Huge fan of OOB.....go there at least a dozen times every Summer.  Pretty sure I may have had one of your Taco's or two!  Although I've always been very partial to Rocco's Pizza on the corner and the JJ's bar next to it.  It's changing a lot down there though.  Getting a little too commercial.  A lot of great businesses left and were replaced by medicore places.  Seemed like when the built the huge condo buildings near the Pier things went down.  (although admittedly I came VERY close to buying one of those condos when they were being built.....I should have.....worst non decision I ever made as I could have sold it a few years later for litterally 3 times what I could have paid...DOH!!!!)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Hey carnie!

Was wondering where you were, and if we were going to have to start a where's carnie thread. Wink Please check your email

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Is our favourite left coast anarchist back to stay ?

Hey Carnie, looks like our boy JCL back  buried in Portland. Maybe you can question him when you go Down East this summah ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Where you been sunshine?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Carnie....Thank you so much for the kind words...It has been such a stressful week at my clinic, like it has been for the past month...We had a unhinged guy kill 4 people right near us about a month ago, and things have been percolating since then...We were under lockdown here because the shooter holed up a few buildings down the block, and there were over 40 NYS Police trooper vehicles surrounding us, as well as FBI vehicles...We could hear the exchange of shots very clearly...The police did an amazing job....My girls were at a local Catholic School and  they sent 2 SWAT Team members there to safeguard them...When I picked my girls up, those guys were so down to earth, and non-scary, despite their intimidating gear. Almost all of my clients have some form of PTSD, and many of them have  not been right since...That is the life of a community mental health clinic...In  any event, thank you for the post...Until they send me dragging and kicking off this site, I will be  here...And the feeling is mutual, monsieur....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

OMG..I thought he lost it in the sun..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

That was too weird...No harm no foul though...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Carnie....Thank you so much for the kind words...It has been such a stressful week at my clinic, like it has been for the past month...We had a unhinged guy kill 4 people right near us about a month ago, and things have been percolating since then...We were under lockdown here because the shooter holed up a few buildings down the block, and there were over 40 NYS Police trooper vehicles surrounding us, as well as FBI vehicles...We could hear the exchange of shots very clearly...The police did an amazing job....My girls were at a local Catholic School and  they sent 2 SWAT Team members there to safeguard them...When I picked my girls up, those guys were so down to earth, and non-scary, despite their intimidating gear. Almost all of my clients have some form of PTSD, and many of them have  not been right since...That is the life of a community mental health clinic...In  any event, thank you for the post...Until they send me dragging and kicking off this site, I will be  here...And the feeling is mutual, monsieur....

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

My husband was at dullus airport same time as the terrorists on 9/11, fortunatly he boarded a plain to atlanta

My son was at tech during the cho shooting, not fun.

The dc snipper killed someone a few miles from where I worked and a mile from where my son worked.  I was scared everytime I went to the gas station, felt like I had a bulls eye on my back.

I was born in boston.

These events do tend to un-nerve people.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good to see you back carnie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Taco Stand on OOB Pier (Maine)... 1993-94-95. I believe I sold tacos for $2.50 and they were quite large (jumbo). I always had the smart mouth come up and tell me that they could get a $1 taco at Taco Bell. There were not any Taco Bells in Maine at the time of course, but that didn't stop them from making the comments. In my 2nd year I expanded to sell Ice-Cream... .99 cents for one cone. I really ticked off my adjacent competition who was selling Fried Dough for $2. 

Those were the days.

I'm a Maine'r and very proud of it!  Huge fan of OOB.....go there at least a dozen times every Summer.  Pretty sure I may have had one of your Taco's or two!  Although I've always been very partial to Rocco's Pizza on the corner and the JJ's bar next to it.  It's changing a lot down there though.  Getting a little too commercial.  A lot of great businesses left and were replaced by medicore places.  Seemed like when the built the huge condo buildings near the Pier things went down.  (although admittedly I came VERY close to buying one of those condos when they were being built.....I should have.....worst non decision I ever made as I could have sold it a few years later for litterally 3 times what I could have paid...DOH!!!!)

All this talk makes me homesick for new england!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

My husband was at dullus airport same time as the terrorists on 9/11, fortunatly he boarded a plain to atlanta

The dc snipper killed someone a few miles from where I worked and a mile from where my son worked.  I was scared everytime I went to the gas station, felt like I had a bulls eye on my back.

I was born in boston.

Thanks for the kind words, 67 redsox..It was pretty scary....We ended up getting  commendation letters from the NYSOMH Commissioner the way we handled the crisis, but I will never forget it...Thanks again...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I was born in boston.

Thanks for the kind words, 67 redsox..It was pretty scary....We ended up getting  commendation letters from the NYSOMH Commissioner the way we handled the crisis, but I will never forget it...Thanks again...

Congrats on the commendation.  I hope you gain some comfort in the knowledge that you did a good job.

I meant plane not plain!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Lackey pitched well, but Middlebrooks blew that throw...Napoli might have stretched too early as well...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I was born in boston.

Congrats on the commendation.  I hope you gain some comfort in the knowledge that you did a good job.

Thanks 67redsox...very much appreciated....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I was born in boston.

Thanks 67redsox...very much appreciated....

My Pleasure.