For the older posters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

For the older posters?

I have asked my dad who is in his late 60's how many titles the yankees won using players the sox traded to them over the years.He said he didn't know.I think back with the babe ruth trade,sparky lyle and many others who have left the sox forthe yankees.i just wondered how many of the titles the yankees won were based on former sox players.i think boggs and damon heped lead the yankees to a few titles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: For the older posters?

In response to bosoxhero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have asked my dad who is in his late 60's how many titles the yankees won using players the sox traded to them over the years.He said he didn't know.I think back with the babe ruth trade,sparky lyle and many others who have left the sox forthe yankees.i just wondered how many of the titles the yankees won were based on former sox players.i think boggs and damon heped lead the yankees to a few titles.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget the Texas Con Man - Roger Clemens!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I wonder if we rated the players that went to New York in order of who made the most imact how would it go, one being the obvious best:

1)  Ruth

2)  Clemens

3)  Lyle

4)  ???

Some others that went there:  Tiant, Boomer, Hobson, Stanton, Damon, Boggs, and a bunch of guys from the 1920's who I would have no real idea to their level of contribution (though i read there were some good ball players in the list).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to wonder about some of these new posters.  bosoxhero ?  36 posts .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to wonder about some of these new posters.  bosoxhero ?  36 posts .

[/QUOTE]

i am a fan of the sox.i live in western new york.i have not posted 36 posts since i found out about this board.i am just a curious fan.i won't bad mouth the sox because i don't live in boston.i have only been to fenway once.but just am interested in the thoughts of fellow fans who want both a youth movement but alos a contender every year.i wonder how teams like the pittsburgh pirates or royals feel.we have two titles in a decade the pirates haven't been a winning team in ten years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

I believe that the there were quite a few Red Sox players on the '27 Yankees, Ruth just being the most famous

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm 63 I don't care where a former RS player goes. I only care about the current players. Prior to the 70's only traded guys went to your main competitor. However prior to the 70's the RS were really not a true competitor of the NYYs.

those that have left since is a fact of MLB.

The worse move ever was Lyle for Cater plain rip off by Yankees

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to slakrking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that the there were quite a few Red Sox players on the '27 Yankees, Ruth just being the most famous

[/QUOTE]

Most of that infield came from the Red Sox, as did the GM who built that team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Ok .. had to check, in addition to Ruth the following 4 played for the Sox for at least 1 year prior to '27

Joe Dugan - 3b

Ben Paschal - OF

Waite Hoyte - P

Herb Pennock - P

s0 20% of their 25 man Roster and 3 in the HOF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

During the late 1980s to early 1990s, Boston's arch rival was the Toronto Blue Jays.

I was p*ssed when Clemens lost his first game of the season to Toronto in 1986 (he started the season 14-0).  

In 1990, Kelly Gruber's two throwing errors helped the Red Sox win the first game of a key 3-game series in game #157 of the regular season.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are talking about a time before free agency and a period where there wasn't as much movement for players between teams unless you were traded.

I can't recall any of the 60 Yankees being former Red Sox.

Jackie Jensen who won the MVP in 1958 came up through the Yankee system was traded to the Washington Senators when Mickey Mantle was brought up, then Jensen was traded to Boston where he won the MVP.

Jensen robbed both Mantle and Rocky Colavito who had better numbers during the 1958 season to win the award. 

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts